Mice in attic - how to get rid of?

Sympathy, I was demented when we had mice. But c'mon, don't hurt them! Our mice sounded so loud we thought they were rats at least! Cat was NO deterrent. We used the humane traps with peanut butter (they LOVE it) and then took them AT LEAST A MILE AWAY - apparently they will try to find their way back... You are better to put the traps lengthways alongside wall - they don't like to break cover and come out into the open. Main thing is to block up any possible entry points from outside or next door - if you can stick a pencil through a hole, they can get into it.
Try the humane traps, you will feel so much better not killing them, or torturing them if they take a while to die, honest!
Good luck!

Babysitter told us last week that a tiny mouse ran across the floor of the kitchen.I set traps immediately and lay a trail of weetabix to 5 traps that I had laid out in a circle. Turned the lights off and sat in a chair and waited. CAught two tiny mice within 15 minutes !

We tried traps - no good. The Ultrasonic pest repellers are a waste of money, a mouse will come in out of the cold and put up with the US nise rather than die! The best thing that worked for me was the glue - put some on a piece of cardboard with chocalate for a bait. Works every time!

Babysitter told us last week that a tiny mouse ran across the floor of the kitchen.I set traps immediately and lay a trail of weetabix to 5 traps that I had laid out in a circle. Turned the lights off and sat in a chair and waited. CAught two tiny mice within 15 minutes !

Sounds like these are the babies......I would keep setting traps as they could have 6-10 siblings! and dont forget the parents.

A number of years ago we heard the telltale scratching noise, caught one adult mouse and within days we have 8-10 babies running around right under our nose.....they dont have as much fear and if the mammy mouse is dead they come out of the nest looking for food.....

I am now terrified after reading this post!!!

Couple of times over the last couple of weeks, I have been hearing scratching noises during the night - don't know if its coming from the bedroom itself or if its coming from the attic or where!! Anyway, OH told me I must be imaganing it but I was convinced we had a mouse.

Today, saw a mouse in the sitting room but it ran out into the hall to god knows where - went straight up to our local DIY show and bought 6 of those plug in thingys - kitchen, dining room, 2 bedrooms, sitting room and landing and bought some sort of plastic mouse trap things that already have some sort of bait in them, apparently the mice crawl into them and it traps them. We have put one in the attic and one at the back door. The plug in thingys make a clicking noise that I can hear - is this how they work?

Should I just wait and see is this enough? Should I be getting more mouse traps in every room in the house? Am terrified of them and have no hesitation with killing the pests.......

Back