No end to media bad news hype

W200

After two years of constant bad news and hysteria surrounding covid is it too much to ask for a short break from the doom and gloom so beloved by mainstream media . By the way I am fully vaccinated a firm believer in the medical solution and know that covid has brought doom and gloom to many people .
No sooner had the tentative all clear on the medical front been issued than the shouts of " The Russians are coming " were ringing out loudly. As far as I am aware the Russian , Ukrainian issue has been simmering for years so why the need to hype it like imminent disaster right now.
Please . Just a break from all the bad news and yes of course I know I can change the channel , stop reading newspapers etc etc . :eek:

Tell me about it. Was loving the story on social media of Alfie the 12 year old Welsh rugby player whose Dad put up on facebook that he had to remove a comment saying he was too fat to play under 12's....... The world of rugby united in sending him love, jerseys and invites from all over the world....

Then the Dad's racist homophobic tweets of 10 years ago were discovered....

A story that should be told to all young people. The internet never forgets....

Spare a thought for our boys and girls in the Navy. They'll be knackered by the time they row out to those Russians.
That's one way to evade radar... they'll have a reporter from the Skibbereen Eagle along as well, I assume.

Covid was ended for the Russians as even the media were running out of material and losing the will to live listening to themselves

Do the people of New Zealand know anything about the situation in Ukraine?
If so it's vital that they hear the soothing words of Mick and Clare.
If they did, covid would be replaced by shipping manoeuvres too.
Must look for a contact number for Ms Ardern and whoever's in charge of the media but if it's like Ireland one phonecall will do

After two years of constant bad news and hysteria surrounding covid is it too much to ask for a short break from the doom and gloom so beloved by mainstream media .
And of all the mainstream media RTE completely overdosed on the Covid stuff. I was talking to a guy from the North over Christmas and he couldn't believe the hysteria here over Covid, he said RTE had all the old people scared stiff over Covid

After two years of constant bad news and hysteria surrounding covid is it too much to ask for a short break from the doom and gloom so beloved by mainstream media
Well somebody in the HSE must have heard you because now according to RTE news the HSE will no longer report Covid cases over the weekend
Has the Pandemic now been reduced to a Monday to Friday event, now that's a bit of good news ;)

And of all the mainstream media RTE completely overdosed on the Covid stuff.
They're just called the media, not the mainstream media. Facebook and Twitter and nut-jobs in general are not the 'alternative' media. They are just nut-jobs.
I agree that the Public Sector Broadcaster over-hyped Covid.

And of all the mainstream media RTE completely overdosed on the Covid stuff. I was talking to a guy from the North over Christmas and he couldn't believe the hysteria here over Covid, he said RTE had all the old people scared stiff over Covid
That might explain why the death rate in NI from Covid is at least twice as high as south of the border.

Back