Things that annoy you

Self service tills at the supermarket...
- "place item on belt" (I put the item on belt, belt shoots off...)
- "unexpected weight, remove item" (run down the end, grab item)
- "place item on belt" (I put the item back on the belt)
- "place item on belt" (I pick it up and put it back down again)
- "unexpected weight, remove item" (I pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down...)
- "wait for store assistance, wait for store assistance, wait for store assistance..." (Aaaaaaah!!!)

Self service tills at the supermarket...
- "place item on belt" (I put the item on belt, belt shoots off...)
- "unexpected weight, remove item" (run down the end, grab item)
- "place item on belt" (I put the item back on the belt)
- "place item on belt" (I pick it up and put it back down again)
- "unexpected weight, remove item" (I pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down...)
- "wait for store assistance, wait for store assistance, wait for store assistance..." (Aaaaaaah!!!)

You're not meant to sit onto them yourself - easier to buy a bathroom scales :D

The woman across the road who drives a Peugot 406 and thought it was okay tonight to squeeze into the space beside me and then bash her doors against the side of my car whilst getting out!!!

Why do women (yes women!!!) think this is an okay thing to do to someones car???

:(

Can't see I've met a checkout operator yet that has not been able to speak English sufficiently and many of them are more pleasant and efficient than alot of their Irish colleagues.

I obviously sent a wrong impression as to the situ I meant.

A particular German supermarket in my area where there can be 2/3 checkouts open and the operators and customers are conversing between themselves in a language that we don't understand so are we not at a disadvantage because most of them speak reasonably good english too.

I have no complaints about their service and find them very pleasent on a one to one basis.

Things that annony me ... I have waited a long time for this thread :)

11) the civil service, usually not very civil in my opinion and about as productive as a gay bull in a cowbarn

Brendan Behan was spot on when he described as the civil service as
" Hatches, Hitches and Bitches "

I'm beginning to think that this thread is part of a psychological survey. Around the same time that this thread was launched, there was another thread also launched ie "the most uplifting songs ever" ... so in a measure of things that annoy people v's making them feel better, there is more than double the things that annoy than uplift people..... good luck with the theseis bud!

Dubliners who refer to anyone living outside the boundaries of their county as culchies, or living down the country, as if Dublin was the centre of the universe, that they are somehow superior to anywhere else in Ireland!

Dubliners who refer to anyone living outside the boundaries of their county as culchies, or living down the country, as if Dublin was the centre of the universe, that they are somehow superior to anywhere else in Ireland!

People from outside Dublin with their inferiority complexes and paranoia

dublin people who say there phone number with out the 01 as if they expect me to know they are from dublin

People from outside Dublin with their inferiority complexes and paranoia

You should be more specific, the rest of the world is outside Dublin, you should have said "people from down the country". :D

Annoy is probably too strong a word, maybe dislike . . queues, fools, political correctness, our joke justice system, our wasteful and short-sighted, if not corrupt, political leaders.

our joke justice system
Speaking of which - Gardaí arrested two teenagers today when they found one drinking battery acid and the other eating fireworks. They charged one but let the other one off.

(c) Tommy Cooper

When we all know the opposite is true ;)

OK.. in your best inner city Dublin accent ..singing ...."Awnly da crumbliest flake is McFlurrey.....tastes like mcflurrey nevaw tasded be foaur"

Back