Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
jme said:
Roseberry looked ok but then if you have lived around Naas/Newbridge you would have heard that the council have planning permission for upto 300 social and affordable housing right across the road. If there anything like the ones already built in the county then I would not want to live within a mile of them as I have seen the problems they create. But I am sure it will be ok.
There are other discussions on the forum about people attitudes to affordable/social housing. Suffice to say, if you don't want some type of subsidised housing near you in any new development, you better buy a large country estate for yourself. We should remember councils have a duty to provide accomodation for people- and this is frequently provided by renting houses in 'private' estates.
The Kildare co co project you are referring to is actually not across the road but down by the railway line. The plans are in the council offices for everyone to see.

Hi all,

For those of you who have moved into your houses, have ye paid the €300ish for maintenance (roads etc) yet or do ye know if or when ye are expected to have to fork out for it?

Hi Peadar1, I have paid €250 for maintenance.

Daithiog, I have checked with few owners as well regarding the LPG connection and all are in the same boat like me. They all signed the contract, thinking that the builder will transfer us over to Natural Gas once the connection is available. some checked with their solicitors they were told that it is not something to worry. May be we can all bring up this issue once more people move in.

peadar1 said:
Hi all,

For those of you who have moved into your houses, have ye paid the €300ish for maintenance (roads etc) yet or do ye know if or when ye are expected to have to fork out for it?

jme said:
Roseberry looked ok but then if you have lived around Naas/Newbridge you would have heard that the council have planning permission for upto 300 social and affordable housing right across the road. If there anything like the ones already built in the county then I would not want to live within a mile of them as I have seen the problems they create. But I am sure it will be ok.

When we gave the deposit to our solictor, we saw omn the contract that the moenys were deducted straight away. I dunno if this is stanbdard procedure but I hope the maintenance company does a good job.

Just to get t back to something I read before (post by MB1), the fence around the development is, I think a good idea. If we experience unsocial problems with any nearby estate in the future (unlikely) it is easier to make any plans knowing that there is a physical barrier and even ask (and pay)_ for physical security and/or CCT!

regedit2 said:
As far as e-nvi is concerned, I wrote to them in November asking about broadband, contention ratio, download speeds, Sky + etc. Their package looks Ok (nothing special) but I asked them to introduce Sky+ or something identical (for a higher price) and was told they would consider. Their download speeds are notorious at present so I hope they increase them. If not, will stick with BT Plus (42 Eu for line rental and 3 MB service) and than if I want, I can use Skype or another voip service.

regedit2, I can't find anything wrong with ENV's Broadband package. Though their TV package is not that great as it is not giving all SKY channels. Broadband is 35 for 3MB download and 1MB upload speed. 3MB download speed is not too bad. The only problem I see is whether they are going to give this service in the near future. I am chasing this up with them for the last 2 months and they still can't give a date that we can avail this service. Last week when I rang them, I was told that If I need the broadband service sooner then I better off go with some one else.

techy said:
regedit2, I can't find anything wrong with ENV's Broadband package. Though their TV package is not that great as it is not giving all SKY channels. Broadband is 35 for 3MB download and 1MB upload speed. 3MB download speed is not too bad. The only problem I see is whether they are going to give this service in the near future. I am chasing this up with them for the last 2 months and they still can't give a date that we can avail this service. Last week when I rang them, I was told that If I need the broadband service sooner then I better off go with some one else.

I was not aware of the 3MB DL speed.
When I contacted them a few months ago, was told that it is 1 MB and that they thought that was sufficient (BTW, 1 MB is the basic of the basic BB services offered in this contry. Nobody offers less).
On the other side, if they do not offer it when customers want it, it is pointless going to someone else (the likes of eircon, BT, IBB etc) when in most cases you are bound to minimum contracts of 6 months.
The good thing with E-nvi BB is that they said there would be no DL cap.
Were they able to give you an estimated date when they will roll-out BB in Roseberry Hill or were they as vague as Milbank and Sullivan about dates?

