Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law breaking cyclists ignoring red lights and skimming pedestrians as they attempt to cross the road

Law breaking cyclists ploughing along the footpath

Gardai ignoring law breaking cyclists

All day drug dealing at the Luas on Abbey St and Jervis St

Ticket checks by Luas staff who ignore free riding junkies on the Luas even when you point it out to them.

Charity muggers (chuggers)

Liar politicians breaking their pre-election pledges

Overpaid civil servants who are unable to count!

Don't get me started......:rolleyes:

The gardai annoy me so much. They're not prepared to do their job anymore. They're on a work to rule, if you ask me

Yeah, it's not as if those 'Breathing Apparatus' things are a matter of life and death or anything.

Well, I'm not sure that the issue relates to the course or whose giving it. It's seems more to do with the assessment. Irish Times today:

"At the centre of the dispute is the introduction of an assessment system, which evaluates the participation of fire officers in the breathing apparatus refresher course. John Kidd, general secretary of the Irish Fire and Emergency Services Association, which claims to represent 24 of the 57 fire officers in Roscommon, said the assessment had been introduced without any consultation and could see members of long standing being removed from the service.

Labour Senator John Kelly, a former member of Roscommon County Council, said the fear among firefighters was that the assessment could be used to “settle some long-running human resources issues”.

People who don't tell their kids to stand up to let an elderly person sit down on the bus. I was on the Luas recently and a young couple and their two kids were taking up four seats while my seventy five year old mother stood.

Ah would you not have stood up yourself and let her sit down?

I'm joking of course.

Really fat children. Theres 2 siblings near me (id say 8 and 6 years old) and they look like theyre ready to have strokes. Ive seen the parents, they are monstrously obese also. Disgusting to inflict that on children.

People who tell you 'ah shure its grand, he likes to play guard dog, he wouldnt harm you at all' when their unleashed dog is snarling, growling and snapping the ankles off you.

People who walk around in the gym changing room with no flip flops on. Just makes me crawly.

Well, I'm not sure that the issue relates to the course or whose giving it. It's seems more to do with the assessment. Irish Times today:

"At the centre of the dispute is the introduction of an assessment system, which evaluates the participation of fire officers in the breathing apparatus refresher course. John Kidd, general secretary of the Irish Fire and Emergency Services Association, which claims to represent 24 of the 57 fire officers in Roscommon, said the assessment had been introduced without any consultation and could see members of long standing being removed from the service.

Labour Senator John Kelly, a former member of Roscommon County Council, said the fear among firefighters was that the assessment could be used to “settle some long-running human resources issues”.

As I understand it, the issue is about non-operational officers carrying out training and assessments on operational staff.

Back to the main topic, I get so mad at those ignorant people who insist on barging their way onto the Luas without waiting for passengers trying to get off. At busy times, this creates a big mess that is easily avoided with a few seconds patience. Give me a couple of hours and a taser and I'll put manners on them.

As I understand it the firefighters issue is about the assessment.

[broken link removed]

At the centre of the dispute is the introduction of an assessment system, which evaluates the participation of fire officers in the breathing apparatus refresher course. John Kidd, general secretary of the Irish Fire and Emergency Services Association, which claims to represent 24 of the 57 fire officers in Roscommon, said the assessment had been introduced without any consultation and could see members of long standing being removed from the service.

Nothing that, a few bob / a day off in lieu/ no one to be suspended if they dont manage to actually pass the course /no one to be sacked.etc.. wont sort out ;)

Ill bet good money,that there is very little chance of this assesment going ahead without some form of "Compo"..Call me a cynic:D And please prove me wrong..

Ill eat my hat ,if this goes ahead without some concession for them..perhaps they are right ..If anyone deserves the best pay/conditions,it has to be them..

Oh and back to the main issue,Things that drive me nuts..those who defend the indefensible, and ignorance..

Last edited:
Drivers who, when they are approaching you in the dark, leave it until 2secs after they have blinded you to dip their main beams.

