sterling/euro differences in shop prices.

Instead of whinging about paying 40€ for something that was SIMULTANIOUSLY labelled for 30£ why not complaint to the national consumer agency. This is clearly an invitation to pay with either currency. If a shop does not allow you to pay in either currency then surely it is breaking consumer laws? The only gotcha would probably they will only accept the exact amount or wont give you sterling change.... Or do what I do, just dont entertain it, let them keep their whacky price differences

No retailer is under any obligation to accept something that isn't legal tender. Invitation to treat- you have the right to offer to pay in peanuts and they have the right to refuse you.

Has anyone any experience of ordering clothing from Karen Millen UK? - the prices quoted on the Irish & UK websites are vastly different

Has anyone any experience of ordering clothing from Karen Millen UK? - the prices quoted on the Irish & UK websites are vastly different

I used to buy from Karen Millen UK website at UK prices. KM then set up a micro site, prices quoted in € & at 40% more expensive than £.

I queried this with KM and after many, many emails I was informed that it is 40% more expensive to operate in Ireland than in UK. When I pointed out that I was buying from a UK site that was quoting in € but operating from the UK (so had UK overheads) I received no answer.

Out of stubborness I sent an email every day for a month - no response.

Thanks for the info - if I was to buy I think I'd get it sent to a family member in UK.

Back