What are we watching on TV?

Have just finished watching series 1-4 Breaking Bad on Netflix. Does that count as TV?

Fantastic but brutally gripping.

Marion

Anyone watch the following last night, I sky+ it, but didnt watch yet. Is it worth getting into it?

I decided to not bother starting to watch it, based on the . Most shows have a strong opening episode or pilot. Many of them never live up to standard, e.g. Lost, FlashForward.

I watched the first 2 episodes, and got bored with it. Just didn't like the set up at all.

Loved FlashForward, for what it's worth, I was sorry to see it go after 1 season.

I watched some of that 80's series Tales of the Unexpected on Sky Arts. I saw most of them when I was young but don't remember them. There are some good twists in the stories and some great actors in them eg John Mills, John Gielgud, Joseph Cotten, Richard Basehart, to name but a few. They are/were on late on Sky Arts 2, mostly after 12 midnight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tales_of_the_Unexpected_episodes

Law and Order SVU Thursday nights 9pm - 11pm TV3.

Last edited:
I gave up tv for a while last year but am back watching a bit ...

Shameless us - love William h macey ... When u think he can't sink any lower ....
The good wife - not as good as previous seasons but still watchable
Elementary - took a while to get into as lucy liu is annoying but enjoying it now
Don't tell the bride on rte ... Love love love it!

Haven't seen suits or house of cards yet but they're on my list

There are a couple of documentaries on BBC4 this week that I'll record to watch later.

Mon 18 Feb 22:00 Google and the World Brain
Tue 19 Feb 22:00 The Pirate Bay
Wed 20 Feb 22:30 How hackers changed the world

Titanic Blood and Steel

12 episodes and I blitzed through in a few days

Magnificent TV, thumps up!

Having loved the original - just watched three episodes of the new Yes Minister on Gold. Would rather eat my own toenails

Parks & Recreation starts on BBC4 on Wednesday (06 March) at 22:00 (2 episodes).

The first season (6 episodes) was below the standard they climbed to in season two. It's a similar set-up to The Office; a film crew in a place of work (local government department in Indiana) with characters speaking to camera. This is redeemed by the characters of Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), her boss Ron Swanson, colleagues Tom Haverford and April Ludgate, and Andy Dwyer.

The character of Ron Swanson, in particular, is one of the great characters in TV comedy, a libertarian employed as a manager in local government, who doesn't believe in government.

Been hearing talk about Love Hate so decided to check it out

Watched the first two series, magnificent TV, thumps up.
If any of yiz disagree I'll be around to clip you and your family :mad:

Fantastic use of music, particularly the opening 90 seconds of season 2. I'm not sure what the tune was but it worked!

Aidan Gillan was the only actor I knew from Game of Thrones and The Wire, I didn't know any of the rest of the cast.

Darren seems to be a bit soft to me to be going around doing what he does.
While how does Tommy get all the girls? Scumbag haircut, one tone voice and they are drooling after him :confused: :cool:

Has anybody made it through Entourage? I am really struggling to see what all the hype was about and get through the first series! Do the story lines and/or characters get any better through the following series?

Currently loving Vikings.
Excellent show, I think I read it was filmed in Ireland but I'm not sure about that.
Thumbs up

Game of Thrones back next week :D
Time for a marathon session of the boxsets in get ready!

Looked at the new season of Foyles War. The background scenes looked familiar. The credits said it was shot in Ireland. Did anyone recognise any of the background locations?

Has anybody made it through Entourage? I am really struggling to see what all the hype was about and get through the first series! Do the story lines and/or characters get any better through the following series?

I watched all seasons, not sure why :eek:. Maybe it was for the promise of an Ari Gold eruption, or zinger of a one-liner.

If you're struggling to stay engaged in Season One, cut your losses now ;) !

Watched 'Would you Believe' last night. A documentary about atheist comedian Abie Philbin Bowman. He uses comedy to challenge peoples assumptions about the world. Didn't agree with all that he had to say, but he is a very intelligent young man and I really enjoyed the programme. Also brought back great memories of the International Bar in Dublin!!!

Abie is nearly a carbon copy of the dad would you say?, heard him on radio recently, very much the same style.

They are similar in ways, as is their family in gereral from what I saw last night. I found it intertesting the way Abie uses comedy to discuss topics that we Irish don't really like to talk about openly - religion, family death etc

Maybe it was for the promise of an Ari Gold eruption, or zinger of a one-liner.

I've been told he does come out with some great one liners again in the next few series; but if I give my OH one of his "types" of response, I'm going to be murdered.

Back