Skoda Octavia RS or VW Scirocco

MandaC

Anyone have one of these (diesel)

The visibility in the rear of the Scirocco does not look great.

scirocco is much rarer and in these times this could last a while.

Go for something different.

Haven't seen one properly in the metal yet to comment on the looks.

New 170 bhp Skoda Octavia RS Combi 2.0 CRDI - low road tax, low emissions, a real sleeper.

It comes down to the space you need really. Though you could something more interesting, if you got something a bit older, and past the worst of its depreciation.

No, has to be brand new and depreciation is not an issue. Do not need bags of space. Combi is a no no- do not like the look

Swaying towards Scirocco
1.4tsi

What about a SEAT Leon? They are also available in the 1.4 TSI engine and will be a lot cheaper - look great too IMO. I'm thinking about one myself.

Skoda (Octavia or Superb)
Scirocco/Golf/Passat
Audi A3

All VAG group anyway so slightly surprising that SEAT can't be considered too.

Out of the above, for driveability, performance, handling and looks, I'd go with the Scirocco, no question. And out of the above, Octavia RS would come second for me as it happens.

I know someone who has just bought a new Scirocco 1.4Tsi ( is it 140 or 170 bhp, the higher of the two anyways ) . They only got it last week and I don't think the wheels have touched earth yet !

Just to update this.........eventually sold my Yaris (wayhay!!) went for the 1.4tsi Scirocco (122 bhp - enough for me) - being delivered tomorrow so will see how I get on.

Have been loaned the 2 ltr Petrol 200BHP (DSG) model in the meantime for the few days till mine arrives and it is a fabulous car to drive, but 1.4 is enough for me coming up from 1 ltr.

Just to update this.........eventually sold my Yaris (wayhay!!) went for the 1.4tsi Scirocco (122 bhp - enough for me) - being delivered tomorrow so will see how I get on.

Nice one! Good luck with it.

I'd love to hear any feedback on this - still considering the Leon with the same engine myself.

I know someone who has just bought a new Scirocco 1.4Tsi ( is it 140 or 170 bhp, the higher of the two anyways ) . They only got it last week and I don't think the wheels have touched earth yet !

Can't be a 1.4 surely? It must be one of the other TSI models - there are a few options up to 2L I think.

Can't be a 1.4 surely? It must be one of the other TSI models - there are a few options up to 2L I think.

1.4tsi is available in 2 options 122bhp(which I opted for) and 160bhp. The 160bhp one is quite heavy on the juice.

The demo one I had was 2ltr petrol 200bhp and it was white. I am glad its going back today as it attracted a lot of attention (not all of it positive, I might add)

Back