Mount Oval (Cork City, near Rochestown /Douglas)

Re: Mount Oval

Welcome to Cork too... I moved to Cork 2 years ago and I'm getting on grand. Douglas/Rochestown is a great area. Cork traffic is a breeze compared to Dublin gridlock. Cork traffic actually moves.
I moved to Carrigaline and it's a bit quiet for a single fella looking for a social life so I end up in douglas or town a lot.

My favourite posh Cork joke:

You couldn't be seen to be playing golf in Cork during August.
Why?
The neighbours would think you didn't have a yacht.

ha ha sure sure i'll drop on on u for a bag of sugar and a cup of tea !

douglas itself down the road is a nice place to go out

though compared to what it was a few years back it is getting very built up

if children are in the plans ahead, then there is alot of schools in the area douglas school short distance from u ,
passage west if u are viewing houses around that area (also a good area to check out , supposedly the next Kinsale ! if we believe the hype

Just had a call from the vendor estate agent, my offer 20k under the asking price has been accepted! I really didnt expect that to happen, I made the offer for kind of a laugh to keep my toe in. Im amazed!

Im still going to see the other two houses anyway, just to see whats out there but I really do love the Mount Oval house, the extras with the house are great, eg Belfast sink, under floor heating.

The excitement!

I thought it was overpriced anyway so Im more than happy that my offer was accepted. On the other side, I can afford to sell my current home for a little less too, nice one.

Ah yes, you can take the man out of Cork...

How can you welcome me to a town you no longer live in? :D

I live there spiritually my friend...."how of do my thoughts and their fancy take flight...."

make sure when you move to Cork that you put a Cod & Chips from Lennox's chipper at the very very top of your list!

Firefly.

When I was living in Dublin, before I moved back to Cork, I noticed that of all the counties that came to Dubiln to work, the ones that always wanted to move back home were from Cork (and I was one of them).

Currently living in Carrigaline.

And my favourite Cork Joke

A northsider and a southsider were at a bus stop

Northsider: C'mere, what time is the next bust at?
Southsider: You can't say that! "At" is a preposition, one cannot finish a sentance with a preposition"

Northsider: All right, what time is the next bus at LANGER!

When I was living in Dublin, before I moved back to Cork, I noticed that of all the counties that came to Dubiln to work, the ones that always wanted to move back home were from Cork (and I was one of them).

That isn't an unusual occurance at all. It the Cork Centre of the Universe Complex that's responsible for that.

make sure it's Lennox on Bandon Road. there are a few others but they are all fakes compared to the real thing

KCs vs Lennox's.....that thread could run & run & run &.....!!!!!

neither deliver, and you really have to be fasting for a few days to finish either, far too much grub but too gorg to share:p
4Star straight to the door is yer only man!

Im guessing MO is in Cork. If someone lets me know Ill change the title to reflect this fact.
aj

Back