M50 eflow.ie 1890 number

Elitist

So rang the 1890 number after going through the toll bridge on Sunday.
Check the credit card today and it cost me 60 euro.

31/08/2008 EFLOW.IE DUBLIN 4 €6.00

Re: M50 1890 number

holy bejaysus. was that amount actually charged to your credit card? Are they going to pay the interest charged if you are in debit? (regardless of how little it may be)

Re: M50 1890 number

I went through it on Saturday. Rang the 1890 number - you were given options ... press 1 for this press 2 for that etc. Pressed the appropriate number. Then more options. Pressed the number. Silence. I went through this three times before giving up. Probably there was no one there as it was Saturday evening but they didn't even have a message saying "Our opening hours are..." and I would have thought that in this day and age they could have an automated answering service 24 hours a day same as they have for Eircom etc.
Anyway just about remembered to call on sunday before 8 pm. A very bored sounding girl took my details. Reg first. Then credit card details. The credit card wouldn't go through for her so she called it all out again - credit card number was right but she'd entered incorrectly the expiry date. Alarmed she might have my reg in wrong I asked her to call that back to me too but she said she couldn't as it was no longer available to her.

I'm an infrequent user of the toll bridge but next time I'll pay on line. Its just a pain that you can't phone up from your mobile and that you can't dial the payment department directly.

Theres apparently been a few "teething" issues and I heard that the NRA are going to waive some charges.
I'd definitely be asking for a refund

I rang and they said they would refund.

It will sort itself out over next few weeks I imagine

Beforehand somebody took the money, now somebody has to man the phones, man the internet, send out bills, send out solicitors letters, send out ballifs and deal with 1000's of complaints per day.

Where is the cost saving?

Oops, yeah they are charging folk €3 whom do not register. Im not a frequent user, 1 once a month through Dublin and M1 and rarely through Fermoy but months ago I still got an Eazypass tag. Extra charge of €1.21 per month for insurance of the tag.

Oops, yeah they are charging folk €3 whom do not register. Im not a frequent user, 1 once a month through Dublin and M1 and rarely through Fermoy but months ago I still got an Eazypass tag. Extra charge of €1.21 per month for insurance of the tag.

Why don't you simply sign up for video registration?? The toll is then €2.50 on the M50 without any of the faffing about of ringing up to make a payment. You register once and forget about it...

I am currently on my 4th attempt to sign up for video registration.

I've been trying complete the video registration on the eflow website since Friday, it just pops up with "update in progress" and never gets any further. The 1890 phone people say theres a problem with video account registration on their website. The problem has been there since at least 5th Sept and is still there now, not very satisfactory!

Had to do it by phone in the end.

How does video registration work? If for example you'll only use the toll bridge once every few months is it worth it?

I think so, there seems to be no admin fee though you pay an extra 50c on the toll.
I reckon if you find yourself using it every month then it makes sense to switch to a tag.

I read in the indo that some enterprising drivers were covering up their rear reg plates however they forgot about the front ones and are facing some nasty fines.

thing is the video reg thing only works for the barrier free and the tags work at all toll stations across the country and future ones

thing is the video reg thing only works for the barrier free and the tags work at all toll stations across the country and future ones

Yes but you can still pay by cash and there is no cost savings at other toll plazas by using a tag...

Through our www.saynoto1890.com website we've now, finally, found out the geographical alternative number for the eFlow 1890 50 10 50 number.

For anyone who has mobile or landline phone minutes bundles, this will save them upwards on 35c per minute if they have to call the eFlow customer services number - instead of paying separately for the 1890 number as is normally the case.

The number is 01 6602511 and select the eFlow call centre option.

Back