Turkey mayhem

Did anybody else think that the the presenter and other judges where rude to her? The Irish image decline's further in the eyes of the EU:(

Joejoe

Yes...I was particularly impressed when Ray called her the man from Stokes Kennedy Crowley

I've only heard about it but I'm looking forward to the Eurovision this year thanks to Dustin. Should spice it up. Incidentally apparently Dana made some remark about the length of a girls skirt and how high her heels were - what is the relevance of this?

Hey everybody! Loosen up. For years now the Eurovision has been like the music hall spectacles of old. Sooooo, I think the bould Dustin is in with a mega chance. Just had a gander at the odds and will be availing myself of the generous 10/1 by Hills after a few more expressos. Let's just hope that he doesn't fall foul of the strict bird-flu guidelines.

The Eurovision has long since lost any relevance to anything to do with music or talent (did it ever have any at all ?) Only seems relevant to the newer countries of Europe, who use it as a vehicle to let us all know they exist !

I bet most people can remember Lordi or Dana International. Can anyone remember last years winning song ?

The fact that we can put Dustin in the 'contest' in the same weekend an Irish song wins an Oscar just shows the range of Irish talent :D

I think that for those countries who do take the Eurovision seriously, our entry will be perceived as arrogant, snide and small minded.

Does nobody care about good manners any more?

If RTE want to send Dustin or Fr Dougal to Eurovision, let them off. My question is why on earth are they spending licence fee money on this rubbish?

I think that for those countries who do take the Eurovision seriously, our entry will be perceived as arrogant, snide and small minded.

Maybe, but I suppose we took our cue from the likes of Lordi and Dana International (winners) and a lot of similar 'novelty' acts who didn't win. The lyrics of Dustins entry (yes, i've read them, poor me :eek: ) are a sideswipe at previous 'novelty' acts.

Personally, I think we shouldn't bother entering at all.

Does nobody care about good manners any more?
We'll see where good manners comes into it if Kosovo tries to enter next year.

If Dustin doesn't win this year then I'm going to pitch my idea about a mini-musical set around a real autopsy performed by some cartoon character Islamic prophets to RTÉ.

The fact that we can put Dustin in the 'contest' in the same weekend an Irish song wins an Oscar just shows the range of Irish talent :D
I actually prefer Dustin's song to that dreadful dirge that won the Oscar. But I can easily live without either.

BRING BACK JOHNNY LOGAN I SAY!

Thinking of starting a campaign for next year......;)

The turkey cannot be any worse than last years traditional music type entry. We came last, do not forget. Go Dustin go. Let the foreigners laugh at us again.

Back