Nespresso: I priced one in Debenhams for over €200 but it was €179 in 2 other stores.

Hillsalt

Has anyone bought a Newspresso coffee machine?It a lazyman's coffee maker and it makes beautiful coffee.
I priced one in Debenhams for over €200 but it was €179 in 2 other independent retailers.

There seems to be a catch. The sales guy said that you can only buy the coffee in Brown Thomas or online.

I am still eager to buy one.

Any opinions or experiences?

I'm a regular user of Nespresso, having had a machine for about 3 years. I tried different types of espresso capsules but now only buy the one I preferred. I have a basic macj=hine and it works fine, little or no maintenmance and it's always available,just fill the waster container, switch on,put in a capsule and 1-2 minutes later, a good espresso.
The machine only takes Nespresso capsules and these are only available from Nespresso online or in the Nespresso shop in Brown Ts. Cost is about 35c or so for a capsule either way. It's not bad for a sure and consistent (& trouble-free) espresso with no trouble and no cleaning of machines etc.
I recommend it as a system.

Do you recommend buying the machine online (if so, where) or Debenhams as OP said?

I'd be interested to buy one also.

I'm a fan of Nespresso also. I have a magimix. I bought mine in Debenhams a few years ago and buy the capsules both in Brown Thomas when I'm in town and also online. Their online delivery service is very speedy. Also, the customer support from Nespresso is second to none. A piece on mine broke and a new part was couriered out to me from London free of charge (for both the courier and the part). The best customer service I ever experienced.

Thanks. Ye have sold the idea to me.

Also, I saw Newspressos on sale in El Cotre Ingles in Spain. Are the capsules a lot cheaper to buy there or am I just being a tight git over a few cents?

I love my Nespresso!! We got it in the electrical outlet in Kildare Village, saved about 20 euro I think compared to regular shop prices.

When you join the Nespresso club you can get a huge box of all the kinds of coffee at a bargain rate...worked my way through that and now top op like lou2, a mix of online and instore.

Nespresso is quick, clean and actually doesn't work out that expensive per pod.

Thanks for all the info.

Another here in the market for a Nespresso. I see if you buy in the UK you get a voucher for GBP40 against future purchases, presumably this is similar to the €60 discussed in the previous thread? Is that €60 promotion available every year does anyone know.

I have a magimix food processor that I swear by so might go for this nespresso

Anyone got one? Recommended? It will get light enough use, a couple in the morning and evening.

Is the aeroccino essential for lattes and cappuccinos?

On this subject, what type of descaler do these machine need? is it specialized or the usual stuff in the supermarkets?

S

There's a special nespresso descaler, think there may be several different ones depending on your machine actually. Costs about €10 for two in BT.

How do you know what coffee pods to buy? (flavour wise). There seem to be so many to choose from!

You get a sample pack with the machine, one of each of the blends...so you get to try them all. Also the big box you can buy at the start when you register the machine has at least 2 sleeves of each type.

An espresso in the evening :eek: !!
Coffee snobs would have you killed for less :D !

Haha, I actually stumbled onto the boards.ie coffee forum, oh sweet j, it's terrifying. Please don't let them know.

Caffé Latte in the morning, espresso in the afternoon and evenings is the Italian way apparently (had to google this :eek: - I'm so uncouth :))

We're on our second Nespresso the first one broke just before christmas and we couldn't get it fixed so bought a new one - my husband wouldn't be without it and it does make the most amazing coffee, even the decaf is fab. I buy ours in BTs, am working in Dublin city centre anyway so it's handy.

M

How do you know what coffee pods to buy? (flavour wise). There seem to be so many to choose from!

The Nespresso people in BTs will be happy to let you sample a flavour before you buy it - very handy when "special editions" are issued (about twice a year).

I bought a Nespresso machine after reading the reviews on AAM - how's that for great advice!!

Resisted buying one. Had a Gaggia which was expensive and broke twice on me. Went back to using the traditional hob coffee makers. Decent coffee in fairness but a lot of work! Bought a Nespresso as an impulse purchase and a big thumbs up. Still working my way though the selection, but the ease of use, consistency and lack of cleaning are big plusses. I generally only have a cup or 2 on Sat/Sun morning.

Have yet to hear from someone who regrets buying a Nespresso. Even though it's a bit of a pain to get the pods, it's really worth it.

Thanks for all of your comments. I bought one today in Ryans Homestore Galway www.shopcookware.ie

I'm afraid to try it until tomorrow in case I don't sleep tonight with OD of caffeine.

Back