Online dating

I wouldnt exactly call it online dating but I got chatting to a guy online once. Website in question didnt allow passing on of contact details like email etc but he mentioned to me where he worked. I figured I liked him and wouldnt mind meeting up though he didnt know this til I phoned him at work and we exchanged numbers and met up that weekend. We will be married 3 years in May.
So that guy found someone who was into dressing up in fetish gear... or was that someone else? :p

Well I have to say, in all seriousness, without attempt at flirtation nor intent to embarrass, if MandaC's 'posting personality' is anything to go by, she sounds absolutely charming. So there. :)

Well I have to say, in all seriousness, without attempt at flirtation nor intent to embarrass, if MandaC's 'posting personality' is anything to go by, she sounds absolutely charming. So there. :)

You sweet talker!

Actually do we know where she stands on the whole public versus private sector debate? Not sure the camps are allowed to mix judging by various posts on the subject!!

get a room

......And flattery, folks, will get you everywhere!!

I know a girl doing online dating. I'm so exhausted listening to her - not joking in 4 months she must have had 50 dates.

I know a girl doing online dating. I'm so exhausted listening to her - not joking in 4 months she must have had 50 dates.

There seems to be a lot of girls doing this online dating. Why wasn't it around when I was single! I presume plenty of men do it as well. Is it just that they don't admit to it?

i worked for a company that ran one of the online dating sites, i was managing the site so had to put up a profile, was only 3 weeks single so i was honest and said sure why not... I will be 2 years with my DP in April, living together a year on friday..

He is very embarrased that he was on a dating site, he was sick of pub/clubs and thought he had nothing to loose by being on a dating site, none of his friends know the real way we met cause he's afraid they'd slag him

i worked for a company that ran one of the online dating sites, i was managing the site so had to put up a profile, was only 3 weeks single so i was honest and said sure why not... I will be 2 years with my DP in April, living together a year on friday..

He is very embarrased that he was on a dating site, he was sick of pub/clubs and thought he had nothing to loose by being on a dating site, none of his friends know the real way we met cause he's afraid they'd slag him

Nice one. I presume you didn't call yourself Angrygirl on that site though!

Nice one. I presume you didn't call yourself Angrygirl on that site though!

Trying to think back, think mine might have been wickedwitch cos that was my email at the time before i had to start applying for jobs

I presume plenty of men do it as well. Is it just that they don't admit to it?

I'd say so - it's very silly IMO - there is still a stigma amongst the "propping up the bar and talking crap" types. It's as if you're less than a man because you had to "resort" to a dating site. I really don't know what the big deal is - TBH I think I'd find it quite exciting but mostly it's just a sensible, practical way of giving yourself a better chance of finding the right person.

I really don't know what the big deal is - TBH I think I'd find it quite exciting but mostly it's just a sensible, practical way of giving yourself a better chance of finding the right person.

I view it as just another way to social network.
People meet people in bars/clubs/at social events/penpals back before there was email/through other friends...etc....etc....

Online dating is just another one of those ways to connect with a human.

tis a loss to me it wasnt there in my time, only ever had modest success in the pub/niteclub scene:). Not complaining re my current blissfull existance or anything (in case herself scans this thread ;)).

Friend of mine seems well on their way to a day out arising from online dating so I think its a great idea.

How can you expect to get to know someone when you cant even hear them in a niteclub - plus niteclubs are such a "one night stand" scenario. At least with online, you know there's only a 10% chance of hooking up, but its a small investment, small loss of face/esteem if it doesnt work out.

She is indeed.

I'm not sure if I get you but I presum you are thinking she is very anxious to settle down and get married and you'd be right.

I took it to mean she was getting lots of free dinners so helping her save up!

Back