No end to media bad news hype

It turns out is wasn't the moaning Corkonians but diplomacy that caused the Russians to relocate their manoeuvres.
Can you give us the gist of it - it's behind IT paywall for me...

Did the Russians do it to get concessions from us at the UN over Ukraine? In which case it was their plan all along...

Can you give us the gist of it - it's behind IT paywall for me...

Did the Russians do it to get concessions from us at the UN over Ukraine? In which case it was their plan all along...
It was official whinging, behind the scenes. I suspect there were still Cork people involved.
We were less cowardly than usual and were a bit outspoken in the UN. That sort of thing. It served our interests.

I'm sure we'll be back to our usual snivelling craven cynicism now that Russia aren't misbehaving in our back yard.

It turns out is wasn't the moaning Corkonians but diplomacy that caused the Russians to relocate their manoeuvres.

Hang on now, was that diplomacy not directed by the Cork Taoiseach and the Cork Minster for Foreign Affairs?

Or is this just some attempted one upmanship by a Jackeen paper?

Personally, I think the fishermen started it, then Putin was watching the Fitzgibbon cup during the week and saw the UCC jerseys and then someone sent him that video of the Rock O'Sullivan demolishing Limerick men and Roy Keane breaking legs and he, to borrow a quote from our Scottish cousins, went home to think again.

Hang on now, was that diplomacy not directed by the Cork Taoiseach and the Cork Minster for Foreign Affairs?

Or is this just some attempted one upmanship by a Jackeen paper?

Personally, I think the fishermen started it, then Putin was watching the Fitzgibbon cup during the week and saw the UCC jerseys and then someone sent him that video of the Rock O'Sullivan demolishing Limerick men and Roy Keane breaking legs and he, to borrow a quote from our Scottish cousins, went home to think again.
An excellent and insightful assessment.

Back