Moving back to Greyhound from City Bins

Due to increases in a number of our costs including insurance, disposal outlets and environmental compliance we have to increase our charges slightly as follows from Monday June 8th 2015. This increase has been kept to an absolute minimum and we are confident that Thorntons still represents excellent value for money for the service provided. Please note there is no change to the annual service fee.

2015PriceChangeDublinPAYG.102626.jpg

Received this week from Thorntons.

Due to increases in a number of our costs including insurance, disposal outlets and environmental compliance we have to increase our charges slightly as follows from Monday June 8th 2015. This increase has been kept to an absolute minimum and we are confident that Thorntons still represents excellent value for money for the service provided. Please note there is no change to the annual service fee.

2015PriceChangeDublinPAYG.102626.jpg

Received this week from Thorntons.
Just noticed * Please note there is a surcharge on the waste bin of 20c per Kg for all bins over 40kg.

Folks,

I was easily able to agree a fixed price, no weight restrictions, annual flat fee with City Bin. It was €140 (paid in advance). I live in Dublin, have a "normal" amount of rubish and have absolutely no connection with City Bin, other than being a happy customer.

Can I suggest that if you were considering them, but had a concern about thie risk of additional costs for additional weight, that you might explore agreeing the same arrangement as I have ?

Folks,

I was easily able to agree a fixed price, no weight restrictions, annual flat fee with City Bin. It was €140 (paid in advance). I live in Dublin, have a "normal" amount of rubish and have absolutely no connection with City Bin, other than being a happy customer.

Can I suggest that if you were considering them, but had a concern about thie risk of additional costs for additional weight, that you might explore agreeing the same arrangement as I have ?

Mr Earl

Thanks for the tip which I'll certainly bear in mind just before my annual service renewal fee is due ;)

Thanks for the tip which I'll certainly bear in mind just before my annual service renewal fee is due ;)

Rang Thorntons recently and they confirmed that they issue part refunds (less small administration fee) on the annual service renewal fee. This might be worth considering if the weight aspect is going to raise your bill, which is definitely going to cost us a lot more.

There was something mentioned on the news yesterday about new legislation that came into force recently to further curb the illegal waste collectors.

Have heard also we may have to start paying for recycle bin in new legislation to come in next year :(

Just noticed * Please note there is a surcharge on the waste bin of 20c per Kg for all bins over 40kg.

Following on from Thornton's increase on 8th June has anyone noticed a significant increase in their bin charges due to this weight surcharge?

As 1st February is date for yearly renewal fee of €50.00 with Thorntons just wondering if anyone has any update/improvement on general bin charges? They seem to be getting more expensive year by year. With the new rules on weight kicking in its getting rough. Has anyone heard anything about the possible introduction of green bin charges?

Haven't seen any suggestion that there will be a charge for green bins so long as the account remains in credit.

Haven't seen any suggestion that there will be a charge for green bins so long as the account remains in credit.

I spoke with some of the bin companies last year when they had rate increases and one of them mentioned the new rules coming into force in 2016. They had heard a mention of the possibility of charging in Dublin for green bins. In light of other parts of the country being charged for this it is probably on the way here too :(

From 1st July apparently, Green and Brown bins to be weight and charged.
But Greyhound still want me to sign up for a year even though they don't know yet what the charges will be from the 1st July!

Also, annual charge has gone from €175 to €199

Greyhound won't answer any of my emails. It's a disgrace they should only be offering a 6 month contract if they can't say what the charges will be.

From 1st July apparently, Green and Brown bins to be weight and charged.

If Thorntons start charging for Green bins, I shall be investing in my own back yard incinerator, illegal or not. In my view, this is silently becoming a far greater issue than water charges and yet not many people seem to be jumping up and down about it.......

Are Greyhound offering the €17 a month in your area? I signed up for that rather than yearly deal until there was more information about the new regime.

Greyhound won't answer any of my emails. It's a disgrace they should only be offering a 6 month contract if they can't say what the charges will be.
They said they'd transfer the credit remaining on my account after 6 or 7 months over to the new weight based charging plan!

Are Greyhound offering the €17 a month in your area? I signed up for that rather than yearly deal until there was more information about the new regime.

As a relative has the €17 deal I asked them if I could sign up with them and avail of this offer but they said no its only available to people who have been with them for at least 12 months?

As a relative has the €17 deal I asked them if I could sign up with them and avail of this offer but they said no its only available to people who have been with them for at least 12 months?

Thanks for the clarification, sorry to get hopes up :(

Does anyone know what Greyhound's charges are? There is nothing on their website about what they charge which seems hard to believe.

Does anyone know what Greyhound's charges are? There is nothing on their website about what they charge which seems hard to believe.

It's deliberately obfuscated... varies from new to existing customers and area, and all will change in 3 months with new regime.

When I was still with them I've asked that question a couple of times - always got the same answer of "it depends on location, when you signed up, and blablabla..." - so it is really a pain in the neck to find out. What really annoyed me with them that they seem to be incapable of creating an invoice. Wondering if this is actually OK from a revenue perspective....

Back