RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All !!

I called the council and was told that the proposed development is be located at Blackglen Court. If you drive past Rockview ( RV being on your left) at the junction there's a shop and your right Blackglen Court is on the right somewhere. Apparently there is a planning sign up on the site. I don't imagine it will effect us in anyway.

Rockview

I put a booking deposit on a one bedroom apartment in Rockview on Saturday. I was of the understanding that if you signed contracts within 2 weeks the kitchen appliances were included, but I have since found out that you have to sign the entire contract with deposit of 10% within 2 wks, as I am in the middle of selling my own property, this is very tight for me.
Wondering if any one has or had similar problems with this, any one in Bracken Hill or Sandyford View??

Also anyone know the name of the development beside Rockview?

Cheers

Development beside Rockview Sandyford?

Anyone know the name of the development that they are currently building beside Rockview, Sandyford View? builders-estate agents etc

Cheers

Re: Development beside Rockview Sandyford?

I think the shops are being built beside Rockview. If you mean the houses and Apts its called Ticknock Hill. They are in the Business Post most weekends agent is HOK or H&McD???

Hope that helps !

Daffy

I know Ticknock hill , I was speaking to a foreman on saturday waiting to view Rockview and he told me another name for the development behind Rockview and beside the shops??, just can't think of it?

Are you living up there? I put a deposit on Rockview on Saturday to be now told that the balance of 10% is due in two weeks.. I understood that to be for just the kitchen appliances to be included?? just wondering what Shannon Homes are like to deal with and how strict are they to the 2 week rule??

Hi,

I don't know if this will help but I put a booking deposit on a one bed in Sandyford View on the 3rd March. Because of delays with the mortgage application I didn't sign the contract until 3 weeks later and I didn't give the deposit for another week. However, I'm getting my mortgage application through the Irish Mortgage Corporation who are a sister company of Hooke and MacDonald so my IMC mortgage advisor was able to ok everything with HMD. My solicitor also contacted Shannon Homes about the delay with the deposit and they were ok about it.

So I guess as long as you're upfront and ok everything with HMD and Shannon Homes you'll be ok.

My apartment is already built and the appliances are already fitted so I was more concerned with losing the apartment than really worrying about the appliances.

Thanks for that - Just had IMC on the phone enquiring about mortgage approval, have all that sorted. My problem is that I am selling my own property and doubtful if it will go through in time!

Dont get me wrong I am not worried about the appliances (although would be nice) worried about losing the apartment! :- (

Could you get some kind of bridging loan from IMC to pay the 10% deposit on the basis that you are selling your own property? At least then you wouldn't be under pressure.

Hi Miss Piggy,

I was unaware that was any other developments apart from the shops going beside Rockview. Sorry I cant shed any light on the issue for you. I bought an apartment in Rockview in May 2005 and had to have the contracts and 10% back within two weeks to secure the appliances ( cooker fridge etc) not the apartment. I made them aware it would be roughly 2-3 weeks before I had everything back and they where fine with that. Just get your solicitor in touch with there's is best. Shannon homes have been fine to deal I had extra lights fitted etc but that was months ago now I would imagine its to late now to change the spec. I sent HOK an email a few weeks ago about visitor parking and received no response at all.

Back again!

Who is the management company for Rockview ? and how good are they?

My experience with management companies is not good, they are a necessary evil! but you can tell by the Bracken Hill & Sandyford VIew complexs that they must be good

I will have to check the contract I cant remember off hand. I agree it all looks lovely so they must be good. I had a chat with someone in Sandyford View the other day and cars are being clamped so tell your guests when you do move in to be aware !!

miss piggy
The management company is KPM. We purchased in Block D of Rockview and it took several weeks to get contracts signed and deposit paid over. Incidentally we managed to negotiate a contract depost lower than 10%. Speak with your mortgage broker in IMC and ask them to do some negotiating for you re the deposit. Make sure your solicitor contacts the builder's solicitor to let them know of any delays. In our experience they have been flexible enough.
Does anybody have an update on completion date? Are we still on for early June?

Hi all

Thanks - good to know Shannon Homes are flexible enough : - )

Just with regard to parking - I took a drive up there at the weekend. There is indeed no visitor parking in the latest set of apartments that are occupied. Also I noticed the clamping notices everywhere. I've bought a two-bed apartment with a friend and we will both be living there - we both have cars. Does that mean that one of us will effectively have nowhere to park for fear of being clamped? What are other current residents who have two cars doing? And where do visitors park? Should this be raised with Hooke & McDonald or directly with Shannon Homes to ensure the phase due for completion in June has visitor parking?

Thanks!

I sent an email to HOK about two weeks ago about parking and have heard nothing back. We where told when we bought last year that there would be "AMPLE" visitor parking. I had a chat with a resident of Sandyford View and he informed me that the residents have sent letters the HOK regarding parking or the lack of. He also said that the clampers do clamp cars even at weekends ! We have 2 cars as well and apart from buying an extra parking space I am not sure what we are going to do.

It's not looking good ! :mad:

Hi Daffy,

I rang Hooke & Mc today. They said that there is definitely visitor parking available - that it is not necessarily in front of each block. For example, there is some in Sandyford View and some at the back of Bracken Hill. They are not sure yet as to whether the builders will put in more for the latest release but say there should be enough to go around with what's already there!

Sweet Pea

i visited a friend up there a couple of weekends ago on a horrible rainy night & there is visitor parking but it is miles away from her apt. Also her own parking space is a considerable distance from her apt - pain when you are bringing in shopping etc. I think most of the residents are going mad.

& only 1 space per apt - so visitor parking being used up by residents.
Sounds like a bit of a mess to me,

A quick update - I received an email from Hooke&MacDonald this morning to say that the builders will be sending out the snag letters from early May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back