School Closures

How could that specific problem have been overcome?

Could I suggest that each child of school going age be State provided with heavily weighted , spiked lead boots which would keep them upright in the breeziest & snowiest conditions with perhaps the addition of a small , mobile heater which could be attached to their heads ?

Teachers should have no problem getting to schools in their 4 wheeled drive mercs & on alighting from their cars their bulging wallets should keep them firmly anchored to the ground.

Sorted !

Teachers should have no problem getting to schools in their 4 wheeled drive mercs & on alighting from their cars their bulging wallets should keep them firmly anchored to the ground.

You'd think, but you just never know what them union fellas would be up to next !

Could I suggest that each child of school going age be State provided with heavily weighted , spiked lead boots which would keep them upright in the breeziest & snowiest conditions with perhaps the addition of a small , mobile heater which could be attached to their heads ?

Sorted !

I don't get it? Why is teachers pay being mentioned? So teachers find it more difficult to get to their place of work than people in other jobs in bad weather?

Also, why close schools in advance of bad weather? Children can die every single day on their way to school in all sorts of weather. I know some people here might find it hard the believe of parents don't really want to put their childrens lives in danger so if the weather is so bad that that they feel it is unsafe, they would be more than happy to keep them at home. If schools were unsafe, they shouldn't open but I fail to see how a child in a school building is in more danger than a child in a house during a storm. Unless of course the storm had a particular vendetta against schools. And even if the schools feel that travelling to school is too dangerous for children and parents are just reckless irresponsible adults who are playing with their kids lives, nobody here has adequately explained why a school had to close to teachers as well. Is there really nothing productive that teachers can do if classes are cancelled?

IMO it was really a one-off and sure don't we all recall the anticipation and sheer joy sure as kids when the school was closed for the day!

IMO it was really a one-off and sure don't we all recall the anticipation and sheer joy sure as kids when the school was closed for the day!

Absolutely. I used to love when 'the pipes were frozen'!!! Still amazes me to this day that only schools ever seemed to be impacted though.

Absolutely. I used to love when 'the pipes were frozen'!!! Still amazes me to this day that only schools ever seemed to be impacted though.

God yeah, I remember one day when our school was closed due to the discovery of rats in the water tank, it was brilliant.

Could I suggest that each child of school going age ... with perhaps the addition of a small , mobile heater which could be attached to their heads ?

LOL, I'm imagining a Kasco marine de-icer like the ones that saved the Whales in Alaska in 1988 ( just watched Big Miracle with the children).

Will we have the same level of 'debate' after secondary schools are closed on Thursday ;) ?

Back