Things that impress you...

My 2 month old baby daughter. A miracle of natures engineering right down to the tiny hair on her equally tiny toes.

Even more impressed that we managed to have dinner in a nice restaurant tonight and she was smiley and happy all the way through....must have been thinking about the boob soup later! :)

People who child-mind for a living impress me greatly. A lot of responsibility for generally not a lot of dosh. A good one is worth their weight in gold!

My 2 month old baby daughter. A miracle of natures engineering right down to the tiny hair on her equally tiny toes.

Even more impressed that we managed to have dinner in a nice restaurant tonight and she was smiley and happy all the way through....must have been thinking about the boob soup later! :)

Well mannered, happy children:)

Morning people.
ie people who get up about an hour before they need to, to go jogging/empty dishwasher/sort out bills etc. When Im lying in bed hitting the snooze button for the fourth time and then running out the door without my glasses Im always very impressed by them!

I suppose the level of grumpiness on AAM is impressive - unsurprisingly, it looks like this thread has no chance of receiving anywhere near the amount of posts that the 'Things that annoy you' thread has!

Pretty impressed with myself this past 18 months putting up with a 4 hour daily commute.

Otherwise I admire my sister enormously for raising fantastic children and choosing that as a voaction over her career.

My 2 month old baby daughter... right down to the tiny hair on her equally tiny toes.

You gave birth to a hobbit :eek:

Sorry, couldn't help it. No doubt she's beautiful. :)

As another poster said, craftsmanship imresses me. Craftsmanship that comes from years of practice and training, and possibly personal sacrifice. It is in the detail that can be recognised by anybody, even those who know nothing about the particular craft or activity.

For example, you look at two pieces of woodwork, or two sets of ballroom dancers, or two stone walls and say one is better than the other. Sometimes it is just in all the little details, that show more thought, time or skill. And I have great admiration or respect for the person who took the time and effort to be that good.

Back