Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbridge to citywest in less than 40 minutes when those roadworks are completed I would think.
The estate agents/developers do have an issue with telling people when exactly their houses will be complete, but they don't ever seem to have wavered from the "no change to the design" policy for homebuyers. One rule for all etc etc I would imagine. Would have loved an extra window myself . Will probably get someone to put it in in future.
Although I must say some people may find a couple of subtle design changes by the builders...!!!

DaithiOg said:
Newbridge to citywest in less than 40 minutes when those roadworks are completed I would think.
The estate agents/developers do have an issue with telling people when exactly their houses will be complete, but they don't ever seem to have wavered from the "no change to the design" policy for homebuyers. One rule for all etc etc I would imagine. Would have loved an extra window myself . Will probably get someone to put it in in future.
Although I must say some people may find a couple of subtle design changes by the builders...!!!

DaithiOg,
I think you will agree that getting in an extra window is a structural thing but realy, the thing ith the electric/gas fire is more a cosmetic issue.
Our way of thinking is: If there is not a real, open type fire, than, there is no point in having a gas fire which will be used every christmas! Therefore, why not go with the electric fireplace which is superior it its looks to the gas fire, requires less work to be done and is cheeper.
Thanks for the time to get to Citywest. That is not bad at all.

regedit2 said:
DaithiOg,
I think you will agree that getting in an extra window is a structural thing
I also wanted them NOT to nail in the skirting boards. Just place them against the wall. That was a no as well !

DaithiOg said:
I also wanted them NOT to nail in the skirting boards. Just place them against the wall. That was a no as well !

Yes, I forgot to mention that.
The guy who is fitting our flooring told us to ask the builders not to nail the skirting boards and just to sort of tuck them in but we got a definitinve NO from Sullivan.

Actually, I do not blame Sullivan at all. They are there only conveying to us what Milbank is telling them. They are not builders, just in the sales business!

Hi Folks, has anybody had any success in getting an Eircom landline installed. I have been onto Eircom and they told me that distribution to the site is not due to take place until January 2007.

baloo said:
Hi Folks, has anybody had any success in getting an Eircom landline installed. I have been onto Eircom and they told me that distribution to the site is not due to take place until January 2007.
If that is true, it is bad.
Eircom are the owners of the coper wires which provide telephony and internet and every other company offering wired internet is a reseller of eircom products (open to corrections here) - even though eircon is the dearest one of all. I asked Sullivan about this before Christmas and was told that they thought broadband is available in Roseberry Hill and that there are a few providers (I assume E-nvi is one of them).
Can anyone living in Roseberry Hill now comment on this, they mmight have investigated the matter in detail.
The other backfall is that not having a landline means, one cannot avail of Sky + or any of its services.

Thats exactly it, Eircom have a monopoly over the copper wire infrastructure so we are really very reliant on them. To have to wait 7-8 months for this is disgraceful.

ENVI are an alternative, they provide IP telephony and Broadband over a Radio link, however this service isn't due for the estate for approx. another 6-8 weeks.

No landline means no Sky+. ENVI do not yet provide SKY+ they they told me they plan for this to be a product of theirs in September.

P.S the builder (Millbank) have telephone lines to their office onsite, which is why I am thinking maybe Eircom put a small provision in place early on for the site. So maybe some of the first houses have Eircom lines running from this.

baloo said:
Thats exactly it, Eircom have a monopoly over the copper wire infrastructure so we are really very reliant on them. To have to wait 7-8 months for this is disgraceful.

ENVI are an alternative, they provide IP telephony and Broadband over a Radio link, however this service isn't due for the estate for approx. another 6-8 weeks.

No landline means no Sky+. ENVI do not yet provide SKY+ they they told me they plan for this to be a product of theirs in September.

I am open to corrections on this but wouldn't the normal course of action be that when Milbank applied for planning permission and got it, they contact Eircom, Smart telecom, NTL or whoever else and asked (possibly through KIldare Co Co) for the copper lines to be brought in?
This means that we will not be able to avail of monitored house alarms either for the foreseeable future!
Let the hell continue!

I spoke with Millbank, apparently all is well from their end and its an Eircom/exchange provisioning issue. I have spoken with at least 10 different people at Eircom Customer dontCare, at first I was told 28 days for a line, then the latest last week was 7-8 months.

