Not rip-off Ireland

Vanilla said:
Where exactly is Brodericks? Fancy a little ferry trip coming on across the Shannon!

About halfway between Gort and Feakle. Around 20 minutes drive off the Limerick/Galway road, turning off outside Gort. (I'm only used to coming at it from the North, so you may take a different route).

Re: Broderick furniture store....

Have bought a lot of furnitre from Brodericks and never found the wait too long. Bought a lovely solid Ash dresser for my kichen at less than a 1/3 than anywhere else i had looked and ditto on a 6ft bed/matress. We live in Cork and they deliverd by the following week. They have a HUGE stock of goods and you can haggle with them a bit which is good too if buying more than one item especially. I would highly recommend them and have done to a lot of friends who were also happy!

The outside of the premises can look just like a house but it is massive inside. Would recommend a trip there.

Bouncing of course

tip: bounce like hell on all new beds so as to discover early any faults in construction, sometimes discover how well your house is built as well. ;-)

Where exactly is Brodericks? Fancy a little ferry trip coming on across the Shannon!
It's in Killaneena, Co. Clare. Coming from Galway, take a left a few miles south of Gort (signposted Scariff, I think). Follow the road for 5/6 miles, and as you round one of the bends you'll come across a large rambling barn of a place on the RHS. There's no sign, but it's the only place like it.

Allow plenty of time to look around and be served. If you're getting items delivered you may need to be patient. But the prices are worth it.

>Bouncing of course

Ahem. Did you mention to the Company that you were...stress testing...
then bed? They mightn't have been so willing to fork over a refund.

-Rd

It was a tongue in cheek remark, thought the ;-) would've indicated this but reading the post again perhaps not, to clarify, we didn't do anything unusual in the bed.

When did bouncing vigorously in bed become unusual? It's only unusual when the bed starts leaving the floor. Unless that's because of the earth moving :)

Car,

Have you got any sites for the window shopping you were doing ?

4K sounds like a good saving !

Just back from Hols in South East France near Spanish border - couldnt get a pint of lager there for less than €4.40. Compares to a pint of Guiness at €3.55 and Heineken at €4 where I live down the Wesht - maybe we are not so badly off. Noticed too that petrol ranged anywhere from €1.12 to €1.26 per L - but we are well on our way to that now I suppose!

South East France near Spanish border...?
If you mean down around Languedoc/Roussillon area, I'm amazed at those prices. I've spent a lot of time down 'round there, and never paid more than €1.40/€1.50 for a demi (i.e. €2.80/€3.00 for a pint - well, OK, 500ml as opposed to 568ml...)

And of course you could buy 24x 500ml bottles of beer for well under €20, in the supermarkets.

What/where were you drinking, exactly? :confused:

I know the petrol over there has become dearer than in Ireland, in recent times - but I've never really liked the taste of it, anyway... :D

Driving back from Longford recently we drove through Edgeworthstown and the hotel there had a sign outside with "full Irish breakfast 5 euro" but we decided to stop further on in a small village where we have had quite a few meals over the years.

Ordered two breakfasts, there was no sign of a menu,the food was very nice but the cost for the meal was 18.90 which I thought was a rip off.

I will pay more atention to billboard advertising in future.

Ordered two breakfasts, there was no sign of a menu

Eh? If true, this is surely a breach of ODCA regulations? Its a long long time since I saw a restaurant or food outlet in this country that did not have a price list.

Not rip-off Ireland?

Walked into Supervalue yesterday.

€1.75 for ONE can of budweiser at their 'low' price.

LMFAO

This country is the laughing stock of consumers in Europe.

Steve said:
€1.75 for ONE can of budweiser at their 'low' price.

LMFAO

This country is the laughing stock of consumers in Europe.

I really have to smile at this one. Having lived in quite a few European countries I know that anyone who would drink a can of Budweiser would be considered the laughing stock of Europe irrespective of the cost of the can. (Sorry Steve!)

Holiday in Galway recently. Bodkin bar in the Kingsvalley hotel near GMIT.

Ate several times, evening and lunch. Same prices all day. 10 euro for the three nicest pasta dishes we have EVER had. 0.70 cents for lunch for my 2-yr old. 4 Euro for my 5-yr old.

Smashing value. Smashing food. Go there.

Heading to Galway next month with the family so will try Bodkins. Where and what is the GMIT? Thanks

Back