Soggy pencils on a Monday morning. Conspiracy?

Don't remember why but you shouldn't put all towels in together, I think they get too heavy and you should mix your loads.

In my many years of washing clothes I've washed a brand new watch (twice) money (about 10 times but they dry very nicely) husbands biros (20 times - he still doesn't take them out and I refuse to check) but I have the washing down to this, everything colour sorted gets washed at button 3 on 60 degrees, and use button 2 at 40 degrees for wool/delicates/not sure. Anything that won't go in a washing machine doesn't survive in my house. Life's too short to be hand washing wool jumpers. I put 4 baskets with labels in the laundry room labelled dark/whites/not sure/coloured - makes it easier to do full loads.

While on the subject my other half still calls me (we've had a dishwasher about 10 years) when the dishwasher has a new light up which is either salt or rince. He can do powder but not salt and rince. :D

Which reminds me to cheer you all up after the bank holiday weekend - I bought a dishwasher from a particular shop as they had an ad that they would take away the old machine and connect the new one. Simplicity itself methinks. Two thick delivery men arrived on a Saturday morning and said 'where's the connection' me (bit demented with two kids underfoot) said 'behind the machine you're standing in front of', I open cupboard undersink, men pretend to try and disconnect it, 'too tight says they and we have no worktools', 'have one of mine' says I handing them a vicecript from my toolbox, 'too awkward' says they, 'you'll have to get a plumber' says they, me babe in arms and furious by now says ' ' anyone on AAM can guess what happens, if interested next instalment tomorrow............

OP your wife is trying to prove a point - if you don't remove your belongings from your smoulderings they will get soggy. Just be thankful they are not still smouldering on a Monday morning and are at least clean, albeit with soggy pencils.

I use balled up tissues to prove a point - himself tends to have a small forest's worth of tissues in his pockets (for copious blowing of nose) that are never emptied before being placed in the laundry basket, so the clothes get washed with tissues still in them creating a wonderful dandruff-blizzard effect on all his clothes (I am sure it's not that great from the poor machine's perspective though).

My husband is also trying to prove a point - anytime he does the clothes washing, he ensures to put at least 2 white items in with the most colourful items he can find to render them unusable (guess who is the only one who wears anything white in this house) and also ensures to place anything that will be damaged by heat into the tumble dryer at the hottest setting and either melting them or shrinking them to barbiedoll size (guess who is the only one who has delicates that should never be tumbledried). Suffice to say he has been banned from putting on the washing and I have given up making my point, and started removing tissues from his pockets.

I use balled up tissues to prove a point - himself tends to have a small forest's worth of tissues in his pockets (for copious blowing of nose)

This statement from someone with a username 'snuffle' [broken link removed]

This statement from someone with a username 'snuffle' [broken link removed]
Ha yeah! He was sitting beside me when I created an account here- was asked for a username and guess what I came up with :) Hayfever is a curse, for those who have it and those who live with someone who has it :D

Tip for you- start leaving money in your pockets. We wives have a finely tuned psychic sense as to when it is worth our while emptying pockets.

Jock takes his wife to casualty.

She's no teeth, a broken nose & two black eyes.

Dr says, 'What´s happened here?'

Jock says 'She was going thru the change.'

Dr says 'That doesn't happen with the change.'

Jock replies 'It does when its in my f*cking pocket

Just be thankful they are not still smouldering on a Monday morning and are at least clean, albeit with soggy pencils.

Believe me everyone is thankful they are not still smouldering on a Monday morning. Otherwise they'd be going to work all by themselves.

Back