Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else queried why there is no wardrobe in the single bedroom of all the 3 bed semis?

Don't think the show-houses have any wardrobes in the box room anyway. Doesnt bother me personally as that'll be my office.

No harm in asking I suppose but if it's not in the show house I doubt you'll get it in your house.

Couldn't remember what was in the showhouse, so we were going by the floor plan booklet which shows wardrobes in all bedrooms.

Back when we bought, most of the 3 beds didn't have cupboards in the 3rd bedroom. The exception was the one with the carport. I think that's type F.

Regarding Lusk Village, can anyone tell me if the showers in the houses come with the shower door? I noticed there wasn't any shower doors in the show homes.

Haven't got one yet, seen them in a few places Atlantic, Homebase etc...not hard to find. ....and it is a fairly big shower alright, like a 'normal' shower length and a half.

Unfortunately, your looking at the guts of E500 for a shower door for the ensuite. Havent bought one yet but that's the general price.

Should be getting the keys to my place tomorrow! Provided there's no delays on the solicitors side. Can't wait to get in... all this dragging on is driving me nuts!!

Has anyone got the name of a good tiler? What's the going rate per sq yrd for one at the moment?

jimmy o'connor is a great tiler but i expensive. ask the foreman (mark) for his number if you want him

How much is expensive? I need 22 m sq (26 yrd sq) done. All porcelin floor tiles. Was thinking of doing it myself but not sure if I'd be able or if I want the hassle!

Also, just got the bill from the solicitor. They're charging us approx 1000 for outlays. Does this seem expensive to any one in LV? How much were you charged for outlays by your solicitor?

Cheers
dunner

1000 plus outlays seems quite reasonable. Thanks goodness the days when solicitors charged a percentage of the sale price are gone! Sorry Dunner, can't help you regarding your tiles....where did you see those 500euro shower doors?

Not sure where I seen the shower doors. Maybe you'd get them cheaper than that. Think they are more than 400 anyway.

Getting keys today! :)

The shower is a standard sized double tray. I think it's 1200 * 600. You'll find doors in all the large DIY/hardware stores, or in the bathroom shops.

Beware stopgap solutions, they tend to last longer than intended. We put up a shower curtain as a temporary measure while looking around for a door. Two years on, and that's what we still have.

Yea I can understand that.
Interesting thread in the Homes section regarding wooden frame v stone houses. What are the Lusk Village homes?

We are signing for our house in Lusk Village next week. We checked the house out again and all the items on the snag list are done.

I was handed a leaflet by the foreman about Broadworks Cable TV. Does NTL service Lusk? Or is a choice between SKY or Broadworks?

It's a choice between broadworks and sky. If you do a searchfor broadworks on the forum , you'll find that not many people are particularly flattering about either their package or customer service.

Lusk Village would be a typical brick and mortar build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back