Does anyone have the phone number of the electrician contractors who do work in Roseberry Hill?
Namely, we're getting an alarm (a friend who is a very good alarm installer-if anyone wants his details, let me know-he is reasonable) with a phone dialer or so I was told). This means that a few seconds after the alarm goes on, the alarm dials a few phone numbers or sends txt messages letting the owner know what has happened. The only thing is there must be a phone line going to the aram itself. I suppose this is not a gib thing but just to let them know.
I know I spoke once to a guy called Shane and asked him about a double socket (he was in the Milbank office on site) but never got toask him about the above.
TIA

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone of you guys have opted for an electric, wall mounted fireplace.
We have decided to go with a dimplex hole in the wall thing. Once you do not have the real coal fireplace it makes no difference if it is gas or electrical. Had to get on to Clifford fireplaces a few times and not realy forthcoming. He has agreed to buy the electrical fireplace and than we fit it. It is even cheaper than the "grant" we're supposed to get for the gas fires.
[broken link removed]

I am told now that E-nvi would start the TV service soon and Broadband in 2 weeks time. It appears that the builder had used a different type of cable so Envi had to re-cable all houses. Hopefully they will do the cabling at my home today.

Onething I forgot to mention yesterday is that there is a higher speed broadband 8mb download & 1mb upload also available for 40EU if you are interested.

regedit2 said:
Were they able to give you an estimated date when they will roll-out BB in Roseberry Hill or were they as vague as Milbank and Sullivan about dates?

techy said:
I am told now that E-nvi would start the TV service soon and Broadband in 2 weeks time. It appears that the builder had used a different type of cable so Envi had to re-cable all houses. Hopefully they will do the cabling at my home today.

Onething I forgot to mention yesterday is that there is a higher speed broadband 8mb download & 1mb upload also available for 40EU if you are interested.

Thanks for the input techy. I got an e-mail from e-nvi ages ago telling me about the wiring. Allegedly, the builders put in CAT5 when they were supposed to put CAT6 cable.
Is it E-nvi that are offering the 8MB service because I was convinced that only Magnet had the 8 MB in the country (for residential use).
BTW, do ye people have landlines in Roseberry Hill (I know that we will not need them if we stick to E-nvi) but if we are not happy with them, we will have to opt for BT or UTV

regedit2 said:
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone of you guys have opted for an electric, wall mounted fireplace.
We have decided to go with a dimplex hole in the wall thing. Once you do not have the real coal fireplace it makes no difference if it is gas or electrical. Had to get on to Clifford fireplaces a few times and not realy forthcoming. He has agreed to buy the electrical fireplace and than we fit it. It is even cheaper than the "grant" we're supposed to get for the gas fires.
[broken link removed]

Hi regedit2
We wanted to get a wall mounted fire too and when we asked the builder to build the wall up and not have an opening for gas fire of where it would sit in to the fireplace, they told us that this was not possible and that we would have to choose a fireplace. The house had to be finished as per the showhouse. Do you mind me asking, are you having a fireplace installed as per the choices given or did you discuss with the builder about not having a fireplace and just a wall mounted fire.

orles said:
Hi regedit2
We wanted to get a wall mounted fire too and when we asked the builder to build the wall up and not have an opening for gas fire of where it would sit in to the fireplace, they told us that this was not possible and that we would have to choose a fireplace. The house had to be finished as per the showhouse. Do you mind me asking, are you having a fireplace installed as per the choices given or did you discuss with the builder about not having a fireplace and just a wall mounted fire.

Actualy, we did not disuss the issue with the builder-s but with the manager of Cliford Fireplaces. He thought it could be done and would discuss it with the builder.
It makes no sense to me for the builder to tell us that I must have a fireplace as per brochure (not realy nice ones, Imust agree). If they insist, I will go for one of the offered fireplaces and than knock it down, invest about 500 the above mentioned fireplace! As far as I am concerned, the electrical fireplace can be fitted in almost any wall. It is basicaly like a picture frame. Having said this, I am aware that the builders are very uncooperative and might persist in fitting a gas fireplace.
I even contacted Sullivan and they forwarded my email to Milbank about "deepening" the alcoves as they are very shallow and very hard to fit any decent shelving but they replied that they simply would not do it!
I would like MB1 (Fergus) to comment on this one!

