Pesky Cats

So if you did shoot one it would be legal to do so if it strayed onto your property you could claim that you were indeed protecting yourself from the free spirited wild animal ..... Interesting..:D

I feel like some hapless celebrity who has had his words horribly twisted by some unscrupulous journalist! :eek:

Gotsomenow- you arew obviously an animal lover. Can I ask your views on whether cat owners have a moral obligation to provide their feline companion with a litter tray and training on how to use it?

It would be fair to say that it would be a rare occurance where you would have to train a cat to use a litter tray, they do it naturally once introduced to it. But if they are out admiring the flowers in your garden, they are highly unlikely to go skipping back to their own house for a wee :)

I'm not sure if this is entirely true. Does the cat go into shock everytime it rains ?

Of course not, but a human running towards it and then throwing a cup/bucket of water over it hardly compares with rainfall, unless maybe you are in the amazon.

The cat will never understand that doing their business in a garden is a problem - no amount of sitting down and talking to them will get your point across. The only alternative therefore is to have them associate something unpleasant (i.e. the chance of getting wet) with a particular garden resulting in a poop-free zone.

Sure then you might hope to yourself that the cat is in your garden when it starts raining, and they will be so horrified from experiencing such unpleasantness in your garden they will never return. Cats don't really work that way. They are persistant and cheeky devils.

What if I want to have mice in my garden and your cat is constantly scaring them away/killing them ? Mice are as entitled to an existence as cats.

You could always get a nice little cage with a wheel and keep them inside :)

This should sort you right out :D

[broken link removed]

Last edited:
I saw a program about parasites once, and apparently a lot of us have toxoplasmosis without even realising.

Couldn't you get an ultrasonic thingy for the cat and another for the mice/rats? The energy costs are beginning to mount but it might be an option.

Back