Nespresso coffee machine

MM3

Hi,

Has any one got a nespresso coffee machine? Are they any good? I'm thinking of buying one - l love a good coffee first thing in the morning but hate the hassle with most of the non automatic machines. I have sampled coffee from one and thought it was excellent but I'd be interested in the views of someone who has had one for a while.

Thanks,

M

Don't have one but stayed in a hotel room for a 3 nights that had one. Found it fab, so clean and convenient.

My concern with any of this type of machine though is that the pods may become hard to find very quickly. These machines are always the great new thing for a while but are soon replaced. At least with a manual machine you know you can always find the coffee.

Pods are readily available at the Nespresso shop in Brown Thomas, Dublin or online which I have used on two occasions. They are delivered promptly by DHL within 4 - 5 working days.

We bought a Nespresso machine in BT just before Christmas and we love it. It's so quick, clean and easy, plus if you want a "bigger" coffee you can just microwave some milk up and make a latte.

If you're in Dublin you can pop into BT to top up your stock of pods - they'll happily make you a couple of coffees to taste out of their huge range, and give you a nice bikkie as well!

BTW if you are thinking of buying one we bought ours in Kildare Retail Outlet for €100 less than BT's price.

Thanks for all the replies - I'll have a shop around and see whats the best price going.

M

A bit late on this subject but I have only seen it now. With regard to your fear of the capsules not being available in the future - I was informed in the Boutique in BT that they sold over 1 billion of these capsules worldwide last year and as they are part of the Nestle group I can't see them ceasing production anytime soon.

Very prompt delivery service and should your machine ever fault you're in for a very pleasant surprise with their repair service!

Hope this helps.

V

I must say when I first heard of these I thought you'd be mad to sign up a a lifetime of supplies from a single source.

However, they do taste great. As well as this, by far the biggest advantage is the radical reduction in cleaning you need to do, and the ease of storage of the coffee. You can get equally good tasing coffee from other machines, but you'll be forever cleaning it to keep it tasting good. Similarly with storing the fresh coffee.

The fact that Nespresso is so popluar would tend to indicate the capsules aren't likely to disappear, nor to increase in price too much. They must be making an absolute fortune on it. It's just a pity they con't have a competing system to keep them "honest".

Having said all that, I'm a definite convert.

Hi

We had one of these machines in our showroom for quite a while and it was great - the coffee was incredible.

Initially i was dubious about the pods - but they are made by nestle and i would doubt the likes of miele would enter into an arrangement with a company without having some assurances that they would be produced on an ongoing basis.

We now have a Neff machine (beans or ground coffee) which i would also recommend as an alternative - most importantly for a grinding machine it needs little or no maintenance

Regards
barry

Hi,

I purchased an automatic Nespresso machine a few months ago and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. There is no cleaning involved, it's simple to use and most importantly a consistant good cup of coffee every time. Machine is a little pricey but sale on a week or so ago in BT's where they were giving €60 off.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the machine to anyone who likes their coffee. Go for it.

I agree we have ours about 7 years and are thrilled we no longer have to order online my hubbie just goes to BT and gets order. Arnotts sell the machine's also so look out for special offers. The important thing to look out for with a coffee machine is the pressure the nespresso one is 19 bar - the higher the bar the better the coffee - its what creats the nice cream on top. My sister tried to buy one from kildare retail outlet and they only had the expresso one's rather than a coffee maker !!!

I was in Harvey Norman in Swords over the weekend and they have a huge selection of the Nespresso coffee machines. They have a large tasting table with 3 machines being demonstrated so I sampled a number of the blends. The EUR 60 cash back offer is on until the end of the month apparantly.

I agree we have ours about 7 years and are thrilled we no longer have to order online my hubbie just goes to BT and gets order. Arnotts sell the machine's also so look out for special offers. The important thing to look out for with a coffee machine is the pressure the nespresso one is 19 bar - the higher the bar the better the coffee - its what creats the nice cream on top. My sister tried to buy one from kildare retail outlet and they only had the expresso one's rather than a coffee maker !!!

I was in Kildare Retail Outlet yesterday and they had the Nespresso Cube and Essenza (both are coffee makers) versions. Must be very popular that they are flying off the shelves.

Does the Nespresso Magimix give a normal cup of coffee or an expresso sized cup? Would all you owners out there recommend the automatic or manual? Thanks

All of the machines have the function to do both espresso and what Nespresso term as "Lungo" (long) coffees. Of the 12 blends which they produce 3 of them fall into the Lungo range including a Decaff blend.

The automatic versus manual option is purely a matter of convenience for yourself - they all make the very same coffee.

Hi I am interested in buying a coffee machine and am wondering what make of Nespresso machine is recommended and how much do they cost?

Thanks for any replies.

To throw a spanner in the works, I have a Gaggia http://www.amazon.com/Gaggia-90500-Titanium-Automatic-Stainless/dp/B0007XXHD2/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_a/103-9765314-3313401 (super automatic coffee machine.)It is not cheap. But, I reckon I have saved a fortune and that it has almost paid for itself. :)

Marion

I'd also be interested in which Nespresso machine people have and what they think of them. I like the look of the cube myself but haven't made my mind up just yet so would like to hear what ones are most recommended.

Back