Online dating

I took it to mean something offensive but maybe I am bad-minded.

On-line dating wasn't common when I was single but dating via personal ads etc was definitely considered embarrassing. Actually any guy especially who was considered to be aggressively looking for someone was pitied. But then if they actually met someone they were applauded.

I remember an old family friend who was too shy to even talk to a woman until he turned 40, then he suddenly decided he wanted to meet and marry someone and went out EVERYWHERE in an all-out effort to find a wife ( and made no bones about what his intentions were). I used to meet him at the local rugby club where he basically went around chatting everyone up, asking for dates, even a dance- he was incorrigible. He was generally sniggered at for about a year, then he met a gorgeous girl, and married her and had children and now everyone says- wasn't he the smart fellow!

For some reason it's considered trying too hard if you want to meet someone and show it. But sure, isn't that what most people want?:confused:

So what the hell, you'll be a long time regretting the things you don't do.

First Sunny says

Thanks, I would but I reckon my fiancee would castrate me!! I would be crap at covering my tracks as well. Always figured it would be too much work to have an affair! Don't know how people do it

Then truthseeker says

Its fun - and its a great way of meeting someone

Don't worry truthseeker we won't say a word.

We will match you up with someone on here?

You could try this poster
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=782952&postcount=55

I'd say so - it's very silly IMO - there is still a stigma amongst the "propping up the bar and talking crap" types.

And what's wrong with propping up the bar a talking crap.

I speak that language fluently.

She is indeed.

I'm not sure if I get you but I presume you are thinking she is very anxious to settle down and get married and you'd be right.
Actually, I was alluding to her saving money. I presume most fellows push the boat out with a first date.

Back