Turkey mayhem

eileen alana

Now that the good people of Ireland have selected Dustin to represent us in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think its the final nail in the coffin for a contest that's getting more ludicrous by the year. Whatever will out European neighbours think of us when they see this creature come on the stage and how on earth are they going to understand what's he's yelling about.

Last edited:
We should set up a Tribunal regarding this choice of entry!

Whatever will out European neighbours think of us when they see this creature come on the stage and how on earth are they going to understand what's he's yelling about.

Exactly what we think when we see what some of the other countries enter. If you can't beat 'em, join .em :D

Now that the good people of Ireland have selected Dustin to represent us in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think its the final nail in the coffin for a contest that's getting more ludicrous by the year. Whatever will out European neighbours think of us when they see this creature come on the stage and how on earth are they going to understand what's he's yelling about.

I take it you haven't been watching for the last few years - what about that brother and sister pair we sent that couldn't sing, or coming last? Did they not damage our 'eurovision reputation'?

Whatever will out European neighbours think of us when they see this creature come on the stage and how on earth are they going to understand what's he's yelling about.

Did you not see the dressed-up monsters from Finland who won the competition last year??

I think it was two years ago actually! anyhow does any one take this competition serouisly? all the songs last night were well below par, i think.

'Have people been watching the contest recently?' 'Isn't the contest full of people who can't sing?' Maybe - but at least they haven't nominated a turkey who was to be wheeled out in a shopping trolley....

Please some one tell me that he only won by a few feathers....this country is really losing it - may as well send the Mahon Tribunal to back him up!

Whats the worse that can happen? we come last (again1)
The worst that can happen---we win.Heard it on radio today and I think they are on to something-its daft enough to win.Somehow reminds me of We didnt start the fire by Billy Joel

We have sent enough turkeys before which did not win, this real turkey could do it,I really hope we win it ,come on Dustin do it for Ireland.

didnt see the programme but do anyone know how many votes it won by

looking forward to seeing the betting odds on this one for winning the eurovision

Dustin is favourite at 10/1 with william hill to win the eurovision.

Dustin should have a European tour first to endear them with his charm because he doesn't have the looks and can't sing.

didnt see the programme but do anyone know how many votes it won by

looking forward to seeing the betting odds on this one for winning the eurovision

According to this:
[broken link removed]

No actual numerical votes were announced but the singers were eliminated one by one starting with Marc Roberts, then Maya, Liam Geddes and Donal Skehan. This left Leona Daly and Dustin the Turkey. In a tense moment Dustin was announced the winner. A mixed reception of cheering and booing followed from the audience. Jury members were then invited to comment on the result, Dana said it was a "Foul decision" Louis Walsh admitted that he was not surprised, and Marija suggested he changed his name to the Duck!

I reckon the whole thing was a set-up:(

Back