This website is getting very quiet

Marion[/QUOTE]

I guess this is directed at me.

Well because I really don't think there is any difference between us at the end of the day. There are many people who post on AAM who would perhaps make far better moderators than me. But hey!, I'm installed. For life!

Until the revolution comes....:cool:

I think I am too soft.

A good slap every now and then might do us some good and who knows, some might like it.:eek:

Or maybe it's because that I don't want to appear too teacherly or something awful like that. ;)

Sending some posters (not myself of course) to stand against the wall or do a few lines (a la Bart Simpson) might be the makings of em!

Marion[/QUOTE]

Is this an existential question salaried? Like why (me), why (is life hard),or WHY (a cry of deep angst as in "oh why oh why..." ), or maybe why (are there always more red Smarties than yellow ones), or maybe why (is it hard to find a decent sausage)...

...there are so many why's as anyone who has a two year old well knows.:rolleyes:

I haven't posted since I was given 10 penalty points back in April, I believe "never" to be removed. I'm so upset I haven't even left the house because of the shame.

I haven't posted since I was given 10 penalty points back in April, I believe "never" to be removed. I'm so upset I haven't even left the house because of the shame.

What were you doing- posting while using your phone?

Or just posting without due care and attention?

I think that part of the reason why things are quieter now is that you can no longer see a list of the other AAM members who're logged onto the site. I was really disappointed when that was removed. I used to stay on the site and engage others who I knew were on here also.

Boards.ie held onto the facility. I'm sure there is a good reason why the facility was removed from AAM. I'd prefer if it was still there though.

I must say, I never saw the point of this myself as I prefer a clean site with no unnecessary information to distract you. But as a few people seem to like it, I have restored it.

I hear you. I got a similar admonishment at around the same time.

It's a bit like a mole on your face. It won't do you any harm but it's an everyday reminder - in my case of that fateful day when I made what I now know to have been a cheap, but not altogether humourless, quip about the presidential race.

Never again will I allow my morals to sink to such depths. My mole will guide me to higher ground where the air is pure.

I haven't posted in a while because the thistles have never been higher and the rain is oh so warm and soft....

Caveat knows what I'm talking about. Oh behave! ;)

I don't find the moderation here too heavy.
I've learnt a lot from the discipline of posting here.

Far more than from the draconian phalanx of moderators on boards.ie
I did wind them up after my first ban from the Construction Forum by posting in Haiku...

While I keep a weather eye on the Sites Planning Self-Builds and Extension Forum, I find a lot of my time is spent on Facebook these days.
Its more of a current affairs talking shop, but there is also an opportunity to meet people from 20- years and more back and renew acquaintance.

My time on Archiseek is much reduced particularly since after Christmas this year - career matters are being resolved in a different way.
Finally I also spend some time on LinkedIn, where I am a member of 30-odd groups trying to keep a handle on what's developing "out there."

Would I change AAM? I'd be wary of losing the air of quiet competence hereabouts.
I might suggest the ability to put Avatars on the posts, but its not a pressing matter.

ONQ.

Back