The boys in green

In fairness, Baseball is every bit a world sport as rugby is. It's in the top 3 or 4 sports played and watched in the USA, Canada, Japan, Korea, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Mexico, Venezuala and quite a few other.

Incidentally, Ireland are ranked 50th in the World Baseball standings, higher then our football team !
The "World Series" though is just teams from America and Canada isn't it? And Canada doesn't have its own independent league.

Now maybe there are the best but there's not even the pretext of a real international competition.

Ireland were the bounce of a ball and a fingertip away from winning that game. They didn't play their best game but New Zealand are not mugs. South Africa could easily have beaten Ireland as well. The games at this level are decided at such small margins. There was no shame in losing that match. At least unlike in other quarter finals, they turned up. No other Irish team would have gone 13-0 down and recovered like they did.
Sport is cruel and it seems fashionable these days to lable teams as chokers. This team are not chokers. They are able to go toe to toe against the very best teams in the world and win more often than they lose.
France didn't choke last night either....

Shame to see some of the players leave like this. Particulary Earls who I seriously admire.

I just know that England are win the bloody thing and THAT will make me cry!

Ireland were the bounce of a ball and a fingertip away from winning that game. They didn't play their best game but New Zealand are not mugs. South Africa could easily have beaten Ireland as well. The games at this level are decided at such small margins. There was no shame in losing that match. At least unlike in other quarter finals, they turned up. No other Irish team would have gone 13-0 down and recovered like they did.
Sport is cruel and it seems fashionable these days to lable teams as chokers. This team are not chokers. They are able to go toe to toe against the very best teams in the world and win more often than they lose.
France didn't choke last night either....

Shame to see some of the players leave like this. Particulary Earls who I seriously admire.

I just know that England are win the bloody thing and THAT will make me cry!
I agree. There were no chokers on that Irish team.
They can be proud of the way they performed .
If our neighbours win there will be rivers of tears causing a status yellow flood warning. :D

I hope nobody list too much on an England win last night even if they fought a good fight.
Southern Hemisphere teams dominate the big stage once again and are back to No 1 and 2 in world rugby , one of which we beat by five points and the other we lost to by four . Small margins in one sense but huge in another. If's and but's .

It promises to be a great final , for us neutrals .

It was really good against the current background to see the multi coloured team of SA all singing their national anthem with gusto. And I suppose similarly for God Save The King.

What a way to open a season by giving the French a hiding in their own back yard. Let's hope they continue the season like this..

What a way to open a season by giving the French a hiding in their own back yard. Let's hope they continue the season like this..
The French don't travel well out of Paris apparently!

The TDF is out of Paris this year also, as Paris focuses on the Olympics.

Calvin Nash and Big Joe giving stellar performances and they just fresh out of the box, so to speak. U20s & women's 7s doing well too. Young Gleeson is an amazing talent.

Calvin Nash and Big Joe giving stellar performances and they just fresh out of the box, so to speak. U20s & women's 7s doing well too. Young Gleeson is an amazing talent.
Nash was solid but he's no Mack Hansen. Joe McCarthy is a phenomenon.

Another hurdle overcome . Two weeks rest before the Welsh come to have a go ;)

Come on the Boys in Green....let's hope they do the business....
Shame. But so near and yet so far..

Last edited:
Back