The Number of the Beast

BillK

I'm posting this just to get my total to 667 - not that I'm superstitious of course!

It still says it's 666 because The Depths doesn't count! Any non-serious post outside would have to be deleted keeping it at 666. :D

He's probably being chased down the street by people with torches, pitch forks and other farm equipment.

I think he was quoted as saying it was

"reflections of my warped mind staring back at me"

Just back from an all day session with our parish priest; he reckons that the sharp protrubences on my head are nothing to worry about. I didn't dare ask him about what appears to be a tail growing....

Are people calling you a horny devil? :D

How mad would it be, if you were to stay at 666 FOREVER. If I were a mod I see to it that you did :p

Congratulations, Bill. If you'd like, we could change your title from 'Frequent Poster' to 'Prince of Darkness' or something catchy like that? ;)

I was on a flight two years ago and the flight number was something like IRL666 - can't remember the letters but the 3 numbers were 666. And I parked in some car park in Dublin one time, reversed in, got out and checked to remember where i'd parked - 666!
Thats true!

i once was having a particularly bad day, everything went wrong, due to bad timing, bad luck, wrong place at the right time kind of thing, and on the same day , i ran out of petrol, when i got one of those petrol canister thingys, it would only take 6euors and 66 cents...drove home(very carefully) with that amount, but made it home safe!!! All this landed on a friday the 13th haha!! not superstitous tho, just found it amusing!! :D

“Woe to you O earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number of the Beast, for it is a human number. Its number is six-hundred and sixty-six.”

Organised Religion is the root of all evil.

“Woe to you O earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number of the Beast, for it is a human number. Its number is six-hundred and sixty-six.”

....Chugga-chugga-chugga - chunk a chunk a chunk

(Elefantfresh & Betsy Og will get it anyway ;))

Organised Religion is the root of all evil.

Now I'm singing Iron Maiden songs to myself!

for the record, & from memory, the full lyrics are:

Woe to you ..... (as below, quote from revelations)

I lived alone
my mind was blank (no sniggering down the back !! :D)
I needed time to think to get those memories from my mind
What did I see, could I believe?, that what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy
Just what I saw, in my own dreams, were they reflections of my warped mind staring back at me
Cos in my dreams, its always there, the evil crazes (??) then twists my mind, brings me to despair (long scream)

Night was black was no use turing back cos I just had to see was someone watching me
in the mist dark figures move and twist, was this for real or just some kind of hell?

chorus:
666, The Number of the Beast
Hell and fire, were born to be released

torches blazed and sacred chants were phrased as they stopped to cry, hands held to the sky
in the night the fires were burning bright, the ritual had begun, satans work is done

666, The Number of the Beast
sacrifice is going on tonight

I'm coming back, I will return
and I'll posess your body and I'll make you burn (at concerts this becomes "I'm gonna make sure you burn, you f***** burn")
I have the fire, I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take its course

For the record they've said loadza time they are not into devil worship etc and the song was inspired by The Omen 2. If you're a Maiden .. err... geek.. then the song if often known simply as NOTB. A more clever one is 11.58 (2 minutes to midnight). And believe me there are worse cringe moments than Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter but sure you've to take the great with the bad.

Back