Neff Appliances

sob

Just wondering whether anyone knew where to go to get the best value in Neff appliances, looking for single oven, combi-over/micro, hob, extractor fan, integrated DW etc.

Anyone know any retaillers who would do a deal or whether go directly to Neff/KAL and see if they are interested in a package price.

Thanks in advance.

sob we got a deal from D.I.D. Electrical in Blanchardstown although there was a sale on at the time. But worth checking with them anyway.

I'm not sure where to post this. I would be keen to know of anyone's experiences with Neff ovens, also. They range in price, for the different models, from €450 to €1500. As far as I can see, this is for the same oven, with varying degrees of extra functions as you go up. But is the basic oven, on normal fan function, exactly the same? If so, I can't see why anyone would pay a grand more for the self cleaning, special cooking modes, extra lights, etc??

Also, I went to this shop in Glasnevin that sells appliances which have dents and scratches in them, they're well discounted. The salesman assured me that they work just as well, and that they still come with full warranty. I was looking at one which had obviously taken a knock, one of the back corners is crushed in. what do you think about this?

I got a glass hood, double sink, taps and a 110cm range cooker from these lads.
euro80 shipping and very quick and friendly.
saved euro1500 in total.

a lot of models in DID etc are old models ( maybe I am wrong but thats what I took away from viewing there)

K

I'm not sure where to post this. I would be keen to know of anyone's experiences with Neff ovens, also. They range in price, for the different models, from €450 to €1500. As far as I can see, this is for the same oven, with varying degrees of extra functions as you go up. But is the basic oven, on normal fan function, exactly the same? If so, I can't see why anyone would pay a grand more for the self cleaning, special cooking modes, extra lights, etc??

Neff and Siemens are made by the same company. Siemens quality is similar to Neff but at a lower price.

Neff are supposed to be high quality. I have a Neff oven and have had 2 problems with it in 5 years. Luckily I have been able to fix it myself on both occassions.

Unless you enjoy cleaning ovens, I wouldn't go for a single oven - it's a nightmare to clean. I got a Neff single oven/combined grill eight years ago and have never had a problem. It uses a circotherm heating process which is a much more gentle heating process than bog standard fan ovens and you can taste the difference. While the ceramic hob I got is Siemens, I went for a Neff Extractor Fan; I looked into how powerful the fan was and that was the best I could find at the time.

If it were now I'd try to get a self-cleaning oven. I think DeDetrich make them but very expensive. Failing that I'd go for another Neff only this time a double oven or one with a separate grill. Integrated DW is also Neff and again not a single problem.

Thanks for that! I'm checking out the Trade Appliances webite. The Neff model I saw (the dented one) was 800 reduced from 1500. I think I'll prob go for it. It is self cleaning (god it would want to be for that price). But I'll have a look at the Siemens too.

Unless you enjoy cleaning ovens, I wouldn't go for a single oven - it's a nightmare to clean.
We have a cheap single oven (Tricity Bendix if I recall correctly) for over 11 years now and use it a lot and have never had any problems with cleaning it which we have only done about 4 times over the years. I don't really know what people do with their ovens that seems to cause them so much grief when it comes to cleaning them. Unless they are obsessed about getting them shiny like new or something?

Originally Posted by Clubman
Unless they are obsessed about getting them shiny like new or something?
That has to be a joke! I just like 'clean' without smoke; sounds like a Desperate Housewife which I am far from being;). (A TV programme for the uninitiated). If anyone knows how to prevent grease spashing around the oven when grilling, I'd be delighted to hear it. It's the grilling that dirties my oven not the roasting.

Maybe that's the difference - we don't really grill that much. But we roast a lot.

I am ordering a neff double under the counter oven and gas hob directly though KAL through a contact I have.

You would not believe the mark up on the products!

I don't really know what people do with their ovens that seems to cause them so much grief when it comes to cleaning them. Unless they are obsessed about getting them shiny like new or something?

It's the see through doors ! I don't think my missus ever cleaned our oven until we got new neff stuff with glass doors that show up the state of the inside.

ps I'm not impressed with the gas hob - very little adjustment in the flame on the rings until you get to the last 2-5% of the dial.

Manda,
Did your contact mention whether they thought there was much difference between the €400 Neff single oven and the €1500 one? I don't want to pay twice as much just for a few extra gimmicky features. Is the actual oven mechanism the same?

I would not buy a single oven as I hate the idea of the grill being in the oven. I am not going for the one with all the bells and whistles, unless you do a lot of cooking you will not utilise them. The one I am buying retails about €1,000

We went to a Tradeappliances showroom which is only about 70 miles from us here in the English Midlands. Having looked at the kit and having a chat with the local chap who will be making and fitting our new kitchen I downloaded the details of what we wanted and gave them to him. He went to a retailer that he deals with on a regular basis and more than got a price match. Not a huge sum saved but it all counts and there are advantages in dealing with a local company. (And of course a major reduction on normal retail price.)
We are getting a Bosch gas hob, an integrated AEG fridge,an AEG chimney extractor, and an Electrolux integrated dishwasher. We got the Bosch ovens a few months ago at a very good price.

The point is that if you are buying a fair amount of kit from one source you stand a very good chance of getting a good deal.

When we got our kitchen in we decided to go for all Neff appliances. The kitchen man sent us to KAL to choose and then he ordered them. After the visit to the showroom I went online and found the trading-appliances website, where the combined package would have been 800 euro cheaper.
Informed KAL and they took 400 euro off their quote and we accepted. I am very happy with the oven and the dishwasher (the best I have ever had) , but I would not recommend their gas hobs. The burners stain and cannot be cleaned. KAL did give us new gas rings, so if we ever sell the place, the hob will look like new.

We went to a Tradeappliances showroom which is only about 70 miles from us here in the English Midlands. Having looked at the kit and having a chat with the local chap who will be making and fitting our new kitchen I downloaded the details of what we wanted and gave them to him. He went to a retailer that he deals with on a regular basis and more than got a price match. Not a huge sum saved but it all counts and there are advantages in dealing with a local company. (And of course a major reduction on normal retail price.)
We are getting a Bosch gas hob, an integrated AEG fridge,an AEG chimney extractor, and an Electrolux integrated dishwasher. We got the Bosch ovens a few months ago at a very good price.

The point is that if you are buying a fair amount of kit from one source you stand a very good chance of getting a good deal.

Maybe having the TA showroom near you may have helped but here !!
out local dealer in Navan was willing to give us about euro60 off a 5k order. I literally laughed as I walked out of the shop.

ordered on-line, received within 2 weeks and saved a packet.

best bet -try out different sources and decide.
Some people like shops, other internet and will pay accordingly.
But huge savings are there to be made.

Sure folks are still going into Dublin buy dvd's and cd's from HMV -- and getting generally ripped off in the meantime.

There - my rant is over :)
K

Back