Returning Radiator to Aldi ; No receipt

ALDI Area Manager contacted me yesterday, said if I brought up LASER Receipt up, they would check items on list , and if fire was on , they would refund.

When I queried Asst. Managers arrogance in stating otherwise, he stated he was in training.

I have 3 months from purchase to bring it back according to him. He was a smart This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language as well.

Motto of this story: Buy all goods with Plastic !!!

Not even M&S offer a refund without a receipt (they'll give you a replacement or a credit note).

I'm not surprised at Aldi not accepting the return of the radiator without a receipt. As far as they're concerned, it could have been bought elsewhere or even stolen! That's one of the main purposes of a receipt.
+1

ALDI Area Manager contacted me yesterday, said if I brought up LASER Receipt up, they would check items on list , and if fire was on , they would refund.

When I queried Asst. Managers arrogance in stating otherwise, he stated he was in training.

I have 3 months from purchase to bring it back according to him. He was a smart This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language as well.

Motto of this story: Buy all goods with Plastic !!!

What if the product is faulty and they can see this, you don't have the receipt, but they are happy that you bought it in that store, and will offer a refund.
However, it appears the item was sold at a reduced price subsequent to when you bought it, and this is the price they will refund, not the full purchase price you paid. I was not aware that the item was ever reduced and doubt that it was in this particular store (lidl) as I never saw it there again after the original offer.
I have bank statements showing I shopped there when the item was originally in stock, but then I shop in the store every week so I'm not sure what that proves...

The manager is to call me tomorrow as he was not on duty today.

I can't see anything to cover this on the consumer association website.

Back