You approach each other. It may be a bend and you can't physically see each other, but you can see the lights around the corner. You know there is a car about to come round. You dip your beams, civil like. He keeps his on for an extra couple of secs (for reasons unknown) and then for the next 100 yards you can see properly cos you're still suffering.

Idiots.

Drivers who are first in the queue who wait for the lights to go green before beginning to select first gear and release the handbrake. First in the queue carries a responsibilty to be ready to take off like a bat out of hell!

Cashiers in the supermarkets carrying out a conversation between their respective tills while you are paying for your groceries. (And also customers talking on mobile phones while paying cashiers!)

Crap music - ie the entire pool of 'talent' that comes out of reality TV.

Stop/Go lights on roadworks that have a ridiculously long overlap. Two queues of traffic sitting opposite eachother waiting for one or other set of lights to turn green.

The new 'funny' intro to every match on the Premiership.

Michael McGrath.

Clothing collection flyers.

People who think Michael O'Leary would sort out the mess this country is in.

Vodafone broadband, down since last night, still no explanation or admission of a fault on their side.

The guys in Tesco Stillorgan that work in the vegetable department that drop the boxes of vegetables on the floor behind you with a loud "bang", rather than just place them gently on the floor.
Barmen that throw the empty bottles in to the "bath" thing behind the counter and make a huge crashing sound.
The awful noise that staff make in coffee shops when they are banging cutlery and plates about the place or walloping the coffee grind holder thingy to empty it.

Yup. For me it's noise.

Drivers who, when they are approaching you in the dark, leave it until 2secs after they have blinded you to dip their main beams.

Yes, that's a biggie alright. They're usually the morons who put the lights back on to full beam again 2 seconds before they've passed you as well.

I'm learning some great tips here for annoying people!
Keep them coming :D

Craig Doyle - on radio, on TV everywhere - the male equivalent of Seoige - if there's a whiff of a new show then he's got the gig!

Garda who can disobey the law, for example, park half up the curb over the double yellow lines
Drivers who keep touching their brakes when something comes the other way or on a slight corner
Kids next door who make screaming siren noised every time they are riding their tractors

wife leaves sitting room and kitchen doors open and whatever noise she makes disturbs my reading or tv viewing!

wife hoovers sitting room while I am watching TV!

wife forgets to switch off light in spare bedroom!

wife watches Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Eastenders, Hollyoaks!

wife uses my laptop for facebook!

wife uses my laptop while looking at TV soaps, like what am I supposed to look at!

2 year old kid next door only seems to shriek/cry not talk.

other neighbours driving untaxed car for about 4 years.

Trappatoni's laughable press conferences.

Tesco checkout operators chatting to each other while checking my purchases out.

Smokers outside the main door of St. James hospital Dublin.

Cars with only one working headlight.

Cars driven with foglights on when there is no fog.

Vehicles breaking red lights.

Drivers on mobile phones when executing turns.

Drivers who don't park between the white lines in car parks.

People who sit in your reserved cinema seat.

RTE's endless repeats.

Waiting til almost 12 midnight for a review of tomorrows papers on Vincent Browne and then the credits roll.

Hotel checkins longer than ten minutes.

Hotel dinners of tiny size.

Can't buy alcohol in a supermarket Sunday morning.

Croke Park Agreement.

How Revenue Commissioners can authorise a 3.5k tax free laundry payment for politicians.

the very concept of Child Benefit.

UPC customer service.

relative who moans about finances, yet has a mortgage repayment of about 400 per month!

Bank takes 1 month to pass on ECB rate increase and 2 months to implement an ECB rate decrease.

Kids who kick the back of your seat on an aeroplane.

Kids who kick the back of your seat on an aeroplane.

+1

Plus:

People who recline their seats. I realise that there is a bit of a domino effect in this. But it would be great if nobody started.

Plus:

I dislike being treated like "mammy" at work. I really do not want to store your PPS number. You're an adult. Please store it on your mobile. Thanks.

Marion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back