onlinetradesmen.ie - experiences?

L0llip0p

Hi,

I'm looking for prices on paving section of our back garden and I came across onlinetradesmen.ie.

Has anyone use these site before? I'd like to know if the general experience has been good or bad?

I have used them three times for plasterer, carpenter and (forget what third one was) found it absolutely brilliant. The plasterer was fantastic, I got responses in 24 hours, guy came out the next day and started work that week, same with carpenters - although I got about 15 responses in 24 hours for this. I found the service to be so efficient & it saved me so much time ringing around and waiting for people to call out.

Highly recommended

I have found tradesmen reply very quickly.

It's helpful to see what the ballpark figures for work are.

I have found someone via this to resurface my kitchen, and he seems excellent so far

Nicola

very good website, i've used it and found the guys who are on it are eager to work, highly recommend

We have used the site recently for house alarm, the service from company was very efficient and quick response.
We are now back on the site looking for tiler and carpenter!

dont suppose you remember the carperters name you used form the site?

Hogg

I must be doing something wrong - I tried using the site to get someone to tarmac our driveway and never heard anything back - I used the email function, did everyone else here just ring someone?

M

Hello L0llip0p,

I placed an advert on onlinetradesmen.ie on Monday, also for paving, strange:)

I received two rough quotes. I have one guy calling out on Monday to have a look at the job to give me a proper quote. I just need a small patio area layed and a path to the garden shed.

I will let you know how I get on.

djsim, thanks....please do.

it all sounds pretty positive stuff though so fingers crossed.

I must be doing something wrong - I tried using the site to get someone to tarmac our driveway and never heard anything back - I used the email function, did everyone else here just ring someone?

M

I put in my email and phone number and they contacted me, didn't have to ring anybody!

I had some interest in registering with them as a tradesman. They would text me details of a job with a ref number. Full details come at a price, from €2 to €15. I have never paid them for a lead.

i get leads from them every day but can only take a few because some are outside my area. i'm the only person in my trade in the limerick area and if i want a lead i have to pay them for it.

it has nothing to do with the size of the job , it's the cost of the lead.

Davyjones & MrBishi are your thinking of tradesmen.ie? by any chance? onlinetrademen.ie you log in as a tradesmen and see the work in your area & skills selected, you pay an annual subscription rather than a lead price.
I have used both (as a tradesman not consumer) and find both have pros & cons. Feedback from consumer is that onlinetradesmen.ie gives a broader selection of replies as more information is given to the tradesman.

My mother in law used the service a few weeks ago to get a bit of a patio and some planting done . She got two quotes after placing the ad. Three turned up and only two quoted for it. Having said that the company that did do the job were very good and even gave her a plan of the patio before they started so she knew what she was getting. We will have a driveway to do soon and will used the same company. So I would say it is a good service.

I used tradesmen.ie recently and was badly let down by the guy who agreed to do the job (replace kitchen tap). I booked a half day off work the day after so I could be here when he arrived. He never showed up. Refused to answer my calls, texts. Sent an email to the service providers. They didn't care. My hunch is that he got a more lucrative job closer to where he was and said to hell with myself!
Based on my experience, I cannot recommend these guys because if a better job shows up, you may find yourself stood up like I was.

Back