Things that impress you...

That's not my experience of Iarnrod Eireann.
They have enjoyed massive state investment over the last few years so the service is much better then it was but I would not rate their staff as friendly.
I use the trains in Britain, Germany. Holland and France and while Ireland is cheaper than most the service is nowhere near as good.

Anyway, I am pulling the thread off topic; apologies.

Anyway, I am pulling the thread off topic; apologies.

You mean there are actually threads here that stay on topic ! :)

my twopense worth......what impresses me...........CARERS each and every one of them. God bless them all.

The trains are punctual, the staff are pleasant and the journey takes half the time it would in a car. What are you frowning about?

Overcrowded carraiges, sour faces at the ticket kiosk and only if you get there you mean.....I thought you were being funny too!

Sometimes when I wake up after a massive session I have no hangover and this really impresses me. However more often Iwake up with a massive hangover and this annoys me. 2 threads into 1...

Well in my experience you will have overcrowded carriages on any mass transit system during peak/rush hour travel, have you ever been on the Underground in London or the Subway in New York? Infinitely more unpleasant than the DART. I travel Commuter line and DART 5 days a week, and in 10 months I’ve been late for work twice. That I find impressive. As for sour faces? Can’t say I’ve found any more than you would in any large organisation, try smiling and saying ‘Good Morning’, works for me ;-)

I take my hat off to the single [you meant to say lone didn't you?] parent, who manages to do it all by themselves and on one income.
Why thank you ... I'll take a bow so :)

1.) People who manage to smile when all around them are losing their minds. Granted some of these "smiling people" are idiots and oblivious to the problems but the people that impress me are the one's who realise the magnitude of the situation but deal with it with an air of calmness.

2.) People who are able to construct emails with correct spelling and grammer. An increasingly rare trait these days.

A woman I've come across whose three children have life-shortening conditions, 1 is also autistic. Yet she is so cheerful and positive you'd swear she'd just won the Lotto. Really makes me feel I have little or nothing to whine about.

the builders on the new thomand park, its all ready taking shape

i read miriam o'callaghans web chat on rte.ie, she sounds like a very impressive lady

Beautiful paintings impress me, especially Van Gogh, was blown away when I saw his paintings for real in Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. Also good graffitti in unexpected places....

Beautiful paintings impress me, especially Van Gogh, was blown away when I saw his paintings for real in Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. Also good graffitti in unexpected places....

Yeah I felt the same way on visiting Amsterdam when I saw how realisticly he painted the hands of the toilng peasants. Hes my favorite painter :)

Back