Storyboarding

"Yes, we must confront your mother.....Mr. Hatton....ask her why she abandoned us?" replied James.

"No........I meant something else......" said Alice.

"I know what you meant Alice - but Ive looked it up on the internet - its called GSA - Genetic Sexual Attraction, its a common phenoma between related persons who didnt grow up together and form the normal social taboos. You are going to need counselling to get over it as its classed as incest in this country and you could go to jail for persuing these feelings, not to mention the fact that Fr. Paisley will be down on you like a ton of bricks for entertaining such dirty thoughts".

Alices jaw dropped.

Red-faced James bent his one knee, picking up his trousers whilst apologising profusely to Alice. "I really must get a new belt" he explained as Alice burst into giggles, the passion she had felt moments ago lost to the hilarity of the picture in front of her.

"no that's quite alright James.....here let me get......that ......for......you........oooohhhh

... you also have a Rowenta DX-9800 Perfect Steam Iron, what luck! Mine is broken at the minute, mind if I borrow yours so I can catch up on all my ironing?"

As she tried to retrieve his belt off the pavement she tripped over and banged her head off the ground. This produced a surprisingly loud thud and Alice looked momentarily startled before passing out at his feet.

James managed to fix his errant trousers, tightened his belt, and leaned over Alice. He gently slapped her face to try to rouse her and was at that moment interrupted by a heavy hand on his shoulder.

...it was the woman of his dreams, Dion, scantily clad in a sexy neglige....

"james, its been a while, to hell with this ironing rubbish.. lets get straight down to business & having some real fun.... and I ain't talking about board games or twister or anya that kinda stuff"

muttered James, as he realised he had actually imagined the prescence of Dion, it must have been wishful thinking on his behalf or perhaps the sight of several scantily clad Asian women running about a few moments earlier had addled his brains.

In fact the heavy hand belonged to Mr Hatton.

......just his hand....... but no sign of Mr Hatton...... (he could tell from the hospital name bracelet that was around the wrist of the severed hand)

The hand dropped to the ground with a slight plopping sound, it looked strangely alive, as though it was about to start moving around under its own power.

Recovered from her fainting spell Alice looked as though she was about to have another one. James had a similar feeling wash over him. He clutched the wall next to him for support. Thats when he heard it. A kind of high keening noise, it sounded like a cat with a sore throat in the distance.

He turned in the direction of the noise...

he found the source of the noise....it was some 1950's scifi movie & the tv... so he got up & turned it off

and then came back to himself as he realised he was outside, there was a hand on the pavement, a shocked looking Alice next to him and what he thought was himself turning off the tv was simply him fiddling with a knob on a machine that dispensed newspapers.

He really had to get seen to about these Walter Mitty moments he was having lately.

That noise was still there, he again turned in the direction of it, only to be confronted with a person dressed in medical scrubs. He rubbed his temple with one hand, wondering what on earth was going on, and the green garbed person in front of him asked...

"Couldn't give us a hand could you?" said the vision pointing to the hand laying on the ground.

James could only nod as he picked the hand off the pavement.

"Cheers" said the green garbed vision. He lifted his lapel and started speaking into it... "Jolly Green Giant to Mother..Jolly Green Giant to Mother...I have the merchandise...repeat I have the merchandise".

Alice slowly lifted herself to her feet.

"Or maybe it's this unironed shirt that's making me so playful, I feel free Daddy, free I tell ya" Alice vowed never to iron again such was her liberated glee.
Meanwhile James watched the Jolly Green Giant hop on a scooter and tear off just as Hatton came careering around the corner waving his stump at the cad making off with his hand.

Hatton then proceeded to run after the Jolly Green Giant..... never to be see or heard of ever again.

It was a strange thing indeed.......people won't talk about him any more...

Back