RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi... signed contracts on an apartment in rockview block F about 3 weeks ago... spoke with Hooke Mac Donald yesterday & they said snagging letters were coming out this week... was up there at weekend & looks pretty well advanced. They reckon they will be ready in June

In regards to parking... is it only the spaces with numbers that are allocated?I would have thought any space without numbers should be for visitors... are these being clamped too?

Any more feedback on development would be appreciated.... does anyone now how you can get to a bus stop & which bus routes are near by? Is it possible to walk to a bus stop? Also - can anyone give me foremans contact details?

thank!

With regard to parking - friend originally allocated space miles away from her apartment. A few arguments & a solicitors letter she has now been allocated one much closer to her apartment. So I guess if there is a problem with your space fight them on it.

I live in Sandyford View and each apartment was allocated with one parking spot. There is one vistors spot in sandyford view and that was put in after the residents argued with the shannon homes. However, there is a lot of parking in bracken hill if you go under the archway. It is a walk away from our apartment but to put this into perspective it is only a 3 minute walk. The only downfall it is very difficult to direct our visitors to these spots. You will see when you drive down to rockview that all the residents in sandyford view park on the road.

With regard to buses their are plenty of buses from Kilcross which go to the luas, town and to blackrock dart station. A taxi from town is €17. It is a 10 minute walk to sandyford village and 30 minute walk to dundrum shopping centre.

It looks like their will be lots of parking in Rockview and the builders have told us that their will be more visitors parking their too. However, you will be competing with the residents of Sandyford view for these spots.

Good luck with your snag.

barc - how long did it take between doing your first snag and actually moving into your apartment? Are the builders quick about fixing items on the snag list?

Thanks

I think about two weeks. The builders were very quick but we snagged the week before they were finishing up for Christmas so they really put us under pressure to close. Having said that they was very few items on our snag list and they completed everything we asked. We had a few problems afterwards such as leaky radiators and our washing machine broke and they were very quick to respond.

hey - thanks for the information - we were told that there would be ample visitor parking so hopefully that will be accurate.

Hi,

Has anyone received a letter from the builders regarding snagging yet? Was told they would be posted out at end of last week so would arrive Monday 15th May/today. Nothing in post this morning so just wondering has anyone else heard with regard to Block D in particular.

Thanks!

Hey I got a call from Hooke this morning to say the snag letter for my apartment is being posted today. We're in Block D as well. I reckon you'll get a call before they post it.

hey - got our snag letter yesterday (block F)...... so i'm sure yours will be on the way to you shortly

got my snag letter yesterday (Block F) also. Found a snagger on the internet and he's due to go up tomorrow with me to do the list. Only thing is he wants payment up front. Does anyone know if this is the norm. I'm afraid he'll run away with my cash!
As regards parking, since I have to rent out one of my rooms, I bought a 2nd parking space (10K). The contract says both spaces are to be in the vicinity of block F.
Is anyone out there rnting a room in the development. I want to keep the master bedroom for myself so could you tell me how much I'm likely to get for the smaller room.

hi we are doing our snag on Thursday in Block D. Does anybody know if the gas and electric will be connected for the snag? Also our solicitor advised that the apartment would be finished to the same spec as the show apartment - does this include the carpets and wooden floors?

We where told the bathrooms came tiled no shower doors. Kitchen has wall tiles no floor tiles, cupboards and appliances as per the show apartment. Bedroom wardrobes as per show apartment. No flooring hope that helps.

I did my snag today. Crook and McDonald are a pack of liars. Supposedly my apt was to be identical to the show apt! What a load of bull. My spare room (double) will be hard pushed to fit in a double bed and there is no french doors in it just a pokey little window. The bathrooms are also a little smaller than expected with toilet too close to the bath and rad too close to the sink in main bathroom. it's really poorly designed but I am pleased with the U shaped kitchen. it gives more room to the living area. All in all, I'm abit disappointed but after paying deposit, can't get out of it now.
Those getting the cert for the ESB off the foreman, make sure it's for the right address as he gave me the wrong one today so there's going to be a delay in getting the electricity connected until I get it.
Let me know what the rest of you think when you get in to see them.

Bron,
I've bought in Block F in Rockview. When viewing the show apartment, which is 830 sq ft, we were told that our apartment would be smaller so we requested the floor plans and measurements from Hooke & McDonald so we would have a fair idea of what it would be like. Presumably you have signed your contract, otherwise you could still get out of it if you have only paid your deposit and you are not happy with it?

Has anybody else completed their snag list in Block F? We are in the process of signing our contracts so won't be doing ours for another couple of weeks.

Hi Bron,

We've bought in Block D. Hooke and Mc made it very clear that the show apartment was not the same as what we were buying. We were able to work this out anyway from the brochure that showed the floor plans. It was very different to the show apartment i.e. kitchen in a different layout, french doors only in master bedroom, hallway in more of a star shape, whereas the show apartment hallway was more of an L shape. We were assured that the show apartment we were looking at was 757 sq ft, and our apartment is also 757 sq ft, so although the layout was different, the overall size is the same. We got the dimensions from the builders' solicitors too so have a rough idea of what to expect. Just wondering why things such as the window in the 2nd bedroom was a surprise as it is clearly shown on the plans? Sorry - not trying to preach or anything but you do need to study the plans carefully and get the dimensions before signing....:)

Also, we knew when buying that the show apartment was not at all like what we would be getting. In fact a friend of mine stormed out of the show apartment as she was so angry that what they were showing bore no relevance to what they were selling!

I've bought with a friend and we will both be living there - our main concern has been the size of the second bedroom - we're both 50/50 owners so it is a bit unfair to have one of us in a massive master bedroom and the other in a pokey box room. From the dimensions we got from the solicitor, the second bedroom is about 8ft x 11 which is an ok-ish size - it's definitely a double room. We haven't been up to snag yet but you have me worried about the 2nd bedroom! Do you mind me asking what size your apartment is?

Thanks

Hi Sweet Pea,
My apt is 747 sq ft. And the 2nd bedroom is about that size (8x11). I did the measurements yest and yeah it will fit a double bed but not much else. The rad is also situated under the window so it 's kindof in the way if you want to move the furniture around. If you want it just for sleeping it'll be fine. i need to rent mine out but I'll have to drop the asking price as what I had in mind nobody will pay it. Your's might be slightly bigger though if you've a bigger apt.
I do like the living room though.

AS regards the show apt, I viewed one back in Feb and he told me it was same measurements as mine. Now they're showing a diff apt that is bigger. I knew that I couldn't access the patio from the bedroom but the window is quite small and doesn't let much light in. Don't worry about it till you go up and see it. Yours could be different.

I got a guy who lives in Sandyford view to do the snag. None of the doors close properly and theres a few other bits and pieces but apparently the builders are quite good about fixing quickly.

Hi there
I have bought a 2 bed in block D and snagged during the week. Most of the problems were only cosmetic, we had the same issue with the doors not fitting. Overall our surveyor was very happy. In relation to the appliances not being fitted, does anyone know when they will be. Also we were unable to snag the electrics as the power was off....what do I do here, is it up to me to get registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back