I have not been able to speak with anyone responsible for installations at Eircom to see why an entire housing estate won't have a phone service til next year. I think it requires more than one person to put some pressure on them.

To those who are interested about firepalces, we found Cliffords very helpful, we told him we werent keen in the fire sorrounds on offer, he let us look through his catalogues and even showed us around his "showroom (basically a room upstairs) and allowed us to pick out a different frame - charged us €50.00 which we thought was ok.

Regarding the wall mounte fireplaces, my friends recenlty experience the same problem - un co-operative builders, so she told them to leave the hole in the wall and the guys who came to fit her wall mounted fireplace filled it in, a cup of tea and a nice smile does wonders !

Regarding housing plans around Roseberry, I am concerned about this - I know in our case we will have the second phase behind us. I know there is an "exclusive" development going inot the next field so to speak called Barrestown which is 4&5 bed houses, so that should attract families and such.

Does anyone know when natural gas will be installed?

a&r said:
To those who are interested about firepalces, we found Cliffords very helpful, we told him we werent keen in the fire sorrounds on offer, he let us look through his catalogues and even showed us around his "showroom (basically a room upstairs) and allowed us to pick out a different frame - charged us €50.00 which we thought was ok.

Regarding the wall mounte fireplaces, my friends recenlty experience the same problem - un co-operative builders, so she told them to leave the hole in the wall and the guys who came to fit her wall mounted fireplace filled it in, a cup of tea and a nice smile does wonders !

Regarding housing plans around Roseberry, I am concerned about this - I know in our case we will have the second phase behind us. I know there is an "exclusive" development going inot the next field so to speak called Barrestown which is 4&5 bed houses, so that should attract families and such.

Does anyone know when natural gas will be installed?

Thanks a&r.
We went to Cliffords in October (2005) not knowing about the huge delay. The manager (Peter I think) was OK. He told us that as far as he is concerned a hole in the wall electrical fire would be OK. He gave us a few brochures, told us to make up our mind and then get back to him. We got back to him a few times and he said that he would buty the electrical fire (if the builders agreed to prepare the place) and give it to us to fit it. The one we want is about 450-550 Eu and the Cliford's allowance is 750 so he would not lose anything.
Regarding the problems of your friends, my only concern is that the eletrician who has to fit the fireplace will not be able to close the "hole". Will have to talk to Peter once more.
Some here are sayiing that Roseberry Hill is a development built to rent. I disagree with this as most of the houses seem to be 4 bedroom ones. Who on earth can afford to rent a 4B house. Recently saw on daft.ie that a 2B house in RH was going for 1100 p/m so...

Hey there,
I just got off the phone to Eircom. The lady informed me that there has been a delay installing the cabling. They have been advised to tell us to expect a delay of up to 4 weeks. She then proceeded by saying "it's possible that there may be a longer delay as the whole area needs to be cabled" So in otherwords 4 weeks is a figure that's they've plucked out of the sky to numb the shock of the real delay time. Same method used by the developers for completion dates

The cost of connecting is €121.93

I've heard that we could be waiting for the natural gas. The pipes are in place on both sides of the bridge, but not across the tracks ( dunno if its going over or under). Anyway, guess who owns the bridge -Iranrod Eireann. They basically want a trainload of money to allow this work to take place. That bridge, and the others in newbridge, are deathtraps. You couldn't let kids walk over them - Although a lot of people are obviously more carefree in their attitudes to cars speeding over narrow humpback bridges, as plenty of people allowed their children to risk life an limb to go to that funfair down the road. And it was dangerous- I nearly drove into people in the middle of the road 3 nights running- and I was watching for them.

I saw that ad on Daft a week or so ago for the 2 bed house in Roseberry. Something very weird about it - the number on it wasn't in one of the occupied houses. And it disappeared from daft when it was mentioned on this site.

DaithiOg said:
I've heard that we could be waiting for the natural gas. The pipes are in place on both sides of the bridge, but not across the tracks ( dunno if its going over or under). Anyway, guess who owns the bridge -Iranrod Eireann. They basically want a trainload of money to allow this work to take place. That bridge, and the others in newbridge, are deathtraps. You couldn't let kids walk over them - Although a lot of people are obviously more carefree in their attitudes to cars speeding over narrow humpback bridges, as plenty of people allowed their children to risk life an limb to go to that funfair down the road. And it was dangerous- I nearly drove into people in the middle of the road 3 nights running- and I was watching for them.

