Ryanair Palma, 2 apples confiscated (extra handluggage), McDonalds & Duty Free allowe

Re: Ryanair Palma, 2 apples confiscated (extra handluggage), McDonalds & Duty Free al

Poor Ryanair, if it weren't for them you'd be paying well over 300 return to London as we did 35 years ago, add in inflation and what do you get ? I use Ryanair 6 to 8 times a year, my bag is always oversize, I'm just waiting to be caught, I'll pay €35. Not bad value for maybe 30 flights. My wife and I were once overweight by 10 kilo @ €12 per kilo. €120 PLEASE, said the hostess. My wife asked, how much to book an extra bag ? €15 was the reply, extra weight taken out, put in hand luggage bag and booked on, only a woman would be so quick thinking. Moral of the story--you travel Ryanair because they offer cheap travel, you know the rules. If you don't obey you might, and I stress, might have to pay. If you do, just grin and bear it. In conclusion I say well done Michael and thank's

Re: Ryanair Palma, 2 apples confiscated (extra handluggage), McDonalds & Duty Free al

Personally I prefer to pay a bit extra and not have the hassle of Ryanair. Its not friendly for families with small kids, babies, or mobility restricted passengers. Priority boarding is meaningless. If you are choosing a short flight, it makes no sense to double your journey with a bus ride in from the middle nowhere.

Horses for courses and all that.

Poor Ryanair, if it weren't for them you'd be paying well over 300 return to London as we did 35 years ago, add in inflation and what do you get ? I use Ryanair 6 to 8 times a year, my bag is always oversize, I'm just waiting to be caught, I'll pay €35. Not bad value for maybe 30 flights. My wife and I were once overweight by 10 kilo @ €12 per kilo. €120 PLEASE, said the hostess. My wife asked, how much to book an extra bag ? €15 was the reply, extra weight taken out, put in hand luggage bag and booked on, only a woman would be so quick thinking. Moral of the story--you travel Ryanair because they offer cheap travel, you know the rules. If you don't obey you might, and I stress, might have to pay. If you do, just grin and bear it. In conclusion I say well done Michael and thank's

Or bring a black refuse sack with you. Who says you must use a suitcase?

I think Ryanair may be a step ahead... Black bags would not be allowed in the hold as check-on luggage, it mentions in the T&Cs I think that check on luggage must be in a strong and close-able bag.

I'm not sure if it'd be allowed as carry-on either.. I'd read the T&Cs carefully before attempting it.

I think Ryanair are fine.. just follow all their rules!

last week I got a quicksilver case that measures 55cm*36cm*20cm (ryanairs dimensions allow 55*40*20. I spent ages looking, going into town armed with my measuring tape) @ €30 I'm very pleased with my investment.

Where did ou purchase this?

Personally I only ever use a cheap canvas bag..light and collapsable.
I think it makes sense to have plastic knives and forks in Shannon as the place is full of military...what if one had a flashback or something?
When one is going thru`security one is only allowed one carry on bag.
Then one goes into the duty free area and my understanding is you can buy drink bottles,gifts, newspapers and big mac meals all in little bags and take them onto the plane.Otherwise the duty free shops wouldn`t do much buisness. Is this correct?

When one is going thru`security one is only allowed one carry on bag.
Then one goes into the duty free area and my understanding is you can buy drink bottles,gifts, newspapers and big mac meals all in little bags and take them onto the plane.Otherwise the duty free shops wouldn`t do much buisness. Is this correct?

Not if you're flying with Ryanair - you can only have one carry-on bag (to the correct dimensions). Any purchases you make in airport shopping must fit into the one bag (along with laptop, handbag, and anything else you might want to take with you).

Aer Lingus are a little more flexible in allowing one bag plus some shopping on board.

I recently witnessed a ryanair staff member challenge a lady who had a large coat on, saying that she had a handbag underneath it and should put it in her case! The lady didn't have a bag, and showed this, but did have a very large glasses case in her pocket which she also showed. Ryanair girl was very rude to her and was mouthing off under her breath after the lady passed - looked terrible.

I dont know why there is so many people who moan and whinge about Ryanair, everybody by now should know the rules and the extra charges and if people dont stick to then or try to bend them a little then what do they expect.

I carry only one piece of hand luggage and have pre paid credit card and flown to poland, spain, Norway and the UK with no trouble.

As for the apples you should have put then in your pocket, nobody to blame but yourself.

Did anyone hear the Joe Duffy show today. The passenger purchased a beef sandwich that had no beef in it and the cabin crew refused to refund or replace it and insisted that he take a receipt and collect a refund when he landed at Dublin Airport from the Ryanair desk. There were some words between him and the cabin crew member.
Later on in the flight the same crew member dropped a watch from his trolley when selling the gifts. The sandwich guy picked up the watch and called the crew member to tell him that he had dropped a watch. The crew member turned and became abusive to the passenger and apparently accused him of taking the watch from the trolley.
The crew member complained to the captain and there were three police cars waiting at the airport to talk to the "disruptive" passenger.
Thankfully there were independent witnesses present who supported the passenger and nothing happened.
Also in the heel of the hunt he never got his refund for the empty sandwich from the Ryanair desk at the airport because they "don't do refunds".

Tin Gods or what?

The DAA must have free Transport Police call out. I don't see Mick spending on police unless there was a riot on the plane. BTW, by the sounds of it the crew member should be sacked.

My brother's ex girlfriend works on the ground for Ryanair.One of the main jobs that she has is checking for excess baggage etc.I remember the brother telling me that one day she made roughly 5000 euro for Ryanair in excess luggage,duty free excess etc!She was one of the best apparantly in getting this extra revenue!
On the flip side her supervisor reported her one day because her lipstick had worn off! They have to buy a certain brand also. I mean,who cares? Not me anyway!

Net64

I was on a Ryanair flight recently and one of the staff kept spraying herself with perfume. In the enclosed cabin it was absolutely awful and choking. I felt very naseous. Eau de Ryanair.....

Flew from Bournemouth airport recently, and noticed a very welcome change - there was a sign in the duty free/airport shopping area which stated that Ryanair passengers could carry on one plastic bag of purchases from the shop in addition to their carry-on luggage.

My experience in other airports is that Ryanair apply the "one-bag" rule very strictly.

So I bought a few small items, and brought on my small wheely-case and my plastic shopping bag....with no problems!!

" I got a quicksilver case that measures 55cm*36cm*20cm (ryanairs dimensions allow 55*40*20. I spent ages looking, going into town armed with my measuring tape) @ €30 I'm very pleased with my investment."

where did you get this

" I got a quicksilver case that measures 55cm*36cm*20cm (ryanairs dimensions allow 55*40*20. I spent ages looking, going into town armed with my measuring tape) @ €30 I'm very pleased with my investment."

where did you get this

Where can one buy a 55cm x 40cm x 20cm "hard" case?

I want to buy one that's as big as possible but isn't soft so will always fit into the ridiculous box thing.

Stopping people with plastic bags containing duty free/food is utterly ridiculous. I was stopped recently and had to take my bottle of water and magazine out of their plastic bag, put the plastic bag in my pocket, carry the bottle and magazine through the boarding gate in my hands and then put them back into the plastic bag on the other side (in view of the staff - they didn't mind).

Ryanair could drop the Little Hitler nastiness without sacrificing any profit whatsoever. They could learn a lot from EasyJet or the like of Kulula or Mango in South Africa.

Back