Mrs Robinson

I think that this and the revelations about Gerry Adams could have a very destabilising effect on the political situation in Northern Ireland.

I don’t agree with posters who find it disgusting that a 60 year old woman and a 19 year old man are attracted to each other; there are plenty of 60 year old men who chase after 19 year old women (or would of they could).

Have to say I agree. Especially when I think of my all time woman....... [broken link removed] :)

Damn, I wish I was 19 again. :(

........ there are plenty of 60 year old men who chase after 19 year old women (or would of they could).
There are two tablets - taken in conjunction - that would enable this. One is glucosamine and the other totals 20 in Scrabble and is produced in Co. Cork :D

As this is a reputable website I won't tell the joke about Mrs. Robinson, Ikea, a few screws and the cabinet falling apart. Nope, won't tell that one.

As this is a reputable website I won't tell the joke about Mrs. Robinson, Ikea, a few screws and the cabinet falling apart. Nope, won't tell that one.

I didn't get that by text either and I certainly didn't send it on to anyone ;)

And definitely no Bogside/traditional route jokes - completely inappropriate.

I don't find it disgusting that a 60 year old female slept with a 19 year old. I find it unusual. It's more likely the other way around. But then I'm always been attracted to older males, Sean Conery, oh yes, and only when he was over 40. Maybe things change when one gets older and when I'm 50 I'll be attracted to teenage males? Especially if it's just a sex thing.

Is there any reason this story has come out at the same time as the Gerry Adams story?

She got the money so easily it begs the question did she get money before and did it influence her in the planning votes.

I don't believe she is ill, but is seeking to avoid speaking to the media and asking the very pertinent questions that they want to put to her.

But it must be hard to live in a puritanical one dimensional world if one is vivacious and lively and open to other experiences particularly if one's husband is Cromwellian in his views. I imagine that would cause any women to have a crisis (various people have told me she's mad or going through the memopause, my husband and others tell me she is very attractive). I don't profess to knowing their way of living and viewing the world, but if one lives by rigid mores, it must if one strays be all the more difficult to deal with mentally.

This doesn't take away from the fact that she procured money, she voted for certain planning matters, she voted for the young man to get the lease, she demanded a kickback of 5K and then demanded (not asked) for the money back when he refused her advances (so she clearly saw it as sex for money it would seem) and for this as a public representative she must answer for. It is quite extraordinary how she asked for the kickback, when she and her husband bring in circa 500K annually. How easy would it have been for them to pay back the 50k to the developers, which would have been the right thing to do.

The only real wrong Peter Robinson has done is that when she tried to commit suicide, if that is the case, that he went to work. Now there is clearly something wrong with a husband in that circumstance. I wouldn't like to live under the yoke of his forgiveness either, even if she did wrong.

For those who are saying we are commenting on this because of their religion, you certainly can't say that about me. I find the Catholic Church and it's actions in Ireland far more vile than anything Iris Robinson has ever done. In fact she'd be a saint in comparison.

I agree with much of what you say Bronte, however:
But it must be hard to live in a puritanical one dimensional world if one is vivacious and lively and open to other experiences particularly if one's husband is Cromwellian in his views.

She shouldn't have married him if that was the case.
The dogs in the street know what kind of a man Peter Robinson is and what his views are.

I'd say Irish government are welcoming this distraction. Bagging 5000 pounds is small fry compared to the corruption that's been going on here.

I agree with much of what you say Bronte, however:

She shouldn't have married him if that was the case.
The dogs in the street know what kind of a man Peter Robinson is and what his views are.

Not exactly sure what you're referring to (I'm referring to the religious and moral sphere). When one is young and in love you may not know what 40 years of living with one person may mean. Being young herself, she probably did the right thing and got married when the right man came along. She may have changed as she grew older and fought against that which she was brought up to believe in. This is no easy thing to do for those brought up under a very strict social order.

It cannot have been an easy life, even with all the perks of high office and plenty of money. I can't imagine what it would be like to have constant press intrusion and security risk.

Not exactly sure what you're referring to (I'm referring to the religious and moral sphere).

So am I. Peter Robinson's views have been held for decades. The DUP was formed only a year after he married and he was involved pretty much from the start. Iris herself is supposedly a born again christian.

There should have been absolutely no surprise as to what kind of man he was. So IMO, she is either mentally unstable, an untrustworthy hypocrite, stupid or a combination of all three. I already think she is a particularly nasty cold hearted bigot as it is.

The DUP will probably try and put Kirk out of business im sure

she is either mentally unstable, an untrustworthy hypocrite, stupid or a combination of all three. I already think she is a particularly nasty cold hearted bigot as it is.

I think all your choices are correct there, but there must be some humanity in her, surely a person can't be all bad? How could you live with yourself if you're like that, I guess one doesn't see it in oneself.

Spirit of humility? Begs forgiveness? Surely this crotchety old testament bigot (who seems to be able to advise all and sundry in moral matters) cannot reconcile his lavish personal lifestyle with his sermonising. Hypocritical hogwash to his bible belt fans. Very easy to blame a breakdown when things start to unravel and the solids hit the fan. How many con artists have a breakdown before they are twigged? To my knowledge none. But then again, the Lord works in mysterious ways.:rolleyes: Very mysterious.:rolleyes:

Benjamin: Oh God. Oh, let me out.
Mrs. Robinson: Don't be nervous.
Benjamin: Get away from that door.
Mrs. Robinson: I want to say something first.
Benjamin: This post will be deleted if not edited immediately Christ.
Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin, I want you to know that I'm available to you, and if you won't sleep with me this time...
Benjamin: Oh, my Christ.
Mrs. Robinson: If you won't sleep with me this time I want you to know that you can call me up anytime you want and we'll make some kind of arrangement.
Benjamin: Oh...
Mrs. Robinson: Do you understand what I...
Benjamin: Let me out.
Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin, do you understand what I just said?
Benjamin: Yes! Yes. Let me out!
Mrs. Robinson: I find you very attractive.

Have sales of the Graduate gone up recently in the Irish market ? I think we'll rent it out this weekend. Should be real good fun now I can relate it to real people ;) Wonder will Peter be watching it anytime soon. Maybe that's too mean of me, but this story has been absolutely the best fun in ages.

I am afraid I don't have the sort of deep personal familiarity with the personal affairs, or indeed any long-standing interest in the politicial actions of, Mrs. Robinson such as would allow me make any sort of informed judgment on what sort of a person she is or what sort of illnesses she may or may not have.

At a time when interest in, and participation in, the political workings of our democracy is on a long term downward trend, it is gratifying to see that so many members of AAM are obviously such keen and diligent followers of politics ( or personally familiar with Mrs. Robinson - or indeed both) as to be able to see matters so clearly. Makes me feel quite inadequate I can tell you.........................

At a time when interest in, and participation in, the political workings of our democracy is on a long term downward trend, it is gratifying to see that so many members of AAM are obviously such keen and diligent followers of politics ( or personally familiar with Mrs. Robinson - or indeed both) as to be able to see matters so clearly. Makes me feel quite inadequate I can tell you.........................

I'm surprised that you seem surprised at the level of interest in politics and current affairs among AAM members, given the nature of general discussion and debate on this fourm on all sorts of topical political issues over the years.

If you feel inadequate based on this, then stay away from politics.ie:eek:

Back