What are the valid reasons for refusing somebody entry into a public house/niteclub?

perhaps... but it doesn't seem to have solved any problems.

There is still discrimination and refusals based on nothing but appearance. Sober people turning up and told that they're too drunk, even if they haven't drunk a drop.

perhaps... but it doesn't seem to have solved any problems.

There is still discrimination and refusals based on nothing but appearance. Sober people turning up and told that they're too drunk, even if they haven't drunk a drop.

Maybe I'm getting old, and I just don't go to these places anymore.

Take your business to somewhere it is appreciated.

Maybe I'm getting old, and I just don't go to these places anymore.

Take your business to somewhere it is appreciated.

I agree with Complainer. Any nightclub/pub that I have been to that has refused me for an invalid reason (i.e. too drunk when sober, fake id when the id is clearly mine and I am of age, not a regular, etc etc etc) I just do not return to. In the past, this has resulted in the very large company I used to work for taking their business (staff parties, client outings etc) away from various establishments based on feedback from staff, not just myself. Simple.

Yes, access to public places should be guaranteed for all citizens until it's proven they have ill intent, or until they wreck the place.

How would people feel if the guards stood at the end of Grafton St. and prevented access to certain people for no reason?... would this be tolerated by anyone? So the alternative is to allow unrestricted access to all public places (including public houses).. but that doesn't seem to be the case.

There should be exceptions.. but not 'sorry, regulars only'.. that's not a public place so. And defintely not every fourth person refused.. that's discrimination on the basis of meaningless labels applied arbitrarily to people, and not based on any facts about the person.

I think you're getting confused...

Just because the place is called a 'Public House' doesn't mean its a 'Public Place'. Its private premises and owners, managers and their representatives have the right to admit and refuse whoever they chose.

You also seem confused about discrimination...

Arbitrary and meaningless refusal by definition, can't be discriminatory. If there is no reason (meaning) for the refusal, on what grounds can the refused claim they were discriminated against...

:rolleyes:

Back