Problem with Ryder Cup tickets.

Re: Ryder Cup Tickets Face Value - How Much

Face value they were €100 each (+20 for parking)

Ryder Cup north car park pass

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][/SIZE][/SIZE]Whe I got the email re the delivery of my Ryder Cup tickets the email stated -

"There are two Park & Ride Venues, one to the North (Weston Aerodrome) and one to the South (Palmerstown House, Johnstown). Please note that space in the North Park & Ride is limited and subject to availability. If you do not indicate a preference you will be assigned to the South Park & Ride. "

Therefore I never logged in and was expecting a south car parking pass in the post.

I should have known better, a North car park pass arrived with my tickets!

I have emailed them three times now without so much as an automated 'we got your email' reply. I am travelling from the South and do not need an additional hour in the car each way.

Has this happened to anyone else???

Don't know about phones been banned on practice days but cameras are permitted on practice days.

Last edited:
Thanks to messages I discovered I got tickets for Weston despite asking for South parking. This Ryder Cup organising crowd are THE most unhelpful unresponsive anti-consumer group you will ever encounter. They even billed me in sterling not euro at start and I was months trying to get a refund.I just feel like protesting outside the gate because ordinary golf fans are not wanted inside.

Does anyone want to swap a South Car park ticket for a North Car Park Ticket (which I have).

Has anyone managed to get Ryder Cup to change them (or even gotten a reply to an email regarding this!!!)

I'm in the same boat as you Bonafide, have North Car Park ticket despite asking for South Car Park ticket, I live in Newbridge, so makes no sense for me to go to Weston, Johnstown is only 10 mins drive away. I emailed RCTS but no response from them so I'm planning on simply turning up at South Car Park with my North Car Park sticker, not sure this will work but I don't see that I have an alternative!

Re Practice days..
Anyone clarified the position re 'no food or drink' allowed in?
Does it mean no water bottles or just an alcohol ban, and one cant take the sambos either!
Runner

My mum won 2 Tickets for Thursday. Tickets delivered today and no parking tickets - where can she purchase a car parking ticket at this stage. She will be travelling from kilkenny area.

Re Practice days..
Anyone clarified the position re 'no food or drink' allowed in?
Does it mean no water bottles or just an alcohol ban, and one cant take the sambos either!
Runner

Don't worry too much about the hang sangwiches - if John Eagletons mid range forecast for next w/end is correct 'tis a pair of waders you'll need to be packing. :D

Yes, indeed ClubMan did, butt, to answer the question, yes, mobiles are banned on all practise days. All items on the banned list (ladders and frisbees included) apply to all days (Tuesday through Sunday) with the exception of cameras which are allowed on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday practise days ! I am going tomorrow and will eat €9.50 hot dogs with the rest of the 'real' people :p I'm almost afraid to bring my camera though as I've had recurring nightmares of a Mayo Garda and the smack of a surgical glove as he takes out the All Ireland defeat on me !

Has anyone heard on whether they are stringent with the ID ticket match for practise days

Hi, i was there yesterday and they checking that the photo id matched the name on the ticket.
Don't know if passport was necessary, but i had it in case.
Hope thats of help!
Carter

thanks for the reply - I have a ticket for myself but I want to bring someone other than the original ticket - so I am worried

I know someone who was there on Tuesday. He brought his passport which did not match the name on the ticket. He got through no problem. Therefore no need to worry

I have been told by someone working on security on the gate that you should bring a letter of transfer from the orginal ticket holder & I think a copy of their ID plus of course photo ID for the person going.....not sure if this is all necessary, but this is what I'm doing tomorrow with my sister's ticket

I have been told by someone working on security on the gate that you should bring a letter of transfer from the orginal ticket holder & I think a copy of their ID plus of course photo ID for the person going.....not sure if this is all necessary, but this is what I'm doing tomorrow with my sister's ticket

Probably a bit late now but you can just drive to the park & ride sites without a prepaid parking ticket and you will be charged the 20 euro on exit.

Back