Top 5 villans of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S.L.F

Started to think of the different heroes there have been then decided that they'd be nothing without even better bad guys.

Here's my 5

Norman 'Stan' Stansfield (Gary Oldman) in Leon
Alfred Bester (Walter Koenig of Star Trek fame) in Babylon 5
Mr. Zorg (Gary Oldman) in the Fifth element
Sgt. Obadiah Hakeswell (Pete Postlethwaite) in the Sharpe series
Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins) Red Dragon and subsequent books

Re: Top 5 villains of all time

Have to agree in particular on Sgt. Obadiah Hakeswell, he was one nasty piece of work.

Bill the Butcher (Daniel Day-Lewis) Gangs of New York
The Emperor (Ian McDiarmid) Return of the Jedi and Darth Vader (David Prowse & James Earl Jones) The Empire Strikes Back
HAL9000 (Douglas Rain) 2001: A Space Odyssey
Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) Die Hard and The Sheriff of Nottingham (also Alan Rickman) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Top five villains?

1. Irish Revenue
2. Irish Revenue
3. Government
4. Hannibal Lector
5. Irish Revenue

I don't have a top five but I have a soft spot for Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator (or anything else...:D)

GeneralZod has it pretty much bang on IMO - although slightly disappointed that he didn't pick General Zod himself.

Re: Top 5 villains of all time

ok, here's a few of my favourites: (not in any particular order)

Tony Soprano
"Say hello to my li'l friend" Mr Pacino in Scarface
Kaiser Souze - (Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects)
No. 4 TBA
No. 5 TBA

GeneralZod has it pretty much bang on IMO - although slightly disappointed that he didn't pick General Zod himself.

Zod's sense of decorum stopped him. An inhabitant of Planet Houston was sure to take care of that formality.

Should have put in my thread starter that these are fictional characters but since we have moved onto real people.

Ghengis Khan killed a tenth of the worlds population
Dr. Joseph Mengele (Nazi bad guy)
Pol Pot
Satan
Lenny Murphy leader of the Shankill Butchers

Jaws
SSSlippery Snake (Wanderly Wagon)
Travis Bickle
Darth Vader
Seargeant Barnes (Platoon)

I don't think I've ever seen (nor ever want to see again :eek: ) a fictional villain like Aaron the Moor in Julie Taymor's adaption on Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus.

He is evil incarnate - rape, murder and mutiliations are all in a day's work for this character.

In this scene he stands unrepentant on a makeshift gallows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI93had4LIE

Oh yeah thats right. Sneaky ! The trauma he caused me. Loved the hat though.

I got my niece the DVD, unfortunately she was going through the phase of watching stuff over and over at the time, luckily she's now moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back