Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand seeing young men walking around the steets with their jeans hanging half way down their bum,

Earlier this year we were on holiday and visiting a water park. In one of the queues, I was amused at the sight of some teenage lads adopting this look when queueing for a water slide - board shorts positioned half way down their bum, over underwear. At the end of the slide, they re-adjusted the look with damp board shorts repositioned over damp underwear.

In their eyes, they looked well, in my eyes they were fashion victims.

I can't stand seeing young men walking around the steets with their jeans hanging half way down their bum

I am told this is known as "prison chic."

Speaking of nuts, I absolutely detest t-shirts (worn usually by young men) with very lewd comments on them. There is a shop in the Ilac centre, right by the ground floor lifts, that always has them on display. I try my hardest not to look. Every time I read them, I get furious with myself for having read them, because they are invariably crass and misogynistic.

I am told this is known as "prison chic."

Speaking of nuts, I absolutely detest t-shirts (worn usually by young men) with very lewd comments on them. There is a shop in the Ilac centre, right by the ground floor lifts, that always has them on display. I try my hardest not to look. Every time I read them, I get furious with myself for having read them, because they are invariably crass and misogynistic.

Ah yes...I remember my favourite one from the T-shirt place in Stephen's Green shopping centre "I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a look" :D

The stay-back-I'm-a-parent brigade such as the mother I saw this morning with the back of her car emblazoned with Baby On Board stickers etc. Was behind her on and off for about 15 mins this morning while she sped, drifted in and out of the bus lane to undertake cars, didn't indicate once even when making a turn and spent much of her time leaning on the brakes as she was driving too close to cars in front. All completely unnecessary as we all caught up with her again each time at the next red light.

Maybe she should put her Baby On Board stickers on the dashboard so she can remind herself that she has a child in the back seat.

I hate baby on board stickers/signs. Do the drivers of these cars think other motorists will drive into them if they don’t have them?

Aggressive middle aged man in 4X4; “There’s a smaller car than mine, mmhahaha, I shall ram it!”... “Oh no, a Baby on Board sticker, foiled again!”

I hate baby on board stickers/signs. Do the drivers of these cars think other motorists will drive into them if they don’t have them?

There's anecdotal evidence the emergency services will attend to a baby-on-board car first

The stay-back-I'm-a-parent brigade such as the mother I saw this morning with the back of her car emblazoned with Baby On Board stickers etc. Was behind her on and off for about 15 mins this morning while she sped, drifted in and out of the bus lane to undertake cars, didn't indicate once even when making a turn and spent much of her time leaning on the brakes as she was driving too close to cars in front. All completely unnecessary as we all caught up with her again each time at the next red light.

Maybe she should put her Baby On Board stickers on the dashboard so she can remind herself that she has a child in the back seat.

I can't stand any type of self entitled parent. The ones who expect everyone else in work to constantly bend over backwards to accommodate their domestic schedule; who sit in restaurants with their crying baby ruining everyone else's meal; who think P&T spaces in the supermarket are sacrosanct and as important as disabled spaces; who bang on about their kids all the time etc.

Most parents do none of the above. But the ones who do drive me nuts!

There's anecdotal evidence the emergency services will attend to a baby-on-board car first

In that case, parents should ensure they only have the sticker in the window when the baby is actually 'on board', and not leave it there permanently.

In that case, parents should ensure they only have the sticker in the window when the baby is actually 'on board', and not leave it there permanently.

Well it would be important for a child's parent to be saved too, wouldn't it?

People who when stuck in traffic use the bus lane and then worse again idiots who are stuck in traffic letting them back into the flow again when a cop is spotted some distance ahead.

Well it would be important for a child's parent to be saved too, wouldn't it?

I was talking about the fact that cars with a baby on board sticker get dealt with first by the emergency services presumably to get to the baby quickly.

Why would the child's parents be entitled to priority treatment over all other injured people?

Celebrities who moan about the abuse they get on twitter saying how much it hurts but don't close their account.

green white and gold

Why do Irish football fans say this :confused:

Because orange is the only word in the English language which has no other word which rhymes with it

How are you supposed to write a catchy republican tune if you can't even rhyme one of the important words

"For the green, white and orange
fought the brave and the ....."

See what I mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back