regedit2 said:
Actualy, we did not disuss the issue with the builder-s but with the manager of Cliford Fireplaces. He thought it could be done and would discuss it with the builder.
It makes no sense to me for the builder to tell us that I must have a fireplace as per brochure (not realy nice ones, Imust agree). If they insist, I will go for one of the offered fireplaces and than knock it down, invest about 500 the above mentioned fireplace! As far as I am concerned, the electrical fireplace can be fitted in almost any wall. It is basicaly like a picture frame. Having said this, I am aware that the builders are very uncooperative and might persist in fitting a gas fireplace.
I even contacted Sullivan and they forwarded my email to Milbank about "deepening" the alcoves as they are very shallow and very hard to fit any decent shelving but they replied that they simply would not do it!
I would like MB1 (Fergus) to comment on this one!

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply.I would have to agree that the builder is very unco-operative. If you want a feature to be appear differently in your house, they should discuss this with you and maybe even sign a document in agreement to the way you want these features to appear. To me by asking for a fireplace not to be installed, you are saving them both time and money and you would think they would be delighted with this. Might hurry up the completion dates!!!

orles said:
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply.I would have to agree that the builder is very unco-operative. If you want a feature to be appear differently in your house, they should discuss this with you and maybe even sign a document in agreement to the way you want these features to appear. To me by asking for a fireplace not to be installed, you are saving them both time and money and you would think they would be delighted with this. Might hurry up the completion dates!!!

All of us know that the builders are uncooperative and they are not doing anything to fix this. It is extremely easy to sign a very short (generic) contract stating that house number... does not want to avail of the original specs but has opted for...
I don't know why they did not want to prepare the chimney breast for a hole in the wall electric fire for you. Was it that you approached them late or was the electrical fire very heavy etc.
I urge Mr. Fegus Lynch (AKA MB1) to be more cooperative, read more of our posts and be forthcoming. Personally, I know a few people who would be interested in the second phase but if I tell them that is not going to be good etc, I know they will look somewhere else. The power of the hear-say, media, journalists etc is great in this day and age and it might backfire on the future developers.

regedit2 said:
...... Personally, I know a few people who would be interested in the second phase but if I tell them that is not going to be good etc, I know they will look somewhere else. The power of the hear-say, media, journalists etc is great in this day and age and it might backfire on the future developers.

I agree. It seems that everyone is unhappy, with both the builders and the estate agents and it appears we can do nothing about it.

Sullivans have only opened a new office in Newbridge so you would presume they would want to try to build a good name in the town. This however does not seem to be the case, non-existent customer service, broken promise etc.

I have not dealt with the builders directly yet, but will be in future, and thanks to this forum, I will know what to expect.

I am certainly spreading the word to my friends about the poor service associated with this development, and quite simply we should not have to put up with.

So I want to know what Sullivans and Millbank are going to do about this?

Nothing I expect.

regedit2 said:
All of us know that the builders are uncooperative and they are not doing anything to fix this. It is extremely easy to sign a very short (generic) contract stating that house number... does not want to avail of the original specs but has opted for...
I don't know why they did not want to prepare the chimney breast for a hole in the wall electric fire for you. Was it that you approached them late or was the electrical fire very heavy etc.
I urge Mr. Fegus Lynch (AKA MB1) to be more cooperative, read more of our posts and be forthcoming. Personally, I know a few people who would be interested in the second phase but if I tell them that is not going to be good etc, I know they will look somewhere else. The power of the hear-say, media, journalists etc is great in this day and age and it might backfire on the future developers.

When we approached the builder our house wasn't even built. The foundations weren't even laid because we had visited the site to see what progress was like and noticed a digger on the plot of land where we are going to be. So it wasn't as if it was a last minute request from us. They had plenty of time to draw up some kind of agreement with us and anyone else who would like changes that were at the same stage as us. The fire that we picked out was similar to the one on your previous thread so it wasn't something that was impossible for to be done.
We also have family that would like to buy in the 2nd phase but are being put totally off from our situation. Even at this very early stage for them, they find Sullivans very unhelpful. They enquired about the 2nd phase and was told that it was being launched in March and that they would be contacted but like a previous thread said, their phones don't seem to work for making outgoing calls because they never received one. It was only when they logged on to their website that it said "being launched in Summer". When in sumer is another question. :rolleyes:

