Plasterer Needed

MichaelBurke

I have been trying to get a plasterer to do a bit of plastering in my bathroom for a little while. I have arranged for three to call out and give me estimates, none of them arrived. It's not a particularly big job but really getting on my wick at this stage. Does anyone know a reliable plasterer who can help?

I'm based in Ballinteer and called a guy called shane on a friday and we had the plastering finished on Monday. He did a very neat job. 0876559897.

I'm looking for a plasterer too, I cant believe how unreliable many of them seem to be.

I have just been stood up for the third day by plasterers who were to come to plaster our extension. Normally I wouldn't mind so much but my wife is due to have our second baby late next week and the house is in a state.

After he stood me up again today I rang him 8 times before he bothered to send me the following text message; "Sorry I cant get 2 you 2 lads out sick get someone else".

I'm absolutely seething!

I have the name of a guy in Navan/trim area if that's any use - he's pretty good

Cheers liteweight I will give Steve a call. I bet he's busy after that thread though. Hey ney001 please PM we that number, Im in Bray, so it may be too far for him to travel, but I will give him a call. Thanks.

I could do with the number of the guy in Navan/Trim please if you don't mind posting it. I take it he's reliable and good along with fairly priced!

Cheers liteweight I will give Steve a call. I bet he's busy after that thread though. Hey ney001 please PM we that number, Im in Bray, so it may be too far for him to travel, but I will give him a call. Thanks.

There is a guy Joe Wheelan from outside Shankill did a good plastering job for me a couple of years ago, and a couple of other jobs since. His number is 086-8306826. He is usually busy but reliable & honest & not too expensive.

Shane arrived out today when he said he would and job now done. Would recommend him to anyone. Not too expensive and a neat job.

Thanks guys, all sorted we have a guy starting tomorrow. Not any of the recommended ones from here, but another guy that comes highly recommended by a builder relation of mine. Hopefully he is as good as I am lead to believe.
Thanks

I could do with the number of the guy in Navan/Trim please if you don't mind posting it. I take it he's reliable and good along with fairly priced!

0868377962 plasterer based in Trim (think his name is John). I actually found this guy because we put a notice up on the board in both Lidl and supervalue in Navan - this was my dad's idea we wrote down what we had (room size) and that we needed job done quick and reasonably priced and a couple of guys rang, this guy seemed pretty good and did an excellent job for us - 2 lads working for a full day, plastering walls and ceiling in bathroom and kitchen - charged €500 - it was quite a bit of work so we were fairly happy with the price. I do recommend notice boards though - all of the workmen we have got so far have been from notice boards any from golden pages etc never worked out - always too busy or too expensive, we got a plumber who is an absolute gem and also a roofer from notice boards - both are absolutely excellent and very reasonable.

Back