The boys in green

The Irish team is in the driving seat in their Group. I'll take that any day over the usual small mathematical chance of qualifying or depending on results from elsewhere by other Irish teams. It's in their own hands (bottom line) at least at this point. I don't care who Ireland meet if they qualify from the Group. One thing is certain that opposition doesn't want to meet Ireland. I don't care how Ireland eke out wins and I hope they keep on winning.

Special thanks to the boys of CBC Monkstown who in their hotel explained the trials and tribulations of Jackals, Cleaners and support-of-your-own-body-weight, entering-at-the-side, 50/22's, Lifters, Grifters, Holding On, Not Releasing etc to us GAA heathens in their Cork hotel in what was the wettest weekend of the century. Nice to see teenagers passing on sporting knowledge to us "in our mid life - well later life!"

Last edited:
The Irish team is in the driving seat in their Group. I'll take that any day over the usual small mathematical chance of qualifying or depending on results from elsewhere by other Irish teams. It's in their own hands (bottom line) at least at this point. I don't care who Ireland meet if they qualify from the Group. One thing is certain that opposition doesn't want to meet Ireland. I don't care how Ireland eke out wins and I hope they keep on winning.

Special thanks to the boys of CBC Monkstown who in their hotel explained the trials and tribulations of Jackals, Cleaners and support-of-your-own-body-weight, entering-at-the-side, 50/22's, Lifters, Grifters, Holding On, Not Releasing etc to us GAA heathens in their Cork hotel in what was the wettest weekend of the century. Nice to see teenagers passing on sporting knowledge to us "in our mid life - well later life!"
I agree. Ireland are in the driving seat in their group. They had a tough game against SA but came through. Next week, regardless of this week's results, Ireland face another tough test against the Scots . They will win that game like they have won all three games up to now. No need for ifs , but's or maybe's . Why depend on others to decide our fate ..

The Scotland match is knock out, lose and the chances of us going through are very slim unless we get a bonus point and even then, we could be out.
Betfair have reduced the odds of Ireland going out this evening from 22 to 15.
Scotland need to win by more than 7 points. Not impossible. Squeaky rear end time :oops:

Bring on the next stepping stone to the final........oh that's right it's the All Blacks ......bring it on .

As a non rugby fan I thought the SA game was exciting but boredom was beginning to set in before the punch-up last night. I thought rugby was strict on that sort of thing but no sanction for pushing a player over the hoarding, odd.

Losing James Ryan and possibly our first choice wings is a major concern.
Scotland are a good team and we made them look very average.

What are the odds for the New Zealand game?
1696850673137.png
Interpretation:
Ireland are "home" side (1). Blue means you can bet at those odds; Pink means you can lay at those odds
1.84 outright win means .84/1 odds (54.3% chance). When you allow for the draw that's about 55% chance of proceeding to SF i.e. favourite but only just.
It is the toughest of the 4 QFs

Last edited:
Ireland were lucky against SA imho.
I reckon SA will beat France so we will have a rematch if we overcome all blacks. I might bet on all blacks so I have some consolation if we lose to them.

I reckon SA will beat France so we will have a rematch if we overcome all blacks. I might bet on all blacks so I have some consolation if we lose to them.
Remember that SA scored a Try from one of their kicks that came off the post. We also missed as least 6 lineouts in the first half. Maybe they were lucky to only have been beaten by a small margin... of maybe you're right.

We can't meet SA again until the final. Wales or the Pumas in the SF.

Reactions: mtk
I see they slipped on greece . Bring Andy Farrell into to manage them.

When I'm buying booze at the checkout I'm being asked small talk questions like if it's for watching the rugby.

I play along! Although maybe it is just because I fancy that bottle of wine with dinner tonight.

And I did need something to get through that Grecian disaster last night.

When does this thing end?
:)

The sooner the better. Terrible performance last night...and I don't think even Andy Farrell would make a decent team out of them..
There are only one lot of Boys in Green to get excited about at present .....later on this evening..

Last edited:
Back