Things that annoy you

What really annoy's me is if the wife has gone to the shops and I really need something ,so I ring her mobile but I hear it ringing somewhere in the house.annoying,

My brother used to page my mother in Dunnes when this happened :eek:

'If there is a Mrs Murphy shopping in the store can she please contact customer service for a phone call'

My poor mother would then leg it to the counter, sure that one of us had been in an accident and he'd say 'can you bring us home some chocolate' :eek:

Another thing that annoys me is when the hand dryers in public toilets are installed too high up.
When you raise your hands to dry them, all the water trickles down your arms, up your sleeves, under your watch strap etc.
The dryers are obviously installed by someone tall, who doesnt use common sense and realise that most women aren't 6 feet tall.

Kids in pubs. usually on hols with their parents. Tearing about the place, screaming, getting under your feet. Is there really nowhere else you can take them in the evenings?

Landlords who ignore the "no kids in pubs after 9pm" rule.

Low-spec cars - the ones that come with no indicators, one headlight, no wing or rear mirrors, no speedo, randomly activated horn.

The fact that no matter how preposterous the idea or situation, someone will defend it. "In fairness now....."

The hordes who travel to English soccer matches, passing their local stadium on the way. ie The Donegal lads interviewed by Sky Sports outside Anfield yesterday - "it's great Carragher has retired from Internationals"..."I'm not bothered it hurts England, I don't care about them, I'm Irish" duh....where have you just gone to support a team?

Surly, uninterested retail staff.

People who try to sound Home Counties English.

People who buy 4x4's and have no idea how to park them, and could care less.

Racial intolerance.

Unfriendly neighbours.

The people who visit my local beach & leave all their rubbish behind.

plus many more
plus many of the above.........

TV stations cranking up the volume a few decibels for the advertisements.

RTE not always starting the 9PM news at 9PM.

Surly shop assistants.

People that scratch cars.

Newspapers being thin on a Monday but the same price.

Fog lights on when it isn't foggy because their owners think it looks cool and misaligned dipped head lights.

Websites that use the IIS web server because they generally break on the weekend due to a memory leak when no one is around to power cycle the PC and they can't remote desktop in.

Food not staying fresh, bananas and salad in particular.

New housing developments with "pricing on application".

That it's sunnier on the north side of the Liffey quays.

Every year school leavers get higher marks.

General Zod I thought that there was something wrong with my tv when it got louder at the ads! i never realised it was done on purpose? are you pulling my leg?

The whole thing can be summed up in one word: PEOPLE
Everything wrong or annoying with this world is due to people.

Mobile text message jokes.
We're losing a social skill here. People will actually hand you their moblie phone (after much scrolling and "no, wait .... no.. not that ... THERE ..-now, read that !!)
It would be easier just to TELL IT !!!!

Dull people. If you have opinions don’t be afraid to share them, if you cause offence that's a bonus!

Men who wear wigs, I mean, who do they think they are kidding (and yes, I am going bald)
People with false legs, I mean, who do they think they are… oh no, that’s not funny, forget about that one!

I hate those 3 wheeler buggys, guaranteed to chip large pieces off your ankles. I've never seen a happy child in one, or a happy mum pushing one, as they are so awkward to push, who designed them, why are they everywhere, they are awkward and ugly, they put me in a bad mood just looking at them.

Toilets in Irish pubs and restaurants.

Is there a directive in the hospitality industry that says "All toilets must be manky dirty, never have hot running water (from the hot tap !) and should never have properly flushing cisterns" ?

If so, Irish pubs and restaurants are certainly sticking (pun intended :D ) to the letter of the law !!

I hate those 3 wheeler buggys, guaranteed to chip large pieces off your ankles. I've never seen a happy child in one, or a happy mum pushing one, as they are so awkward to push, who designed them, why are they everywhere, they are awkward and ugly, they put me in a bad mood just looking at them.

Now that's just grumpiness!!:)

I have a big f-off three wheeler Phil & Teds (which goes nicely with the wife's big f-off 4x4 Land Rover) with two kids in it and the whole family love it. The kids won't get out of it 'cause it's so comfy and I love basing people on the shins as I stride through the crowds in Dundrum Shopping Centre - In fairness the thing is bright red - how can you not see me coming? Is my pink Lacoste shirt blinding you or something?

People (women mainly) who use buggies as a means to stop traffic as they try to cross the road. That's right luv, shove the toddler out in front of the car, that's safe !!!

Irish people who have a poker up their a$$ about other Irish people supporting Liverpool, ManU, etc "when there's a perfectly good team just down the road from you who'd appreciate the money". Take a hike ! I'll travel to see Stockport County if I want rather than Athlone Town.

The "Croker is for Dubs" brigade who treat other teams fans with disdain because they happen to reside in the same place as GAA HQ.

The "Croker is for GAA and GAA ONLY (well, non-brit games anyway)" Brigade. Shove that idea where the sun don't shine. Taxpayers money went into that place for long enough that it's a pseudo-state enterprise anyway.

Boy (and Girl) racers who try to race me at every straight stretch of road. A Starlet Turbo is still a Starlet and you will be vacuumed off the road if you crash at your usual speeds !!! Stay away from me and don't clip me on your way to armageddon!!

Conservative, Right-Wing policies winning out over sensible modern ideas.

The PC Brigade !!! 'Black' is a colour, it's descriptive, not racist.

I could go on but I'd better not....

Irish people who have a poker up their a$$ about other Irish people supporting Liverpool, ManU, etc "when there's a perfectly good team just down the road from you who'd appreciate the money". Take a hike ! I'll travel to see Stockport County if I want rather than Athlone Town.

Couldn't agree more, I was just about to say the same thing, but you have expressed it alot better than I would have.

Now that's just grumpiness!!:)

I have a big f-off three wheeler Phil & Teds (which goes nicely with the wife's big f-off 4x4 Land Rover) with two kids in it and the whole family love it. The kids won't get out of it 'cause it's so comfy and I love basing people on the shins as I stride through the crowds in Dundrum Shopping Centre - In fairness the thing is bright red - how can you not see me coming? Is my pink Lacoste shirt blinding you or something?

Next time I'm in Dundrum, I'll make sure to wear my f-off shin guards.
Oh and next time your there, buy a red lacoste shirt to match the buggy;)

Another thing that annoys me is when the hand dryers in public toilets are installed too high up.
When you raise your hands to dry them, all the water trickles down your arms, up your sleeves, under your watch strap etc.
The dryers are obviously installed by someone tall, who doesnt use common sense and realise that most women aren't 6 feet tall.

There are regulatory heights take into account average height and such, maybe your just smaller that average?

Jaid

Originally Posted by ragazza http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=471960#post471960

There are regulatory heights take into account average height and such, maybe your just smaller that average?
Jaid

I'm 5 feet 4 1/2 inches (that 1/2 is very important!), and in heels would be 5 feet 7''. Thats definitely not smaller than average for a woman.
Still, very very frequently I come across hand dryers that are in line with the top of my head, so I have to raise my hands to get them dry.

Another similar thing which annoys me is in hotels, where the shower nozzle is 6 feet off the ground, and you have to stand on tip-toe to reach it, or when the mirror is too high, and you can only see the top half of your face. Obviously if regulations exist, they are not always taken into account.

Back