Problem with Ryder Cup tickets.

The World Cup in Germany did something similar with passports. One of mates had to drop out of the trip and another friend took over. He had no problems getting into any of the grounds. Then again, there probably wasn't quite the same paranoia about the World Cup as there will be at the Ryder Cup. Thankfully I'm not that big a golf fan.

Conditions of Sale on the Ryder Cup web site;

10. Proof of identity and age, where an age concession is claimed, may be required.

No mention of photo id must match name on ticket however if they say "may be required..." is enough to ensure I have photo id.

Anyone who has not yet got their tickets ! BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID !
When tickets still had not arrived within the promised "4 to 6 weeks" I got a DHL contact reference no. to track them down. It said that they were with a courier in Dublin on 28th. Aug. I rang DHL & after a 20 min. wait was told that the courier found no person available to take delivery but would have put a note about this in the door.There has been somebody at home 24/7 all week & no notice ever came through the mailbox. Worst of all DHL stated that they would not be delivered again because "they were so busy & were only making one attempt " i.e. no further call back or phone call was being made. They did say if I called to depot with I/D they would have them there. When I got there to find a long queue & only one counterhand I found almost everybody was trying to collect tickets that should have been delivered but weren't. Some tickets could not be traced at all & my own took 20 minutes to find. If I had not contacted Ryder Cup people & DHL. the tickets would never have been delivered.The guy I spoke to admitted that the system was in chaos & they couldn't cope with such an unprecedented volume of small one off deliveries in diverse housing estates. Even clerical staff like himself had been going around Dublin after work trying to deliver hence the experience of a previous contributor to AAM who got his tickets at 1030 p.m. last Saturday night.
I would be very surprised if a vast number of people were not still waiting for their tickets.
One final point that may be helpful to know is that if you are going on more than one day you will still get only one personalised ticket to cover all admissions to the course. I myself will not be able to attend on one of these days so the ticket & my money will be wasted as they will not transfer or refund anything.
It must be easier to get into Fort Knox than the K Club.

No sign of mine yet......did you get your DHL tracking number from an email or track it down yourself, if so how did you manage to get it?

The Ryder Cup ticket office won't reply to any of my mails & I can't find a number for them.....getting a little bit worried!

Haven't got mine yet either - spoke to DHL yesterday and they told me that they haven't yet received some of the tickets from the Ryder Cup people to deliver.

They said to check back next week if they haven't come in the meantime

I entered my tracking number on DHL's website last night and it said:

Monday 4th Sept 12:30pm - with courier in Dublin
Wednesday 6th Sept 12:30pm - with courier in Dublin

I have no idea what's going on . No-one is at home during the day and no note has been put through the door.

I guess I will attempt to pick them up somehow as I'm not optimistic that they will deliver them.

Has everybody received their email from The Ryder Cup people giving them a DHL tracking number? (I haven't)

Got a call from DHL agent saying tickets could be collected from the local supermarket car park on Saturday afternoon.

Eventually found him in a plain white van - no DHL markings to be seen. He said he had another 12 sets of tickets to distribute in the area.

I've still not got mine and I am a worried man! Going on holiday on Wed morning for a week then come back and 24 hours later supposed to be flying to Dublin for you know what..... Somebody please help...............
I can't believe how Mickey Mouse this is............!!!!

I rang the DHL Santry depot warehouse direct, tricked the number out of a sales rep., and they told me the tickets were ready for collection. I got no note thru the door either. They asked were I got the number but then were quite willing to help. The number is 01 8161082 but I was also told to try 81, 83, 84, and 85. I presume this only aplies to northside though as the depot is for Dublin north.

I rang the Ryder Cup people at 0044/1614921800 & they were able to give me a DHL tracking number at least, but DHL don't have the tickets on their system......if we ever make it we're going to be the most stressed out fans at a big event ever!

My father and I entered the lottery last year and received 2 tickets each (Sat & Sun). He passed away last winter and his guest decided not to go, since my Dad won't be there. So my Mom is left with two tickets for people that won't be there. I've sent an email to RCTS, but have received no reply - although I did get the tickets via DHL last week and we live in Indiana, USA. I'm not sure what else to do, but hate to think that my Mom is out E420 with no recourse. If anyone else has heard back from RCTS with a similar situation, please let me know.

They didn't reply to any of my emails either.....I found them quite helpful on 1614921800, might be worth a call

Golfmad,

You are exactly right. I called the number (1614921800) and spoke to a very friendly and helpful person. She assured me the committee would help me with the two tickets given the extraordinary circumstances. She promised to call me (in the States) tomorrow to let me know whether I can transfer the tickets or just receive a refund (I explained that either would work for me).

Thanks for the advice.

No problem Transplant, let me know how you get on........more good news,I received my tickets yesterday (only 4 hours after they went on the DHL system), also they did make the name change from my wife to my son as requested

How are all those tickets available on ebay if they are linked to your passport no. etc?

Can you get open tickets from the lottery??

Ryder Cup Tickets Face Value - How Much

Just wondering if anyone can tell me, how much tickets were at face value for the Saturday. Was there different grades of ticket?

Back