Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next door neighbour who lets her bin lids "slap" against the side of her bin most mornings before 7 a.m. Then proceeds to fill her bin with one item of rubbish at a time. Opening and closing as she goes....

Seoige now has some new crap show which will no doubt be a masterclass in stating the obvious!

There must be some shortage of TV presenters.
She is covering some range of shows with RTE. Crime, Sport, Interview shows, Light entertainment.

The fire-fighters in Roscommon prepared to go on strike over a training course. This is nothing short of ridiculous.

Yeah, it's not as if those 'Breathing Apparatus' things are a matter of life and death or anything.

the fact that this country is broke and places like Roscommon have 4 Chief Fire Officers on big salaries (78-95k) (and God knows how many assistant CFO's on salaries just below those scales)
Greater London has 1 CFO and 6 assistant CFO's in total!!!

Now that drives me nuts!

"Parking" on yellow boxes.

More annoying again is people parking in allotted disabled spots when they aren't disabled. They should be clamped but I've never seen this happen.

Saw one lady arguing at length with member of staff in supermarket car park who asked her to move her car because she wasn't disabled. No way would she move.

the fact that this country is broke and places like Roscommon have 4 Chief Fire Officers on big salaries (78-95k) (and God knows how many assistant CFO's on salaries just below those scales)
Greater London has 1 CFO and 6 assistant CFO's in total!!!

Now that drives me nuts!

Roscommon has one Chief Fire Officer and 3 Assistant Chiefs, but don't let the facts get in the way of your good story.

[broken link removed]

Having said that, there is certainly an opportunity for rationalisation of management structures in the Fire Services, and some other local services, such as libraries.

Roscommon has one Chief Fire Officer and 3 Assistant Chiefs, but don't let the facts get in the way of your good story.

[broken link removed]

Having said that, there is certainly an opportunity for rationalisation of management structures in the Fire Services, and some other local services, such as libraries.

was only quoting the esteemed Roscommon member of parliament, Mr Luke Flanagan, who came out with the gem the other night on radio.

Politicians making up stories...that drives me nuts!!!

My next door neighbour who lets her bin lids "slap" against the side of her bin most mornings before 7 a.m. Then proceeds to fill her bin with one item of rubbish at a time. Opening and closing as she goes....

Some people live by the adage - If I'm up, then everyone else needs to be up too. I'd love to hire a brass band to play under their bedroom window to get them back

[broken link removed]

As a comparison, Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) has 1 Chief Fire Officer, and 6 Assistant Chief Officers (will confirm an exact number shortly). DFB also provide an emergency ambulance service with all fire officers being fully trained paramedics, whereas London Fire Service and Roscommon do not provide any ambulance cover. Roscommon has the support of the HSE and London has its own independant ambulance service.

Last edited:
Cars using the bus lanes.

TDs usiing bus lanes.
In fact the whole attitude of TDs - that somehow they are 'entitled' to unvouched expenses, massive pensions and all the other perks they get.

It's TDs that got us into this mess, so if anything they should be made to suffer.
And they are not better than us!

TDs usiing bus lanes.
In fact the whole attitude of TDs - that somehow they are 'entitled' to unvouched expenses, massive pensions and all the other perks they get.

It's TDs that got us into this mess, so if anything they should be made to suffer.
And they are not better than us!

TD's are not allowed use Bus Lanes. Ministers are though.

The fire-fighters in Roscommon prepared to go on strike over a training course. This is nothing short of ridiculous.

The fire officers (fire fighters) in Roscommon have been suspended over their failure to attend a breathing apparatus (BA) training course. This course was to be given by "office staff" who have no formal training or experience in the use of BA. This is a crazy situation that places fire officers in danger of being trained by unqualified staff and should not be accepted. They should be commended for their protest.

People who drive at night, at speed, in the pouring rain with one light working in their car.
People who drive at night, at a snails pace, in the pouring rain with no rear lights working (and yes, I did have a crap journey home last night)
People with big/fast cars who can't park them and think they can drive to the Audi rules of the road, and sod the rest of us in our little cars
radio presenters who spend half the show reading txt messages
Irish commedians who think if they swear a lot, it might cover up the fact that they have little or no talent
Person who didn't pick up their dog's poop right outside my front gate last night
National Geographic for posting me a reminder every month for the last 6 months to renew my subscription which isn't out until Jan next year. Very enviromentally friendly.

More annoying again is people parking in allotted disabled spots when they aren't disabled. They should be clamped but I've never seen this happen.

Saw one lady arguing at length with member of staff in supermarket car park who asked her to move her car because she wasn't disabled. No way would she move.
in fairness she dosen't have to be disabled, once she has the sticker on her windscreen she can park.

The fire officers (fire fighters) in Roscommon have been suspended over their failure to attend a breathing apparatus (BA) training course. This course was to be given by "office staff" who have no formal training or experience in the use of BA. This is a crazy situation that places fire officers in danger of being trained by unqualified staff and should not be accepted. They should be commended for their protest.
Ah Ronan, facts don't matter when there's an opportunity for a rant about the public service.

:)

Back to parking......

People who park on the pavement/corner/double parked when dropping their kids off at school. So long as their little darling gets the shortest walk sod the rest of the children who have to step onto the road to get past them. Never mind that other drivers can't see past their dangerously parked cars when trying to get out of the car park in rush hour.

People who post smug comments on social network sites. Okay, so you donated to charity/helped an old lady across the road/picked dog poop up after your little precious did his business, you don't need to tell us all how wonderful you are for doing it.

People who sit on the bench under the shelter at bus stops smoking away so that older/pregnant people have a choice of standing until the bus comes or breathing in second hand smoke. If its a rainy day everyone has a choice of getting soaked or breathing in second hand smoke.

People who don't tell their kids to stand up to let an elderly person sit down on the bus. I was on the Luas recently and a young couple and their two kids were taking up four seats while my seventy five year old mother stood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back