orles said:
When we approached the builder our house wasn't even built. The foundations weren't even laid because we had visited the site to see what progress was like and noticed a digger on the plot of land where we are going to be. So it wasn't as if it was a last minute request from us. They had plenty of time to draw up some kind of agreement with us and anyone else who would like changes that were at the same stage as us. The fire that we picked out was similar to the one on your previous thread so it wasn't something that was impossible for to be done.
We also have family that would like to buy in the 2nd phase but are being put totally off from our situation. Even at this very early stage for them, they find Sullivans very unhelpful. They enquired about the 2nd phase and was told that it was being launched in March and that they would be contacted but like a previous thread said, their phones don't seem to work for making outgoing calls because they never received one. It was only when they logged on to their website that it said "being launched in Summer". When in sumer is another question. :rolleyes:

Hard to believe but I believe what you are saying.
Do you reckon they care about us or what we think, feel like etc?
If they want all the houses to be finished as the show houses are,they should have given us washing machines, dishwashers, cookers, tiles etc.
I will send a private message to MB1 just to tell him to view this forum and I might address my concerns.
Sullivan were telling us that Fergus Lynch is a very good architect paying attention to the smallest details etc. What we are asking are really minor things and nothing substantial is done to meet our demands.

The contact details for Milbank which I managed to obtain are:
Tel: 045-435 430
Fax: 045-435 429
No email or postal address.
I urge you to do the same please!

If anyone is traveling from Newbridge (even better Roseberry Hill) towards Dublin, could you please tell me how long it takes to get from there to Citywest under the assumption that one would leave Newbridge at 08:00-08:15. Is it feasible to arrived in Citywest for 40-45 mins after the roadworks on Naas road are completed?
Is it very bad around Wyeth in the mornings? Any shortcuts? I know about the ledt turn at the very bad junction-towards the ramps and the small grocery shop. It is fast but the road in dangerously narrow and I know for sure that it is has black ice in winter?
Thanks.

regedit2 said:
Hmmmm..I doubt he'll be replying to you when you said something like that.Hardly very diplomatic.
The builder is building your house to the spec he provided to your solicitor, is he not? He doesn't have to change anything(although it would be nice if you had the option - obviously at an extra charge!).

I've heard phase 2 had planning permission issues. ie the council turned down the duplex type houses for roseberry,saying it was inappropriate for that type of development, and the area, but soon afterwards approved there own development a few hundred yards away. So i think appeals were lodged. Not sure if they've been aproved now or not.

The houses are actually very well finished ( when you finally move in ;-) !!!!)

DaithiOg said:
Hmmmm..I doubt he'll be replying to you when you said something like that.Hardly very diplomatic.
The builder is building your house to the spec he provided to your solicitor, is he not? He doesn't have to change anything(although it would be nice if you had the option - obviously at an extra charge!).

I've heard phase 2 had planning permission issues. ie the council turned down the duplex type houses for roseberry,saying it was inappropriate for that type of development, and the area, but soon afterwards approved there own development a few hundred yards away. So i think appeals were lodged. Not sure if they've been aproved now or not.

The houses are actually very well finished ( when you finally move in ;-) !!!!)

I only said what I felt and I have at least a dozen private emails from people who think the same. I do not see anything wrong in beeing constructively critical about something that is bothering me. Atthe end of the day, I will be living in that house and not reenting it. Therefore, I would like ro have it nicely finished. Every single poster in this forum has complained about the same things so I am not inventing new problems. I also stated above that the finished houses look nice.
I sent an email to MB1 last night and am hoping to get a reply from him on the issues we have discussed here.
AS far as the council's decision on duplexes is concerned, I approved with it but something tells me that they will have duplexes in phase 2. If they did approve them for their own development, Milbank will appeal their decision and win. So, duplexes we will have. I do not see anything wrong with duplexes as long as they make sure there is sufficient green communal area. In a few years you will see, people will be living in blocks of apartments like they do in most of Europe (something like the Ballimun flats) due to the cost of land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back