Moyglare Hall OR Newtown Hall, Maynooth

Moyglare

Hi

I also offered 275 and was turned down so looks like they are holding out!!
Reckon they have to come down yet...they are still on phase 3 and there's a 4th phase to go...
Anyone buy there recently?

That seems crazy considering I know of some lovely 4 beds that have sold for less the 300k in Maynooth recently.

He came down to 280K and we decided to go it alone and away from the mortgage broker the builder directed us to. Haven't yet met a bank that will offer us with what the mortgage broker could get us. So I would imagine that there are a lot of people out there like us in a similar situation. Banks aren't simply giving out mortgages to folk anymore.

One interesting development is that three houses that were rented out seem to have three new "families". Three women that appear to be single with children....!! They could be rented out but all the furniture was taken out of them a few weeks ago. I note also that Newtown Hall and Griffin Rath Manor have cut their prices to the levels in Moyglare Hall... I think they'll be kicking themselves in 3 months time that they didnt take the 275K.

Absolutely.

I don't live a million miles away from either of these estates but from what I've heard there's quite a lot of rental going on. It's also the same in the estate I'm living in too. We've had renters coming and going and some causing nothing but hassle.

See 6 out of the 10 houses have sold stickers on them since the weekend. I don't know if its a ploy from the builders to shake the apples from the tree or not.

They still don't seem to be willing to budge - still refusing 270k!!!
Anyone else have any luck recently?

any updates on the prices

so how have been getting on here with the builder? any news on the prices - just saw the prices havent moved since last year..do they not want to sell these properties?

Still no joy, it would be nice to know who exactly is buying them...seeing as we are in the middle of a recession.

I've heard tell that a bunch of them have gone to social housing, and while some of the 4 beds are selling (for 300-320k mark, not 350k), none of the 5 beds have been touched in well over a year.

There's one reason that house prices in Maynooth are still as inflated as they are, and if you look at daft or myhome it doesn't take a genius to figure out why!

Hi pnag,
Where have you heard about some of the houses going to Social housing? just to clarify two 5 beds have sold in the last 9 months and a 3rd is now sold

so how are they trying to entioce people into these places. are they giving extras in with the sale? free kitchen and appliances? free wardrobes? free carpets? i know of some buiilders providing the whole interior with the house....

It's in the planning permission about the social housing and also affordable housing so it's inevitable really that a certain number of houses in particular estates would be made available to social housing. Since the development is in pretty much a mature state its reasonable to expect that some of those social units will be getting occupants in the last few months.

What I think are social/affordable housing are already built and occupied as far as I can tell - they are houses designed differently to all the others (kitchen at the front), there's two terraced rows of them. One on The Dale and one on The Court. One of the newly built houses on The Green is already occupied, and some of the others don't look far behind. Six of the other nine now have sold signs up, along with two of the five beds on the other side. Sully, not all the water pipes froze over the winter - ours did, but many of our neighbours we spoke to had no problem at all. For next next phase of building there's PP applied for converting the attic of the 3/4 beds and making that the master bedroom, and having the box room as a study. Also for a conservatory on the houses.

There are a few in the Walk as well just opposite the apartments from what I heard from a mate living there. 3 were occupied over the last month or so, the first semi-detached and then the next end of terraced one.

I think they're still owned by the builders and that they're renting them out.

From what I saw they have made a good few customisations and had the alarms wired up, new gates on the side alleys and so forth..I tend to think its more of a permanent arrangement myself. I could be wrong.

would you want a third floor in a house - when would you use it....only for guests - to much heating and they wont be built for another 2 years im thinking. conservatory would be nice but i think the houses are big enough anyway...just another way for them to increase the price im thinking and keeping the same floor space

Can anyone tell me what bus stop to get off for Moyglare Hall please? I'll be using the 67 to get in and out to work and I'm going to look at some houses next week. It wasn't very clear on dublinbus.ie as to what stop to get off at. Thanks in advance.

The route is not in place. The suggested Terminus is in The Walk, though I dont think it will further in than the main road into the estate.

Back