Name and shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrewa said:
Oh dear Clubman - you really do have a problem. Get a life!!
Oh and (of course) we'll all be expecting you to respond to THIS post because you simply must have the last word, mustn't you!! Go on .. prove it.
Please respect the .

I'm respecting those guidelines as we speak. Thank you for pointing that out to me. It was very important and needed to be said. I'm grateful that you took the time to post that last post pointing out to me that I should respect the guidelines - thank you .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!

AndrewA

I am drawing your specific attention to the following posting guideline:

11. Please be civil - avoid causing offenceControversy and argument are welcome. But please keep your comments civil. Attack an opinion by all means, but please don't attack the person expressing the opinion.

If you want to attack people rather than arguments, please find another site in which to do so. We do our best to maintain a civil atmosphere while allowing people to express themselves. If you persist in personalised comments, you will be banned from Askaboutoney.

Fair enough Brendan - if you want to remove me because of what I've said, then you must do so. Others please note. I would, however, be disappointed if you removed me for transgressing the posting guidelines considering that Clubman himself tells us (quote "... and I am not immune to transgressing the posting guidelines from time to time..."). I do find Clubman's tone offensive - I honestly do. Apparently I'm not the only one (quote from MarkjBloggs - ".. I didn't ask for a lecture from you ... your tone is very offensive").

It's boring because we've seen this same quarrel in numerous other threads. Rather than hijacking a thread to discuss the rights and wrongs of Clubman's style, open a new thread. For those of you who really don't like it, try to ignore his posts. I know that could be difficult given the number.
Personally, I find the information/advice ne provides is generally useful, but find that his style of breaking up the previous poster's mail and answering bit by bit is difficult to read, and can give the impression that he is nitpicking.

Andrewa - it's a bit ironic you accusing me of offending people. You have accused me of having a "problem" (and needing to "get a life") here and of having a "personality problem", no less, here. These comments are offensive, uncalled for, outrageous and obviously in breach of posting guideline 11. Please withdraw these comments and/or apologise for them. If you can point to any breach of the posting guidelines by me in this thread or elsewhere let me know and I will sort it out likewise.

Seagull - I agree that it is boring but I feel obliged to respond to unwarranted criticism and outrageous personal attacks such as those above. I don't think that yet another thread on this topic will serve any useful purpose other than to prevent other threads being pulled off topic. I accept that you and others seem to get an unintended impression from my (non exclusive) use of the quoting mechanism when responding to posts but I (and others obviously) find it a useful way to keep the preceding context intact when responding to specific points in earlier posts.

Clubman

All right... OK ... - here is what you need from me.

I apologise herewith, profusely, humbly and in full, for calling you names and offending you outrageously.

Please post your acceptance of my deepest apology and let's get on with what really matters!

I accept your apology and would be grateful if you could remove the offending comments by editing your posts. Thank you.

explains how to do it. If editing is too difficult for you then deleting them might be simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back