I saw that ad on Daft a week or so ago for the 2 bed house in Roseberry. Something very weird about it - the number on it wasn't in one of the occupied houses. And it disappeared from daft when it was mentioned on this site.

Seen the house for rent a few weeks ago. It must have been rented or something else happened.

I agree that the bridge is a deathtrap.
Allegedly, they are going to have traffic lights but I do not trust that until I see it.
One would have imagined that with all the work going on in Sexes road (the residents are sick of everything by now I was told), they did not try and widen the bridge which would have made sense. I have also heard rumors of a walking bridge laterally to the bridge itself!

regedit2 said:
Seen the house for rent a few weeks ago. It must have been rented or something else happened.

I agree that the bridge is a deathtrap.
Allegedly, they are going to have traffic lights but I do not trust that until I see it.
One would have imagined that with all the work going on in Sexes road (the residents are sick of everything by now I was told), they did not try and widen the bridge which would have made sense. I have also heard rumors of a walking bridge laterally to the bridge itself!
Us new residents of Roseberry and the other new estates will have to get something done about the bridges soon. I can't understand how the council could have allowed planning permission for hundreds of new homes without a solution being found to them. Walking to town will not be an option on dark nights unless some type of a path is provided to seperate pedestrians and traffic.
Btw, to those of you who haven't been out to the area in the last few days, the boundary wall at the front of the development is mostly finished, is enormous(15ft+ at a wild guess) and will look extremely well when finished.

DaithiOg said:
Us new residents of Roseberry and the other new estates will have to get something done about the bridges soon. I can't understand how the council could have allowed planning permission for hundreds of new homes without a solution being found to them. Walking to town will not be an option on dark nights unless some type of a path is provided to seperate pedestrians and traffic.
Btw, to those of you who haven't been out to the area in the last few days, the boundary wall at the front of the development is mostly finished, is enormous(15ft+ at a wild guess) and will look extremely well when finished.

I agree. When Sexes road was open, my biggest worry was crossing the bridge. One vehicle-it's OK but you never know what sort of lunatic is coming toward you. AFAIK, Kildatre Co Co should have requested that the road be widened.
My other fear is now when other developments will go up in and around RH, that someone will decide to widen the bridge (or build a new one) and it will take them as long as it it taking Milbank to complete the works on the road.

The fencing and the footpath looks great in Roseberry Hill.
Was there a few weeks ago and saw for myself. I can see that this forum supports sending images so it might be good if someone posts a few for us who get disappointed every time we go to see our unfinished lodgment's.

Just in case you could recomend a good tiler here.
Also interested in how much you spent (approximately) on tiles-tiler) for your houses. We have allocated around 3000 Eu for a 3B house (kitchen and bathrooms). This would include the tiles (most likely Right Price Tiles) and the fitting. Also, we were promised 600 Eu at T&T so that should get us something.

Where did you source your wooden floors and what type did you go for. Price?

I assume that you are referring to Barretstown Meadows - this is nowhere near Roseberry Hill.

My other fear is now when other developments will go up in and around RH, that someone will decide to widen the bridge (or build a new one) and it will take them as long as it it taking Milbank to complete the works on the road.

You can take it that more developments around Roseberry will be the case,
a) Firstly you have the Kildare County Council housing estate on the right at Sexes Bridge.
b) Secondly, the field beside the county council i.e. between Roseberry and the county council estate has been sold for residential housing,
c) Finally there is a v large development planned for site facing Roseberry Hill, that is across the main Newbridge / Miltown road

JohnGonne said:
Regarding housing plans around

You can take it that more developments around Roseberry will be the case,
a) Firstly you have the Kildare County Council housing estate on the right at Sexes Bridge.
b) Secondly, the field beside the county council i.e. between Roseberry and the county council estate has been sold for residential housing,
c) Finally there is a v large development planned for site facing Roseberry Hill, that is across the main Newbridge / Miltown road

I supose there is nothing we can do about social housing schemes! We can only hope that the area around Roseberry Hill will turn out to be a good one. Nobody knows what will happen in reality.
I heard that most of the area you are talking in c) is zoned as a green strip, meaning it will be an area meant for housing development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back