What a voice, pity about the dress and eyebrows!

Where did everyone get she is "ugly" from. People are going on like she is the hunchback of NotreDam or something. She is just not done up or glamorous. She has great skin for her age and lovely sparkling eyes.

Eye brows are easily plucked.

Personally, I think Amanda Holden is as plain as anything. She has just nothing nice or individual about her and looks just insipid.

In today's (London) Times:
A recording made ten years ago by the unlikely Britain’s Got Talent sensation Susan Boyle has been uncovered.

The sudden singing star’s spokeswoman confirmed this morning that an emotional recording of Cry Me A River which hit YouTube late last night is the 48-year-old Scot.

She reportedly covered the blues ballad for a charity album in 1999, partly funded by the tiny Whitburn Community Council in West Lothian, where she lives. Only 1,000 copies of the CD were pressed.

The surprisingly seductive recording for The Millennium Celebration compilation album drew another flood of tributes this morning, as Susan Boyle Mania continued a week after she was discovered on ITV’s Saturday-night talent show.

Had seen that, still find it hard to believe that its her fab voice in that song and she's 47 not 48 yet as she said herself unless, of course, her birthday was this week. IMHO not a very informed spokesperson.

Personally, I think Amanda Holden is as plain as anything. She has just nothing nice or individual about her and looks just insipid.

A porcelain doll comes to mind ........... so Purple have the box of band aids, a tweezers and the appropriate glue next to the tiffany lamp by the chaise.

Here is what Saturday's New York Times has got to say about face-lifted Amanda Holden.
Miss Boyle’s performance has been significant, too, in that it has unexpectedly provoked a debate about prejudice against the not so young and not so beautiful. The contradictions in the situation seem encapsulated by the fact that the third “Britain’s Got Talent” judge, Amanda Holden — who is lovely, 38, artfully put together and seemingly unable to move her face to register surprise — said that Miss Boyle should resist submitting to a Hollywood-style makeover.
“I won’t let Simon Cowell take her to his dentist, and I certainly won’t let her near his hairdresser,” she told The Daily Mirror. “The minute we turn her into a glamourpuss is when it’s spoilt.”

And the NY Times on Simon Cowell.
The recording industry executive "never had on my wish list" to be a television star. When he reluctantly agreed to judge a little talent show in England called "Pop Idol," it was just to protect his record label's interest in the winner. Today he still thinks of himself first as a businessman. That businessman is only too happy to collect millions for telling appallingly bad singers that they're rubbish; but his real goal remains something along the lines of worldwide control over musical and any other kind of talent you can think of.

My first knowledge of this was from seeing a clip on 'Larry King' on Saturday where I was wondering "how is this News?" in regard to it being an article on his programme, after all these shows occasionally unearth great talent. My reaction watching the clip was thinking how obnoxious the crowd were for the first 5-10 seconds after she came on, they were after all reacting to their own prejudices about conventional beauty and behaviour, she wasn't dressed as a Nazi or anything which may warrant such immediate dislike, their braying and hissing was totally unnecessary and crude. So basically the 'News' element in this story is we have prejudices about beauty and the media and when they are challenged we don't question the prejudice, but instead celebrate them while continuing to shake our heads collectively about how someone who is not thin, coiffed and perfectly groomed can possibly hold their heads high and publicly air their real and exceptional talents.

I'd sell one of the kids for a go on her :D

M'lord, as evidence in the most grave matter of the Mr. Purple V Mrs. Purple custody hearing, Mr. Purple lewdly commented on AAM that "I'd ....... ".

.... Case dismissed ... whack :D

I think she looked better a few years back in the show set in Birmingham in the 70's or thereabouts.

M'lord, as evidence in the most grave matter of the Mr. Purple V Mrs. Purple custody hearing, Mr. Purple lewdly commented on AAM that "I'd ....... ".

.... Case dismissed ... whack :D

I think she looked better a few years back in the show set in Birmingham in the 70's or thereabouts.

In the 70's she'd have been little more than a toddler!

Amanda Holden? pah..IMO you'll see dozens of women like her in nightclubs all the time. Too generic and yes, doll-like.

Now Holly Willoughby - that's a different matter. Why doesn't she get more TV? Too nice probably.

Back