UK State Pension - finding their online system difficult to navigate

Have you validated your identity w. biometric passport?
No Danny, thats as far as I'm getting...
Its asking for a UK Passport ????? How do I use my Irish one ?
Also it asks for my address but doesnt recognise Irish postcode ......

No Danny, thats as far as I'm getting...
Its asking for a UK Passport ????? How do I use my Irish one ?
Also it asks for my address but doesnt recognise Irish postcode ......
try again, you need to select international passport - there's some screen shots on the key post - take a look there.

I have got as far as scanning the front page of my passport (UK) which worked but then when I try to scan the biometric code nothing happens and I end up going back to square one! Anyone have similar issues?

I have got as far as scanning the front page of my passport (UK) which worked but then when I try to scan the biometric code nothing happens and I end up going back to square one! Anyone have similar issues?
if you have a cover on your phone, try removing it - also check your NFC settings.

Future 101, I had same issue but tried again the other day and sailed through it. Give it another go another day.
Still having the same issue. I sailed through my other half's one. It provided me the phone pin and asked me to enter my Fname, Name, DOB and then NI number - I have done all correctly over the past few days - I tried another spelling on my first name as it can be spelled two ways (even though my UK payslip had it correct) but just in case - am I right to think I will have to phone them as it sounds like a database issue??? Can I hope it should be straightforward as I have my NI number????

You don't have to register (see Key Post); it's a handy way to see what you have paid & what years still have to be bought back.

You can complete CF83 with all your details, keep a copy & send by recorded delivery.

It will take a while for them to get back to you; but thats ok as long as its submitted before July 2023

Last edited:
I have same problem get as far as passport but won't see chip , so cannot log on , was told that new system has problems which still need to be ironed out.

I have same problem get as far as passport but won't see chip , so cannot log on , was told that new system has problems which still need to be ironed out.
Lots of folk have registered in the last few days. Make sure you have NFC enabled & try removing cover from your phone.

Also make sure your passport is unopened. I was trying the biometric scan with the passport open. When it starts scanning it will actually show the progress with 5-6 bars progression and then it gets you to verify your identity and photo match using your phones camera. Pretty cool (if eerily somewhat George Orwell-ish!) system!

I know there is a long wait from the time the CF83 is submitted and it is processed, but should I expect it to show up as a submitted form in the Check Progress page on my Gov.uk account?

I know there is a long wait from the time the CF83 is submitted and it is processed, but should I expect it to show up as a submitted form in the Check Progress page on my Gov.uk account?
Yes, It should show date received and a status of "In Progress" - At least that's what mine is showing

As per my earlier post, I do see acknowledgment that my form has been received

Thanks folks, may I ask, how long did it take from posting it to it showing up on the system.

I posted mine by registered mail two weeks ago and its not showing up on the system yet.
On the An Post tracking the last update is Left Dublin Mail Centre on 20 April.

Lost?

Thanks folks, may I ask, how long did it take from posting it to it showing up on the system.

I posted mine by registered mail two weeks ago and its not showing up on the system yet.

Lost?
Yep, I'd be following that up with An Post now. Seems long overdue delivery. Mine arrived in about 4-5 days

Lost?

I sent mine in early March and it sat at the same status for about 3 weeks.
An Post said that it had left Ireland but was, most likely, being sorted in the UK. Its possible that Royal Mail have seperated all the applications and lumped them together for delivery purposes. Delivering them in large bundles every few weeks to HMRC.
Mine was eventually marked as " successfully delivered" 3 weeks after posting. Same day it showed up on the " Check Progress" option on the Gateway. So, don't worry too much

Last edited:

Lost?
Posted via registered mail on 15th March. An Post showed as delivered on 24th March and the Gov.uk portal showed receipt of the form on the same day.

Back